Spells for controlling a bad habit

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Spells for controlling a bad habit

Post by Muloc7253 »

Just as an example (I don't like giving out my real intent until I've already worked my magick, the less people that know I'm performing it the better) say for instance you drink quite a lot of alcohol, say you used to just drink on the weekends but then it crept into the week and you find yourself getting drunk 4-6 times a week. You can fight the urge if you really try but it takes all of your will and the temptation is so strong.

Now, lets say you didn't necessarily want to give up drinking, quit out right or anything, but just wanted to go back to enjoying it on the weekends. You don't want to dislike/hate it, you just want its temptation to leave you alone, turning the compulsion to an impulsion.

To make things easier, lets assume the habit I'm referring to doesn't involve any addictive chemicals like alcohol or nicotine, so theres no physical pull/dependency just mental. Maybe being addicted to the internet or sex might be better examples.

I have one good spell I might once I've used it (if it works of course), the imagery is very appealling to me, but I'm sure there must be others floating around if anybody has any good ones.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

Shaden
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Spells for controlling a bad habit

Post by Shaden »

Without knowing more about who you are or what habit you are trying to control, it's hard to tailor a spell specifically for your needs. I will attempt to give you something to start from that may work for you.

You'll need:
Several sheets of paper. A bunch of post-it notes work well for this.
A pen.
A note book/journal/log.
A small jar or cup (size depending on the habit).
A place you can burn things.

Take a post-it note and write down your habit. Then crumple it up and put it in the jar. Repeat this until the jar is full.
Remember and focus on your intent while doing this.

Now every time you are about to indulge in your habit, remove one piece from the jar and burn it. I recommend throwing out the ashes, but some like to bury them.

Perform said habit, then immediately after write down in your log book the date and time. It might also help to write down your thoughts and feelings.

By the time the jar is empty you will have your habit under control.

Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Spells for controlling a bad habit

Post by 420 »

Try doing the LBRP daily.
Free or drug free? America can't be both!

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”