Did I summon somthing?

battyboy12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Did I summon somthing?

Post by battyboy12 »

Let me begin by just say that I'm a novice magickal practitioner. I'm just a 24-year old college student with an interest in the occult. I mostly practice divination.

I practiced the Enochian meditation as described by Dr. John DeSalvo's book "The Lost Art of Enochian Magic" a few months ago at my apartment. I think I may have done something unexpected. I actually have done this ritual several times before this particular time with no real effect. I also must point out on the first few times I did this ritual, I think I butchered the pronunciations on the calls.

Anyways, the one time I did the meditation I think something happened. I was alone in my apartment at night. I recited the calls but after a few seconds upon finishing, I felt as if I had failed again and decided to go to bed. I put out the candles and went to bed but couldn't get to sleep. I was in bed with my eyes closed for about three to five minutes and then I opened them. That was when I noticed something.

I saw a moving orb of faint grayish, white light on the wall. This was at night, pitch black and the windows were closed with the blinds closed as well. The orb did not look or move like a car light or any light I've seen, but seemed to move slowly in a non-ordered, non-mechanical way, like random {it moved up, down and side to side in no structured order}. I watched it for a while but didn't really do anything else. I can't remember how long it stayed around. After it left, I turned on the lights and went on about my night.

I do not know what this circle of light was or even if it was connected with my magick. Maybe it was a fluke, maybe it was a perfectly mundane light or something else, but I want to know what anyone here thinks what I may have been and what I should do about my magickal practices in the future.

I have not done the Enochian meditation since but should I continue in the future? I've moved out of the apartment and into a new house since. Should I continue the Enochian meditation? What can I do to make my Enochian evocation/meditation more effective?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Did I summon somthing?

Post by Desecrated »

You should probably listen to this, they talk about some of the things you brought up.

battyboy12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by battyboy12 »

Fascinating talk. Thank you though I'm still not sure if what I saw was truly supernatural.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

battyboy12 wrote:Fascinating talk. Thank you though I'm still not sure if what I saw was truly supernatural.
Good. Keep that skepticism. Explore the subject further. Repeat the process.

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

I've heard more stories of Enochian Magic ruining people's lives than any other forum of magic. More than the Goetic demons, for sure. It has a reputation of being dangerous for experienced occultists, including the people who discovered it. One of the first folks I met on this forum had a bad experience with Enochian as a kid. He couldn't control the beings and they killed his dog. If you google it you'll find plenty of warnings to not toy around with Enochian. Here's just one,

https://hermetic.com/stavish/interviews/dolores

So, since you describe yourself as a beginner, I wholeheartedly recommend that you no longer work with Enochian magic.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

battyboy12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by battyboy12 »

Any recommendations of systems of magick for beginners then?

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I would familiarize first with the qabalistic cross and LBRP, middle pillar, then greater ritual of the pentagram after practicing LBRP and MP for a while. Start slowly with ceremonial magic basics, this will give you a foundation for later working with other more advanced stuff. Lon Milo DuQuette has a good book about the rituals of Crowley which outline all the aforementioned besides middle pillar. Regardie has written extensively about how to practice the middle pillar. Don't jump into the ocean before you put on your bathing suit.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

battyboy12 wrote:Any recommendations of systems of magick for beginners then?
Why do you want to practice magic?
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

First, and this is just a pet peeve of mine for accuracy for lables, you are a beginner not yet a novice. The difference between the two is a novice has learned the basics and started in on the path that they want to basically "specialize" into, whereas a beginner is still learning the basics while "testing the waters", so to speak.
Again, that is just more for my sake than anyone elses as it's important to me, not necessarily to you, so you can totally ignore that if you so please [thumbup]

Now, onto the actual topic, it would be nice to know what you where trying to summon, and why, or atleast give the ritual that you where performing as to get better and more accurate responses.

As for the light, can you describe it in more detail? Like, was it like someone was shining a very weak flashlight onto it, was the orb 3 dimensional, did it change size or fluctuate in shape at all...?
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

battyboy12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by battyboy12 »

Thanks for clarifying the terminology.

The ritual was just one of the Enochian calls. I can't remember which one but I'll look to my journal and get it. I sat in a dark room {my bedroom} with a white candle, recited the call and meditated. This was explained and guided in the book I was using.

As for the orb, it was like a ball of smokey haze on the wall, sort of like a flashlight on a wall but weaker. The core seemed solid but it fringed around the edges, like it had several short, finger-like appendages. The orb seemed to be white or grey in color, against the blackness of the room. I guess the best way I can put it is that it was like an erratically moving illuminated image in a dark room.
Last edited by battyboy12 on Sun May 07, 2017 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

battyboy12
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by battyboy12 »

Frumens wrote:

Mostly for knowledge and spiritual growth. Nothing really in terms of material gain.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

That is a damn good list, man.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

battyboy12 wrote:
Frumens wrote:

Mostly for knowledge and spiritual growth. Nothing really in terms of material gain.
In addition to Desecrated's booklist, I'd recommend www.quareia.com.

Modern Magic by Donald Michael Craig is a gentle beginning to ceremonial magic with lots of outward ritual. Initiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon is a serious meditation routine without much ritual work. Quareia is sort of inbetween, but because the course was made so recently, the author is still alive, and the community has a more collaborative feeling to it.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”