On hexes

nessuno
Forum Member
Forum Member

On hexes

Post by nessuno »

I'd like to know more about the philosophy behind hexes...

So... a person gets some of your clothes, hair, body fluids, etc and makes a doll or uses a ritual to send demonic spirits after you, right? How do you break the link? Are you supposed to break into this person's place and retrieve the link he/she used to curse you or you just place defenses at your home trying to rebound its effects to the caster?

I know of a case in my area where a neighbour's pure envy and hatred started to affect one of my relative's mind (so I've been told). Is that even possible?

As you can see, what I just exposed is pretty basic and I'm not sure of its accuracy... If you found yourself in this situation or know a lot about counter-magic I'd appreciate your message, either here or on PM.

Thanks! [thumbup]
"Τί δύσκολον; Τὸ ἑαυτὸν γνῶναι"

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: On hexes

Post by Shinichi »

The important part of forming a curse or hex is establishing a link to the target. Using a physical possession of the target is the easiest way to create that link, but those more talented in nonphysical skills like energy work, clairvoyance, spiritual travel or what have you - it's very easy to create a nonphysical link as well, given these nonphysical skills. It can be as easy as saying their name and directing the spell, spirit or force in their direction. Personally, I don't even need their name. [yay]

As for defense, read Protection and Reversal Magick by Jason Miller. He'll cover most bases for you.

~:Shin:~

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

nessuno wrote:
How do you break the link?
You do an uncrossing ritual and then you move on.
Are you supposed to break into this person's place and retrieve the link he/she used to curse you or you just place defenses at your home trying to rebound its effects to the caster?
The curse has already been cast, there is nothing you can do about it now. That is just on those things we need to accept, forgive and move on.
I know of a case in my area where a neighbour's pure envy and hatred started to affect one of my relative's mind (so I've been told). Is that even possible?
Yes.
As you can see, what I just exposed is pretty basic and I'm not sure of its accuracy... If you found yourself in this situation or know a lot about counter-magic I'd appreciate your message, either here or on PM.
I too recommend millers book, it's very easy to read, cheap and easy to find.

nessuno
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by nessuno »

Thanks!
"Τί δύσκολον; Τὸ ἑαυτὸν γνῶναι"

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”