The Galdr Invocation of IAO

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

I was on another forum recently where someone commented that the "Spell Sharing" forum should be renamed "Spell Begging," since that is what tends to happen. Noticing a similar pattern here on OF, I decided to share something that I have been working on for a while.

Now, most of the people on this forum will have seen IAO at some point in their studies, and may be familiar with its roots as a Greek Formulae. The "Greek Tetragammaton," specifically, since the Greeks favored a Three-Fold World over a Four-Fold World as in the Abrahamic Tradition. It is most famously described by Crowley as a transmutation formulae, via his Isis, Apophis, and Osiris description of "Life," "Death," and "Rebirth." Well, with all of this knowledge in my back pocket, yet focusing mostly on Rune Magick for my "Formulae" practice, I decided one day to translate IAO into a Runic Galdr so that it can be utilized as Isa, Ansuz, and Othala.

Then I had to figure out what to do with it. So, I constructed a meditation and a ritual from scratch and I started experimenting. Now I'm sharing what came out of this little project so far, so that others may benefit from it and perhaps take it further while I work more on other things for a while. Hopefully a few of our more experienced members here will be able to use these practice effectively, since it is a bit more advanced than my previous writing.

Prerequisites:

1) Meditation experience. In particular, the ability to relax the mind to a state of Center or Mental Silence, where there is a state of inner peace and the "monkey mind" is conquered. I describe how to do this effectively in Fundamental Development, and there are tons of other methods too.

2) Attunement to The Futhark Runes, particularly Isa, Ansuz, and Othala for this operation. It doesn't matter if you use Elder, Anglo-Saxon, Armanen, or whatever. All that's necessary is that you are attuned to the I, A, and O vibrations, and if you do not know what "Attunement" or "Activation" is then you need to work on your Runic Initiations a bit longer before you will enjoy the following exercises fully.

3) Ability to Vibrate a Formula mentally, energetically, and physically simultaneously. In short, a basic and complete Vibration in conventional Western occult style. If too few people understand how to perform a Complete Magical Vibration, let me know and I'll see if I can make a post on that too. It's very simple, it just takes a bit of skill to pull off. Like a roundhouse kick, practice makes perfect.

4) Basic understanding of the nature and effect of the IAO Formula. There are many symbolic explanations for IAO, but they all do the same essential thing. I'll try to offer a Runic explanation at the end of this, but prior knowledge of what IAO actually is and does will be useful, if only so that you will know if you actually want to practice these exercises or not.

1) Clear the mind to Mental Silence.

2) Take up your favorite meditation posture and breathe in a comfortable, but deep pattern until you are relaxed physically and you have no distractions.

3) Turn your Awareness entirely upon the I Rune, so that little else has room to exist in your mind. Inhale deeply, feeling the energy of the I Rune invoked into your entire being. Do not imagine anything. Once you have invoked the I Rune successfully, exhale slowly and vibrate the I sound for the entirety of your exhale. Feel the vibration exert itself upon your mind, your soul, and your body.

4) With the I Rune vibrated completely, turn your Awareness entirely upon the A Rune, so that little else has room to exist in your mind. Inhale deeply, feeling the A Rune invoked into your entire being. Do not imagine anything. Once you have invoked the A Rune successfully, exhale slowly and vibrate the A sound for the entirety of your exhale. Feel the vibration exert itself upon your mind, your soul, and your body.

5) With the A Rune vibrated completely, turn your Awareness entirely upon the O Rune, so that little else has room to exist in your mind. Inhale deeply, feeling the O Rune invoked into your entire being. Do not imagine anything. Once you have invoked the O Rune successfully, exhale slowly and vibrate the O sound for the entirety of your exhale. Feel the vibration exert itself upon your mind, your soul, and your body.

6) Repeat steps 3-5 up to nine times. Excessive practice is not useful, so do not push for quantity. Rather, work on making the quality of each vibration better in future sessions.

7) Once the nine repetitions are complete, sit and meditate on the feelings induced by the invocation for a while. Meditate on your spiritual nature, or just bask in the after-glow of this kind of spell work. How long is up to you. When you're finished meditating, Center your mind and Ground any excess buzz via exhale and return to other activities.

