I need help with learning the occult.

neckrow
Forum Member
Forum Member

I need help with learning the occult.

Post by neckrow »

Hi, so I recently uploaded a post regarding a question (How do I summon a demon) and the replies got me thinking, I need to learn more about the Occult first. So I was thinking, if anyone would be so kind, like message me or something and teach me the basics or something?

SerafinTronu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: I need help with learning the occult.

Post by SerafinTronu »

At the very beginning you start reading forum.

Much persons here he writes and draws attention to the essential titles in ceremonial magic to summon the Fallen Angels or demons.

If you want to summone somebody you must:

feel the energy,
see energy
feel Spirits
see spirits,
hear Spirits.

These are the basics, one of the most important.

Without these skills you can forget about evocation anyone.

findingtruth
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by findingtruth »

Hi there,

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 57&t=37025

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... =2&t=39045

Here's some posts to get you started (gotten from Desecrated's signature). The first thing to do with anything in the occult is start reading books. This site is full of book suggestions on almost any topic you want. It might take time, but if you want to see results (in a safe way) it's worth it to put effort into reading and building fundamentals.

Start meditating, start working on yourself spiritually. You'll begin to see what other steps need to be taken before having a successful ritual.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

We have a learning tools and resources folder that is chockablock full of excellent materials. Istrongly recommend dipping into it.

I have several pinned topics there which get updated regularly, all with with beginner friendly material and all links/ info posts are free to use and read from...

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=57
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

As everyone said, read, learn, go through things here, yadda yadda yadda.

Ofcourse I'll also chime in and ask you (and I want you to seriously think and ponder on this), what speaks to you and feels right to you for how a system of magic should be? Is it like taking ingredients and mixing them together to get a result? Is it doing certain things in a certain way? Doing a specific formula? Saying certain words over certain items and symbols? Using you mind to gather and bend energies to accomplish things?
There's no clear set answers, and those are just some examples, but figuring this out and letting us know will greatly help us in order to direct you to what will be most effective for you.
Just know that there will be alot of work still in each path, just that it will go better for you if it's something that fits you.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

neckrow
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by neckrow »

Caerdon wrote: what speaks to you and feels right to you for how a system of magic should be? Is it like taking ingredients and mixing them together to get a result? Is it doing certain things in a certain way? Doing a specific formula? Saying certain words over certain items and symbols? Using you mind to gather and bend energies to accomplish things?
I feel like all of the above. I myself personally prefer saying certain words over certain items and symbols, and mixing stuff is also a very good option, but finding ingredients can be a drag.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

neckrow wrote:
Caerdon wrote: what speaks to you and feels right to you for how a system of magic should be? Is it like taking ingredients and mixing them together to get a result? Is it doing certain things in a certain way? Doing a specific formula? Saying certain words over certain items and symbols? Using you mind to gather and bend energies to accomplish things?
I feel like all of the above. I myself personally prefer saying certain words over certain items and symbols, and mixing stuff is also a very good option, but finding ingredients can be a drag.
Hmm, to me it sounds like you'd probably fair quite well looking into Ritual Magick then. It's listed under Ceremonial Magic in the Paradigms section (http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=8) and is a good place to look into for starting to build yourself a foundation. It looks like it can get to be extremely technical though the longer you stick with it though, so once you get a solid foundation you can look into expanding into Chaos Magick if it's not your thing. But really a foundation is a must for anything, and chaos magic shouldn't be undertaken without a basic foundation and knowledge of magickal theory and practice... mainly because it requires the understanding of certain aspects before it really becomes effective ;D

As for books... there's been alot of suggestions already given, and I wouldn't really have any personal recommendations for someone starting out as I didn't start reading any books on magic until well into my own personal development and workings as the magic described in the books available that I found didn't match the way that I worked magick at the time. ::)
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”