Clarification: Liber Null & Psychonaut

spookybitch420
Forum Member
Forum Member

Clarification: Liber Null & Psychonaut

Post by spookybitch420 »

Hello everyone

I am relatively new to occultist studies and am reading Liber Null & Psychonaut.
On page 36, a brief introduction on evocation, it lists types of entities; they're a few I couldn't find much/any information on and would appreciate some clearing up...

bud-wills: really couldn't find anything
automata: machine humanoid?
atavisms: could only find a science relevant definition

ALSO, this page states "Although such beings customarily have their origin in the mind, they may be budded off and attached to objects and places in the form of ghosts, spirits, or "vibrations," or may exert action at a distance in the form of fetishes , familiars, or poltergeists." (Peter J. Carroll).

What does he mean by fetishes? The manifestation of fetishes in the human mind is caused by entities?

Thank you for you help in advance and I am looking forward to my future studies! >:D

fraterai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Clarification: Liber Null & Psychonaut

Post by fraterai »

they are just using fancy terms.

bud-wills - meaning the budding of the will, someone will'd so hard that a thought form was created

automata - this term is usually used to describe things like astral bugs or obsessions that are created subconsciously

atavism - this one can mean a few different things, but usually describes the practice of a modern culture taking on old practices or customs, which is common for occultists. So they mean old gods or primordial forces, or maybe very ancient ancestors or beasts.

fetishes - any kind of housing for a spirit or power, like a talisman, doll, weapon, statue. It is a magical object but usually implies some type of sympathetic magic.
Only right reflection and right meditation can free you - Ananda Metteya

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”