Benefits

I'm not yet sure what long term benefits are for this exercise, which is part of why I have decided to share it: feedback. I can note that upon completion of this meditation, I am usually left with strong feelings of ecstasy and similar feely-goods because it directly raises the vibrations of the users energy and consciousness - which is not as New Agey as it sounds, since vibration is a perfectly natural principle with higher and lower frequencies. So it has a very strong effect on consciousness and also tends to bring me back into a sense of equilibrium when I am "off" for some reason. I would like to hear what other effects pop up, should anyone decide to experiment with this meditation.

Notes

Do not visualize any specific tactile feelings or visual colors or movements, do not imagine anything at all. This is not a visualization exercise, and you do not need to imagine anything - imagination in fact hinders the work the spell is trying to do. Simply focus on the Rune and Vibrate the Sound. The Vibration will do all the work, so all you have to focus on is the Vibration. Not even what it means, just the Sound and its Vibration. This is why Mental Discipline is extremely important to Galdr practice. Working with vibration is extremely simple, and if your mind is active it will find a million ways to over complicate things and prevent the vibrations from doing their work. Do not imagine anything, do not think anything. Focus entirely on the sound and vibrations.

The Stadhagaldr Invocation of IAO

1) Clear the mind to Mental Silence.

2) Stand in the Stadhagaldr of Isa. Turn the mind to the Rune of Isa, observing Isa within and without. Microcosm and Macrocosm. Inhale slowly as Macrocosm enters Microcosm. Exhale slowly while vibrating Isa through the whole Being. When the breath and the vibration end, return the mind to Silence.

3) Raise the arms to the Stadhagaldr of Ansuz. Turn the mind to the Rune of Ansuz, observing Ansuz within and without. Microcosm and Macrocosm. Inhale slowly as Macrocosm enters Microcosm. Exhale slowly while vibrating Ansuz through the whole Being. When the breath and the vibration end, return the mind to Silence.

4) Raise the arms and place the palms together for the Stadhagaldr of Othala. Turn the mind to the Rune of Othala, observing Othala within and without. Microcosm and Macrocosm. Inhale slowly as Macrocosm enters Microcosm. Exhale slowly while vibrating Othala through the whole Being. When the breath and the vibration end, return the mind to Silence.

5) Keeping the hands together, bring them down to the solar plexus in a prayer position. Keep the mind in Silence. Inhale slowly, focusing only on the feelings that the previous vibrations have left you with. Exhale slowly, vibrating slowly the complete formula of IAO through the whole Being through one breath. As the breath and the vibration end, return the mind to Silence.

6) Lower the hands, returning to the Stadhagaldr of Isa. Keep the mind in Silence. Breathe casually and passively observe the effects of the complete operation. From here the entire operation may be repeated, but no more than nine times.

7) When the repetitions are done, stand in the Stadhagaldr or Isa and maintain Mental Silence. Meditate on your spiritual nature, or bask in the after-glow of the ritual, observing and taking note of how you feel or simply trance out and enjoying it. How long you meditate like this is up to you. Once you are finished, Center the mind and Ground out any excess buzz via exhale and return to other activities.

Benefits

The core benefits of this ritual are identical to the previous meditative form, though I have found that exercising the physical postures can make it easier to invoke the Runes and Vibrate them through the whole body. For those still getting the hang of this sort of work, then, this may be notable, and one may use the Stadhagaldr ritual as a preparation for the Meditation. It is easy enough to start with the easier physical ritual and move into the more meditative form as your skills advance.

Notes

As with the Meditation exercise, take note that this is not a visualization practice. The vibrations and energies involved in this are very objective, and you either have command of them or you don't. If you in fact do not, then refer to the prerequisites list and work on your training a bit more before you work with Galdr like this. Also, a notable alternative to this Stadhagaldr Ritual is to utilize the Hand Gestures, which come from the same Armanen source. Simply utilize the hand positions for the I, A and O Runes in sequence, and it will play out similarly to the Stadhagaldr. I did not feel the need to write this up as a third exercise partly because it is very close to the Stadhagaldr Ritual in structure, and also because I simply have done more work on the Stadhagaldr Ritual than the Hand Gestures. As one final note, the "within and without" instruction means that you should use the external expression of the posture to connect to the external energy of the Rune in Nature, so that you can feel and activate it internally. Your Mind, Soul, and Body should be all focused on the same thing: the Rune. For when you stand in Stadhagaldr properly, you are the Rune, and thus it is invoked.

