a spell to make people like me?

Niponic
Forum Member
Forum Member

a spell to make people like me?

Post by Niponic »

Can anyone recommend anything?

My neighbours hate me, i dont have friends (really!), i feel like a hermit! I know the main problem is that im not very sociable, im scared of people, im scared of everything lol. But even when i try to be friendly people seem to hate me without even knowing me. Everyone around me seems to be selective, i also feel like im being judged by what i look like [greensmile] ... And the people who are close to me seem to think im arrogant, but i dont think i am x(

Is there anything i could do to make people actually be friends with me, or maybe to become popular? Thanks xx

Lucan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: a spell to make people like me?

Post by Lucan »

Venus talismans from Picatrix.

hobotubbie
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by hobotubbie »

In my opinion this is personality and social decision based and not about magick.

You have two solutions, i don't what kind of person you are but i can tell you there are more like you probably nearer than you think.

1- you change your social habits, style, personality, character etc so you can please the people from your social culture.

2- you remain the same the way you feel it and start looking for people who share the same ideas and passions.

If i was you i would pick option number 2.. would be hard at the beggining but after a while your gonna feel realized and strong enough to ignore whatever people say because you know that you are right.. and you know that you are happy and there is nothing wrong about that.

You need to make a choice here .. i hope you do it right and don't give a **** about them.

Chamaeleus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Chamaeleus »

In my opinion this is personality and social decision based and not about magick.
Tho magick can be used to make a change in the way people see you, and/or to cause a change in your social behaviour to accomplish the result you desire.

I recomend if you like spellcraft, to create a rhyme which tells your desire and chant it over and over again for sometime and each day.
Such as, ''More social I shall be, so people will see, all the good, that is inside of me''.

Or if you prefer meditations, I recoment you to go into meditation and focus on your breath so you will become free of most thoughts in your mind (if you know a better way of meditating feel free to use that, aslong as you free your mind of most thoughts.).
After reaching that state visualise/imagine yourself in various social scenarios and then practice your reaction and behaviour in those scenarios.

Its also to helpfull to do this visualisation training after your chanting when the feeling of that desire is strong in you.

And ofcourse its best to have people that like you the way you are, but some social skills can always come in handy.

Goodluck friend, I hope you may find some use in this.

hobotubbie
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by hobotubbie »

yes well i know magick can be used in probably all sorts of situations.

I just don't consider that magick should be used in these kind of situations.. it shall be preserved for higher purposes.

It makes men weaker to think they can hide what they are by using magick = the shortcut to hide the answer that you really need to find about yourself.

But anyways.. that's just me. And the world is full of mes.

Chamaeleus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Chamaeleus »

I understand your point of view but magick can also be used as a way of self improvement,
for me that is actualy my greatest goal.

Ofcourse hiding who you are is a bad thing, but improving oneself through effort (be it magick or otherwise) is a noble goal and will strengthen character.

One will eventualy become as one sees oneself,
see your self as a better person and you will eventualy become a better person.
This is also magick.

hobotubbie
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by hobotubbie »

Yes but he's talking about being accepted by others.. and that doesn't imply being better or yourself.

dRider
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by dRider »

There is one surefire way I know of to make people like you, Niponic. See, what you do is, you take over a country, by force or by coup, it doesn't matter. And you force people to say they like you or you'll raise their taxes and march their young men off to the front lines of combat. [twisted]

I have to agree with the mundane method, here. It's easier to learn to live without the acceptance of others than it is to conform to their desires...it'll make you happier, too, in the long run. That is, it's far more profitable to go about your business (following your Tao, your Way) and find true friends along the road than it is to spend all your time and energy fitting in. But "When in Rome, do what the Romans do," is still very true. Ben Franklin once said that even a tallow chandler can teach himself to speak to kings. That doesn't mean they'll be best buddies, but at least you don't feel like a goober.

I've always preferred that the majority of people respect me than like me, with a few great friends I just click with. And remember, also, it can actually be dangerous to be too friendly, as this is how I've found myself robbed. You have to find your preferred norm. We can advise all we want, but if you're a Dragon, astrologically, or a Horse, and life just doesn't feel right without friends by your side, you'll have to exercise the fine art of diplomacy. You can make it so you seem invisible in a crowd or anywhere in public if you don't want attention paid to you, or you can be that particular person everybody likes and wants to know. Just be careful what you wish for.

Chamaeleus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Chamaeleus »

hobotubbie wrote:Yes but he's talking about being accepted by others.. and that doesn't imply being better or yourself.
But he said that the cause probaly lays within himself,
I know the main problem is that im not very sociable, im scared of people, im scared of everything lol
My point about self improvement is based upon that comment.

hobotubbie
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by hobotubbie »

So i guess we both agree in the self improvement need.. just not in wether to use magick or not to achieve it.

