Real Magic Tattoos

Dr Strange Stuff
Forum Member
Forum Member

Real Magic Tattoos

Post by Dr Strange Stuff »

Hey all! I am interested in finding a source of information about magical tattoos. I am not looking for a "what do your tattoos mean to you." I am looking for practical applications of magic with tattoos as either a catalyst or some type of binding agent.
Example: Doing a spell on someone while they are getting the tattoo for good luck, while the angelic word for good luck is being tattooed on them.
Maybe enchanting the vial of ink for a long amount of time before actually getting the tattoo.
Maybe getting the tattoo while doing a spell and binding the spell to the person.
I have heard of enchanting items, why not enchant our bodies? We can lose the items much easier than we can lose our bodies (other than dying, that's pretty easy)
While some people seem to have the stance that "you have to be a believer in this paradigm to get the effects", I believe in all paradigms. If johnny my neighbor can do hoodoo with results, hoodoo is real.
If Gertrude, my other neighbor can do celestial magic and get results, celestial magic is real. I am looking for anything from any paradigm or system that might have anything to do with tattoos having actual magical properties.

Again, I keep on hearing "magic can't do that." Magic is reality bending to our will, and I'm sure I'm not the first person wanting this.
Also, if you prefer to not share this information over public chat, feel free to PM me the information. I only care about secrecy when others care about secrecy, and I will honor another person's will.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Real Magic Tattoos

Post by RockDemon »

I cannot remember the sources but here is what comes to my mind about the topic. You can just tattoo on yourself sigils or just even words. Simple plain sentences. Since they are always with you, on you therefore they always affect you. So you need to be very careful with that. For instance if one gets a tattoo "Highway to Hell" it means whatever he does, wherever he goes is on his way to the Hell. I hope this helps.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

The subject it touched on here:

http://www.scholarsage.com/daoist-talis ... %E7%AC%A6/

There is also this interview:

http://www.scholarsage.com/interview-wi ... -mitchell/

Specifically, I believe it is in this interview that he mentions groups he had encountered in Asia who tattoo'd themselves to form connections with spirits for the purpose of enhancing their martial prowess. I'm not 100% certain it's the right interview, since it's rather long and I don't have time to go through it again, but I remember him discussing it and couldn't find it in any of the other interviews he's done, or any of my copies of his books. Even if it's the wrong interview, it's worth watching anyway, since it's quite a fascinating glimpse into some of the more esoteric forms of Daoism.

Beyond that, I imagine it's the kind of thing you'd want to be very careful with, since tattooing is, after all, more or less permanent. You'd want to be damn certain of what you're doing, and preferably doing it under the guidance of an experienced master.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

There are traditions of specially making tattoo ink and stuff in places like Asia, and the Maori in New Zealand have special tattoos.

But mostly, for things like runes and sigils, you usually don't need special ink or a special technique because the power is innate to the symbol itself. So as long as you get a decent artist who can ink on the symbol properly, you'll have a magical symbol on your body and you'll be able to charge it and use it just as you would any other sigil, rune or whatever.

Just don't jump into it lightly. You don't want to tattoo a bunch of symbols on you that forever tie you to gods or demons that you don't want long lasting relationship with, or some servitor or minor spell that you'll outgrow in a few years and be stuck with anyway.

~:Shin:~

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

http://www.occultforum.org/forum/viewto ... 48#p461548

Here's a link to just one of the many thread we have here on tattooing and magickal tattooing, opinions vary greatly, but the above has one of my own bits of advice in it and it was near the top of the list, so here we are.

I may post some more in a bit, but if you put the term 'magickal tattoos' or 'magickal tattooing' into the search bar you may find something that interests you in the older threads too. I spell magick with a k, but plugging in magic without the k will also get results and 'ritual tattooing' or similar should also bring up other results.

I have found my own tatts to be very useful over the years, but you should think carefully before inking magickally, as it can be problematic and we've had a fair few folk come here with occult problems related to their tattoos. Research carefully/ decide well.

More later.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Tiehirion
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Tiehirion »

The majority of my tattoos are magickal in nature, usually to encapsulate a specific effect. I go into an altered state during the session and use the energy, vibration and pain of the process to power the working. I've found some pretty cooperative tattoo artists in my time. I don't see any reason why the practice wouldn't be easily modified to any framework.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

This reminds me of when I was a kid. I had this Native American friend(we were like 8 or 9 years old), and he used to mix up this "ink" made of ashes and milk. I suppose the ashes could be from anything, perhaps allowing for a degree of versatility with regard to Magick. Anyways, the applicator was just a needle with some thread wrapped at the end. I myself have never gotten any tattoos, and don't recall how well this procedure worked, but the other thing I do remember is that we would sneak down into his cellar and do it in secrecy. [shh]

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”