Notes on The Runic IAO

Isa is often used as a freezing or binding energy, but the vibration of Isa is more than that. It is the vibration of Niflheim, the Womb-World from which all life spawned upon Muspelheim's giving warmth. Because of this, Isa's energy in this formulae takes on a role of "potential unrealized." It is a frozen, mostly static energy, but there is something in the ice that can be thawed out.

Ansuz is often called "Odin's Rune," or "The Rune of The Aesir," because it carries the vibration of higher spiritual authority and power. It is the vibration of Asgard, with all the gentle warmth and light and power that this entails. Because of this, Ansuz in this formulae plays the role of breaking loose Isa's potential, though not in a violent manner. Destruction, or "death" going by Crowley's interpretation of A, need not be violent and chaotic. It is simply a transition. The light and warmth of Ansuz can thus thaw out the "unrealized potential" found one's inner Isa, and not only free that energy up to flow, but also leave a distinct "spiritual" impression on that energy - to raise the potential found in Isa not only from the ice, but further up unto the Aesir.

Othala is often called the "Inheritance Rune." Whereas Fehu is a sort of wealth that is generated and created by one's own heart work, Othala is the wealth and luck and fortune of the ancestors passed down to you. Because of this, Othala carries the vibration of solidifying a work, but not in the sense of freezing and binding like Isa. Rather, it is a grounding force, a sealing force, an energy that says "although I have what I have from this source or that, I am in the here and now." This allows Othala to play the most important role in the Runic IAO. As Crowley considered the O to carry the vibration of "rebirth," so does it here, but not quite in a literal sense. Whereas Isa is the "unrealized potential," and Ansuz frees up the "unrealized potential" and raises its vibration towards The Aesir, Othala has the most important role of locking in that freed up "potential" so that "unrealized" becomes "realized," so that the potential that was freed up and raised up via Ansuz does not sink back down into the arms of Isa again.

When these are combined into the IAO formula, you thus have this effect: Isa invokes your unrealized potential and true spiritual nature, Ansuz thaws out Isa and raises up your unrealized potential closer to the surface, and Othala locks in the work done by Isa and Ansuz so that you will be closer to realizing your true potential.

Or in other words: Isa contains the inheritance, Ansuz unlocks the inheritance, and Othala receives the inheritance and makes it a permanent part of you.

Of all the Magick Formulae floating around out there, this is one of the most powerful, done via European Runes or not. There is a reason it has been around for thousands of years. There are of course many other formulae and many other experiments to be done, but this is an important part of my recent work. It is my hope that experienced readers of this take away not only a couple of practical exercises, but also an understanding of what it takes to construct a Galdr Spell either using personal formulae or other ancient spells like ALU. Dissect, study, learn, and experiment. Nothing is infallible, least of all me and my experiments, so I encourage further experimentation on the subject so that more learning can be gained and spread.

I would ask, however, that if any of you do give the exercises a go as they are, feedback would be much appreciated. They may not be infallible, but a great deal of work did go into their construction, and I am sharing this freely as a blessing to be received where it may.

~:Shin:~

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The Galdr Invocation of IAO

Post by corvidus »

Interesting work Shinichi. Just the mental contemplation of this technique has started me spinning ;)
When I have time I'll try out the full invocation. Thanks for sharing!
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

RaineAshford
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RaineAshford »

3) Ability to Vibrate a Formula mentally, energetically, and physically simultaneously. In short, a basic and complete Vibration in conventional Western occult style. If too few people understand how to perform a Complete Magical Vibration, let me know and I'll see if I can make a post on that too. It's very simple, it just takes a bit of skill to pull off. Like a roundhouse kick, practice makes perfect.

Do you have any tips on this? I have a suppression aura cast by a Greater Demon to prevent me from using magick and I've tried casting it off, folding space and casting omnipresently a counter/block spell, and surrounding myself with an allowance aura but nothing can get through the suppression. I need to vibrate and formulate mathmatical equations/formula.

Maybe you know how to get rid of it for me?

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

I don't think it matters what's hanging about. All of this comes from the inside, out.

RaineAshford
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RaineAshford »

corvidus wrote:I don't think it matters what's hanging about. All of this comes from the inside, out.
It made the inside of my body hollow. I've been thinking without a brain for 2 years now. I'm using magick to sustain my life. Basically I'm a zombie.