Chamaeleus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Chamaeleus »

aye

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

There is one surefire way I know of to make people like you, Niponic. See, what you do is, you take over a country, by force or by coup, it doesn't matter. And you force people to say they like you or you'll raise their taxes and march their young men off to the front lines of combat. [twisted]

I have to agree with the mundane method, here. It's easier to learn to live without the acceptance of others than it is to conform to their desires...it'll make you happier, too, in the long run. That is, it's far more profitable to go about your business (following your Tao, your Way) and find true friends along the road than it is to spend all your time and energy fitting in. But "When in Rome, do what the Romans do," is still very true. Ben Franklin once said that even a tallow chandler can teach himself to speak to kings. That doesn't mean they'll be best buddies, but at least you don't feel like a goober.

I've always preferred that the majority of people respect me than like me, with a few great friends I just click with. And remember, also, it can actually be dangerous to be too friendly, as this is how I've found myself robbed. You have to find your preferred norm. We can advise all we want, but if you're a Dragon, astrologically, or a Horse, and life just doesn't feel right without friends by your side, you'll have to exercise the fine art of diplomacy. You can make it so you seem invisible in a crowd or anywhere in public if you don't want attention paid to you, or you can be that particular person everybody likes and wants to know. Just be careful what you wish for.
QFT.
...but if you're a Dragon, astrologically, or a Horse,...
Love this bit especially.I 'm a Horse. [thumbup]

I find this pithy saying often applies:

"Never should you be so desperate for companionship,that you seek out the company of Fools."

I am not the most popular or sociable of people myself,meh.I have a sharp tongue in my head and I use it,lol.However,in the end,my honesty and apparent brusqueness has won me true friends who appreciate that I am also non judgemental and I 've been in dark places too,so I can offer sense and comfort instead of trite soundbites and hypocrisy,lol.

Work on you,for you, but not to please others.When you feel confident in yourself it shows and it is attractive too.

All the advice here is sound.I can also see where Chamaeleus is coming from,that chant is for you,without conditions on how exactly you will be sociable,it might help.It is a form of self affirmation. [grin]

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Personally I would use magick.

MrBlack
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by MrBlack »

Niponic wrote:Can anyone recommend anything?

My neighbours hate me, i dont have friends (really!), i feel like a hermit! I know the main problem is that im not very sociable, im scared of people, im scared of everything lol. But even when i try to be friendly people seem to hate me without even knowing me. Everyone around me seems to be selective, i also feel like im being judged by what i look like [greensmile] ... And the people who are close to me seem to think im arrogant, but i dont think i am x(

Is there anything i could do to make people actually be friends with me, or maybe to become popular? Thanks xx
Well, it really depends on what kind of skill you have but magickal wise - you can invoke this planetary energies to you
to help out (do some sort of "cleansing" before you do any work on yourself) with whatever means you can do;

Mars - for confidence
Mercury - for communication, inner and outer.
Venus - for friendship
Jupiter - for success

P.S: You can also buy and read this book; How To Win Friends And Influence People By Dale Carnegie. Not magickal
advice but helpful. :)

dodaive
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by dodaive »

I am thinking you should change your focus to understanding people. Empathetic-driven action is what will get people to like you. Ask yourself what kinds of people would you want to be liked by. Empathy is a major component of magic.

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

Try making a sigil perhaps? I wouldn't make a sigil that will make people like you or make you improve, rather, I'd make a sigil to gain the understand of WHY its so difficult to make friends. If you're typically successful with mental magic this should give you the answers you're looking for better than any of us could.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

I ended up making friends at Donald Berman Up House here in Montreal. I guess it depends on how much time you have on your hands and how liberal you are in determining what you want in a friend. Spirits help a lot with this. I summoned about 20 of them, some of them found me. They just tell me where the friends are now. It took me a few months to get the right spirits...

Penelope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Penelope »

dodaive wrote:I am thinking you should change your focus to understanding people. Empathetic-driven action is what will get people to like you. Ask yourself what kinds of people would you want to be liked by. Empathy is a major component of magic.
That's exactly what I was going to say, dodaive beat me to it!

Empathy, empathy, empathy. Work on it and you'll open a whole new world of people-dom for yourself.
Your head's like mine, like all our heads; big enough to contain every god and devil there ever was. Big enough to hold the weight of oceans and the turning stars. Whole universes fit in there! But what do we choose to keep in this miraculous cabinet? Little broken things, sad trinkets that we play with over and over. The world turns our key and we play the same little tune again and again and we think that tunes are all we are.

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”