How long does a herbal spell last?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

How long does a herbal spell last?

Post by Desecrated »

This is a weird little question, but I just realized that I've never seen an answer to it.
If I use herbs and plants to make a spell, let say something like some extra protection in the windowframe, how long does it last?
Until the plants aren't fresh anymore? Dried plants last for years but loose their smell after a couple of months.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: How long does a herbal spell last?

Post by CCoburn »

I haven't looked into this extensively, but have thought about it briefly a couple times. It seems like the most active property here are the frequencies. The fragrance is the end result. Just like color is the end result of refracting light waves, but more important are the frequencies(energy) that propagate around the source. being either resonant or dissonant depending on the application, or intent.

So it seems as the fragrance fades so do the propagating frequencies diminishing the overall effectiveness.

But you still have the frequencies generated by the color of the object, but even colors fades over time, and this property would be secondary(for this) and less effective than the fragrance aspect anyways, and most likely arbitrary.

Just a theory based on very little research, but it fits with how other Ritual elements work. IMO.

There may also be other explanations that don't have anything to do with frequency/energy.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Not a bad theory at all. I'll look into that further.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by violetstar »

The herbs link the specific Desire,to the Intent which is driven by the Will.When the herbs begin to wither and die and the Desire has waned the Intent will
still be driven by the Will until it reaches its destination.
In this particular instance depending on the strength of the initial Desire is usually the effect should be immediate.The duration of its protection should endure indefinitely.As always the key is to forget the spell once in place and removal of the dead herbs will help to accomplish that.
Even though no visible sign of the spell remains it will remain active as the Intent has now manifested.
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Don't have too much experience with herbal spells... but, from my limited experience, it's, like so many things with magick, a combination of things that determine it's potency and duration. Quality/freshness is one, as well as the energy and will you put into it in not only the casting of the spell, but the preparations and gathering of the herbs itself. You'll get alot better results if you grow and gather them yourself with the intent of using them in magick.
I generally make extracts from the herbs that I use in spells, though I just started using them in the past few months, but the extract gives a very strong initial effect, and leaves a lingering effect that lasts from either a few days to a few weeks... though I believe I can make it last longer and hold a stronger potency by better utilizing preparation techniques.
The smell I find doesn't do anything for how long it lasts. I should mention though that what I'm using the herbal extracts for is for cleansing spells rather than protection or such.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

I don't know the answer but can we take a guess?

I'm sure someone here has the answe you're looking for, I promise, just gotta be patient. n_n

My two cents:
|
All objects emit electromagnetic radiation continuously. All objects emit electromagnetic radiation continuously. ... A blackbody is considered to be perfect absorber and emitter of energy (everything it absorbs it will emit back, with no energy lost).
|
In the bible jesus talked to a fruit bush or w/e and commanded it to wither because it didn't bear any fruit.

I think that jesus learned how to utilize the gnosis trance to increase his awareness of reality and its energy and frequencies and vibrations and used his heart to produce the e.m. language that made the plant wither.

So, my guess is that you should try accessing the gnosis trance - similar imo to being lucid within a dream - and then begin believing and chanting your defense spell while connecting with the herbs you so wish to use.

*remember that REPETITION is the key. If nature has habits and requires habits to form new life forms etc - then REPETITION mist be one of the keys to this*

Every now and then when you walk by it - your defense herb spell - try connecting with it again and feel the energy you put into it, if you feel that it is low, fall into the gnosis trance again and restart the spell to replenish.

If the herb itself is obeying the "laws" of nature towards withering away because of lack of an energy source, replace the herb - or better yet have a mini tree or plant - so that way your spell will always have the same energy as long the plant or tree gets energy from God's Soul/the sun in our sky. ~

Kudos.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”