Ušušur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ušušur »

Shinichi wrote:
In aikido, we're working with Ki and there's one practice very similar to this. Standing still, there's a deep inhale and then exhaling 'AAAAA' but it mustn't be from the throat, while pushing the hands slowly.
It's important to include entire body into it, and there's little room left for thinking about anything as the movements of the body and mind is focused on this. If done properly, during this practice there's this sense of head getting empty... it's also hard to hold your eyes open. There's usually a sense of deep relaxation after this practice. It's hard to explain. We work with other vowels as well, combined with various body movement techniques.

Does that means Vibrating?

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

corvidus wrote:Interesting work Shinichi. Just the mental contemplation of this technique has started me spinning ;)
When I have time I'll try out the full invocation. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you. :) I look forward to hearing about what you experience from it.
RaineAshford wrote:Do you have any tips on this? I have a suppression aura cast by a Greater Demon to prevent me from using magick and I've tried casting it off, folding space and casting omnipresently a counter/block spell, and surrounding myself with an allowance aura but nothing can get through the suppression. I need to vibrate and formulate mathmatical equations/formula.
I'll probably go ahead and write up my own instructions for it, but in the mean time, I highly recommend this essay. It's one of the clearest and most informative writings I've found on Magical Vibration.
RaineAshford wrote:Maybe you know how to get rid of it for me?
Yes. Stop letting your own thoughtforms and imagination mess you up.

Turn your Awareness deep inside yourself and go deep into the core of your consciousness, that deep Inner Space where nothing but you can go. From there, forcefully expand outward, pushing back all things and claiming yourself as your own Sacred Space - doesn't matter if it's a thoughtform or something else, just push outward. Everything, like building a shield. Once you're back to the surface and you've pushed the world back, vibrate IAO through your entire being to fortify your aura and, done correctly and with repetition, you will find yourself stronger. One of the effects of IAO (runic or otherwise) is that it balances and fortifies your energies, which means your body and soul's natural defenses become better.
Ušušur wrote:In aikido, we're working with Ki and there's one practice very similar to this. Standing still, there's a deep inhale and then exhaling 'AAAAA' but it mustn't be from the throat, while pushing the hands slowly.
It's important to include entire body into it, and there's little room left for thinking about anything as the movements of the body and mind is focused on this. If done properly, during this practice there's this sense of head getting empty... it's also hard to hold your eyes open. There's usually a sense of deep relaxation after this practice. It's hard to explain. We work with other vowels as well, combined with various body movement techniques.

Does that means Vibrating?
That sounds like an exercise from Kotodama, and if you're studying Aikido you may find it beneficial to study Ueshiba and his spiritual-magical influences. Yes, that is Magical Vibration.

Let it come from the hara, as if you were singing or speaking loud and with power.

EDIT:

Also, I realized I failed to make note of IAO's correct pronunciation. Most here probably already know, but the I here is a Greek and Norse sound, meaning its pronounced "Ee" and not "Ay" like in English.

So IAO is Ee, Ah, Oh.

In case anyone needed that bit of information.

asterik
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by asterik »

Yes. Stop letting your own thoughtforms and imagination mess you up.

Turn your Awareness deep inside yourself and go deep into the core of your consciousness, that deep Inner Space where nothing but you can go. From there, forcefully expand outward, pushing back all things and claiming yourself as your own Sacred Space - doesn't matter if it's a thoughtform or something else, just push outward. Everything, like building a shield. Once you're back to the surface and you've pushed
Thank-You for sharing, Shin. Quiet correct in many parts.

RoseRed
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RoseRed »

I have a suppression aura cast by a Greater Demon to prevent me from using magick and I've tried casting it off, folding space and casting omnipresently a counter/block spell, and surrounding myself with an allowance aura but nothing can get through the suppression.[/quote]

I seriously doubt it's a greater demon.

Or is that the only entity that can zombify and suppress ur natural talent has to be some big had ass?
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

RaineAshford wrote:
corvidus wrote:I don't think it matters what's hanging about. All of this comes from the inside, out.
It made the inside of my body hollow. I've been thinking without a brain for 2 years now. I'm using magick to sustain my life. Basically I'm a zombie.
Go to any doctor, ask him if that is true. If it is, please scan your diagnosis and upload it in the internet previously deleting your personal informations. Then your popularity will rise as bamboo and believe me, they grow very fast!. [thumbup]

---

AT: I am not so good with Runes, still your work Shin looks profesional. It somewhat resembles my mother charts about her practice in yoga.

Praise Teh Sun [cool]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

RaineAshford
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RaineAshford »

Maya The Generator wrote:
RaineAshford wrote:
Go to any doctor, ask him if that is true. If it is, please scan your diagnosis and upload it in the internet previously deleting your personal informations. Then your popularity will rise as bamboo and believe me, they grow very fast!. [thumbup]

---

AT: I am not so good with Runes, still your work Shin looks profesional. It somewhat resembles my mother charts about her practice in yoga.

Praise Teh Sun [cool]
Energy Hollow, not flesh hollow.

Besides Greater Demons can do almost anything, they bend physics to their whims to play pranks on people and Gods. They prank the Gods and do evil unto them. It isn't hard for them to hollow out my aura and make it so I couldn't apply aura to the electricity in my brain that I was using to think with any more.

(Sorry if this is above everybody, but I'm here for the most advanced Magick Users. Those that can do things like fly and cast fire with their finger.)

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

(Sorry if this is above everybody, but I'm here for the most advanced Magick Users. Those that can do things like fly and cast fire with their finger.)
Then you search for master of prestidigitation...
Besides Greater Demons can do almost anything, they bend physics to their whims to play pranks on people and Gods. They prank the Gods and do evil unto them. It isn't hard for them to hollow out my aura and make it so I couldn't apply aura to the electricity in my brain that I was using to think with any more.
If they are so omnipotent, how do you resist? You are greater than Gods? Then why not stronger than Greater Demons?
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

RaineAshford wrote:Energy Hollow, not flesh hollow.
Anyone with even a small degree of sensitivity can and will tell you that you are not "energy hollow." You actually have plenty of energy, it's just scattered and useless to you because your mind is scattered and imbalanced, and energy follows mind. Heal your mind and you will heal your magick.

And as someone who works with a couple of Greater Spirits every now and then, I assure you that they have better things to do than mess with you, Raine. The only thing suppressing you is you. Either figure out how to climb out of the rabbit hole yourself, or get medical help. Crazy is not a good look on you.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Shinichi wrote:
RaineAshford wrote:Energy Hollow, not flesh hollow.
Anyone with even a small degree of sensitivity can and will tell you that you are not "energy hollow." You actually have plenty of energy, it's just scattered and useless to you because your mind is scattered and imbalanced, and energy follows mind. Heal your mind and you will heal your magick.

And as someone who works with a couple of Greater Spirits every now and then, I assure you that they have better things to do than mess with you, Raine. The only thing suppressing you is you. Either figure out how to climb out of the rabbit hole yourself, or get medical help. Crazy is not a good look on you.

Please Reine, he is right. I think actually a lot of people here is concerned about your health.

Crazy is not good look on you, indeed...

Praise Teh Sun [blush]

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

E.
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by E. »

Shin thank you for such a detailed wonderful exercise that you have put together! I think if many people who browse this forum in search for some outward magic solution will practice what you have put together many will empower themselves.

A few months ago I remember posting on here because my personality was becoming out of control. I've since been disciplined but I can use a little bit more.

I think this exercise will definitely give me the boost I need I just need to make the time which will be this coming Monday. I've been so consumed with work that I barely have me time but I'm not complaining ;D I'll will definitely give you my feedback.

With much appreciation,
E.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

I haven't read everything here yet, so it may have been mentioned.

Do you (Shin) have any recommendations on books to get started using Runes in practice? I have a basic understanding of them, but I've literally never used them once, and I have no particular affinity towards them, but I'd like to broaden my horizons, and actually be able to understand your spell here.

Any books that have a good mix of theory and practice are preferred, but whatever you've worked through that you recommend, I'll read.

Can't really believe I missed this thread until now..
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

ErebusNamtar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ErebusNamtar »

+1 would love to hear recommendations for books. I do cat runes but I find I'm somewhat rattling along. It works but I'm not getting the full experience so to speak. It's like drinking fine wine with water added.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

Book recommendations really depends on what exactly you want to do, because there's more than one set. The four primary rune systems are the Elder and Younger Norse, the Anglo-Saxon, and the Armanen. A major difficulty with the first three is the fact that very little genuine Lore has survived, and in the case of the Elder, there is no original Lore at all - almost everything you find about the Elder Futhark in modern books is a modern invention, the result of the authors personal gnosis from meditating and studying. And a major difficulty most have with the Armanen is that it was formed in the early 20th century, by Guido von List. On the one hand it is a complete system with full Lore accompanying it, but on the other hand, many people criticize it because it's "new." I can, from personal experience, say that the Armanen is just as genuine as the older sets if you practice it correctly.

For an academic introduction, I was recently introduced to Runes: Reading The Past by R.I. Page. It's a scholarly text and I haven't finished it yet, but it should be insightful for those willing to study this tradition seriously. The books by Edred Thorsson/Stephen Flowers is generally good, if you keep in mind that he is heavily influenced by his Hermetic/Chaos Magick training. Still, there is much to learn in Futhark: A Handbook of Rune Magic, Rune-Magic, Northern Magic, ALU I found somewhat interesting and the Nine Doors of Midgard (while I could criticize it) is decent to read through for training ideas, but unless you wish to join the Order that Thorsson runs you don't need to take it too seriously. Helrunar by Jan Fries is just as unscholarly as Reading The Past is, but it has some nice insights. If you wish to study the Armanen seriously: The Secret of The Runes by Guido von List, the Daniel Updike videos (I don't agree with everything he says, but he's an Elder with much wisdom), the work of Karl Hans Welz, and this. If you want to dig into fiction, I also recommend the Way of Wyrd by Brian Bates, just because it's awesome.

Also, Bardon's third book. There are two main things to take issue with here. 1) Bardon's prerequisite of finishing the IIH up to Step 8, or the equivalent in another system. 2) Bardon works with the Hebrew Runes, hence "True Kabbalah." However, many of the principles are the same, and Bardon even gives many Formulae (spells) that are translatable into the Rune Sets, though that takes a bit of work for some. It is an excellent text to study, and gives much insight into what Galdr/Kabbalah is.

And, don't forget, read the Eddas! Much is mentioned in the old Lore, about how to use the Runes if not much about them specifically. You can also study other tales where Incantation is used to get ideas of how to use the Runes, because this is an ancient form of magic. As important as it is to study the Runes, you also have to remember that they come from a specific worldview that is very different from the Industrial World. You need to learn what Wyrd/Urd's Well (what Odin gazed into for 9 days and nights) is and its relation to the Runes. You need to understand Orlog/Karma, and the Sisters who weave it into the Web of Wyrd. You need to understand vibration, and Odr, and Ond, and much else. Galdr, the Runes - it is so, soooo much more than sigil magic and divination. The deeper you dig, the more you push your initiation, the more you will be able to do with these sacred sounds.

ARA-HARI ALU FLU USTE!

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Soooo much.

My many gratitudes. I'll be reading for weeks.

I hope this leads to some good breakthroughs in my practice. I'm looking forward to what I can accomplish.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

That's what you get, asking a Scribe for book references. [rofl]

ErebusNamtar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ErebusNamtar »

Much appreciated Shinichi! I'm a bookworm so no worries there. I was born into this world with a book-list in my hands. [lol]
I already own the von List one you mentioned but he's very well known so that's not surprising. Great stuff.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

So it's been about a month since I worked with the IAO formula, but here are the most noticeable results.

I practiced this for only a week, once or twice a day. I noticed a significant boost to my creativity and how I express it. I started drawing more, which I've been wanting to do but haven't ever made the time. Basically, for the first week after practicing the IAO, my desire to create art increased significantly.

Here's one outcome of the IAO:

After this, I projected it onto my little brother with no real intention in mind. Within one day, he paid me back some money he owed me (only $50, but it was unexpected) and joined me and my friend's at an arts gathering. Not something he would ordinarily do.

That's all I've noticed for now, if anything else comes up that seems relevant, I'll post it up.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

That's good art work.
I can see all sorts of bizarre things in the background when I stare at it, which is kinda cool.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

WillowDarkWytch
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by WillowDarkWytch »

Motumbá Àse!

Shin! I didn't see this work before! It looks amazing!! I'll be trying it [thumbup]

Saravá,
Idansinají
"Kosi Ewe Kosi Orìṣà"
- Yoruba Tradition

"Water which is too pure has no fish"
- form the Ts'ai Ken T'an

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments..."
- Dion Fortune

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”