Curses and Hexes... oh my!

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Curses and Hexes... oh my!

Post by AbraxianChaos »

So... without giving away too much information... my family and I are moving. We live(d) in a double shotgun house which was occupied on the other side by a semi-famous foreign horror movie actress. She gave us a sob story about being afraid of getting evicted because of her roommate (with is another story altogether). Anyhow, we tried to do the right thing and allowed her to begin to move in while we were in the process of fully moving out. In hindsight, that was a huge mistake.

The first thing she did, after assuring us that she wouldn't touch our stuff, was go through some of the boxes we had packed up and removed some items and tried to squirrel them away. I caught her, but I didn't let on that I knew. I just simply took my stuff back. Over the next few days more things began to disappear. Most of them were inconsequential, but today, I realized that she had stolen a family heirloom shotgun that cannot be replaced.

One thing I hate is people who steal, particularly when its from people who have bent over backwards to help you.I am both hurt and full of rage over this. She does not know that I know... yet... and is trying to be super nice... which makes me even more angry.

I shoulda saw it coming... I drew Justice reversed the last time I did a tarot reflection.

My question is... does anyone know of a little curse/hex that I could use to bring a little justice to the situation? Nothing too heavy, but heavy enough that she knows she's been messed with.

Death or serious illness is out, obviously... so whatcha got?

Thanks in advance for your help!
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Curses and Hexes... oh my!

Post by chowderpope »

Well hexing her sounds kinda bullshit considering the odds of a hex even being effective. I think a more big boy action is due, but don't know your legal standing to remove the junkie from the residence or press charges for theft. If you can press charges, I definitely would, especially considering the priceless value of the item. On the last day before you leave, take all her drugs/paraphernalia and throw them in a dumpster somewhere. AND THEN hex her as well.

Either way, be assured that karma will take it's toll on such a worthless person. Just her actions alone will doom her to a miserable life.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AbraxianChaos »

Big boy actions are a given. I have no time or patience for thieves or junkies. The curse work is the icing on the cake. An extra little parting gift.
"The hero is he who smashes idols... and the idol of every man is his ego." - Ibn Arabi

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I like the way you tink me brudda. Maybe you could take an inconsequential item of hers, like a ball of hair out of a hairbrush, and use it in some sympathetic black magic. That's probably what I'd do.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Do you guys really turn to magic for minor every day issues like these? Why? I don't mean the moral aspect. Seems very wasteful if it's "just because I can"

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

If someone wrongs you, do you not hope that revenge will be exacted in some way? What better way to do it than a way that leaves no evidence of its source? Don't tell me the person who said this:
in these times where everyone is soaked in greed, vanity and jealousy, where forgiveness is a relict of the past, my kind have to work overtime to meet the demand. So what do you want? And, of course, how are you willing to pay?
is the type to always turn the other cheek.

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AbraxianChaos »

Cerber wrote:Do you guys really turn to magic for minor every day issues like these? Why? I don't mean the moral aspect. Seems very wasteful if it's "just because I can"
I don't consider a junkie stealing a family heirloom shotgun, which has my fingerprints on it and which could be used in crime, a minor issue. But, yeah, okay.

Also... I have a high justice drive... I can't help it.

And to Chowder... taking an item of hers to use in that way was pretty much what I was planning to do.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

It must be difficult to aim for your objectives if your hands move around constantly chasing mosquitoes. Unless mosquitoes is your objective..
Your are easily distracted. If someone (or something) can make you shoot left and right at the flies with barely any effort, your strength turn in to a weakness, wouldn't you say so?
on the subject, there is earthly options to deal with this current example, I wouldn't see any need for any voodoo, not even remotely

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AbraxianChaos »

Cerber wrote:It must be difficult to aim for your objectives if your hands move around constantly chasing mosquitoes. Unless mosquitoes is your objective..
Your are easily distracted. If someone (or something) can make you shoot left and right at the flies with barely any effort, your strength turn in to a weakness, wouldn't you say so?
on the subject, there is earthly options to deal with this current example, I wouldn't see any need for any voodoo, not even remotely
K.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Cerber wrote:It must be difficult to aim for your objectives if your hands move around constantly chasing mosquitoes. Unless mosquitoes is your objective..
Exactly, K. I don't see the merit badges that would qualify you as an authority on the subject, but it's not worth drawing you into an internet argument over, so just K.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Oh did it come out disrespectful? Apologies, I was raised by wolfs, I've been trying to learn to express my self in less violent ways but the progress been slow. I tend to and up with a ban everywhere, just this month received ban on facebook, and banned at work. So I'm unemployed and with no facebook to mess around, my life is so sad, so cruel [crymore] [crymore]

ok that's out of the way, now let me rephrase my self, in human language. What I was trying to say is:
I believe that sometimes situations like these might be influenced externally. They might not throw a snowball directly at you, but they most certainly can throw one at the right time at the right direction to cause an avalanche just at the time when you are standing in the perfect spot to be buried alive.
So I was asking are you sure there is no external influence in this incident? Maybe somebody is actively trying to provoke you to engage in some "fights" and that maybe you shouldn't?

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

No worries man. What do you mean? The way I interpret the situation is somebody stole his stuff to sell for drugs. I assume that because people who steal generally have a drug problem. Sounds like they just stole out of desperation to satisfy their addiction.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

chowderpope wrote:No worries man. What do you mean? The way I interpret the situation is somebody stole his stuff to sell for drugs. I assume that because people who steal generally have a drug problem. Sounds like they just stole out of desperation to satisfy their addiction.
yes it sounds reasonable, and probably it is, 9 times out of 10 it's just that, drunk addicts trying to satisfy their addiction (or some other earthly logical explanation for some "unpleasant happenings"), but even if would but 99 out of 100, I'd still be worried about that 1% that's fell in to somebodies greater scheme of things. but if he never stepped on to anybodies toes, past or future, it's nothing to worry I guess. I just strongly believe "magic" of any kind should be left for emergencies only, if there is other options, especially when harm is the goal, even if the subject deserve it, and not because of moral aspect of it

Oroboros
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Oroboros »

Cerber wrote:Oh did it come out disrespectful? Apologies, I was raised by wolfs, I've been trying to learn to express my self in less violent ways but the progress been slow. I tend to and up with a ban everywhere, just this month received ban on facebook, and banned at work. So I'm unemployed and with no facebook to mess around, my life is so sad, so cruel [crymore] [crymore]

ok that's out of the way, now let me rephrase my self, in human language. What I was trying to say is:
I believe that sometimes situations like these might be influenced externally. They might not throw a snowball directly at you, but they most certainly can throw one at the right time at the right direction to cause an avalanche just at the time when you are standing in the perfect spot to be buried alive.
So I was asking are you sure there is no external influence in this incident? Maybe somebody is actively trying to provoke you to engage in some "fights" and that maybe you shouldn't?

------I hope this is not considered derailing the topic. So, first I will add, to the O.P. yes I would do a good hex and if you have access to a tagloc like hair- that's perfect. I also agree mundane action should be taken first (aka, involving the law.)

But, Cerber, I'm curious. I'm not sure how one achieves proficiency in magic that allows you to do "big" things if you do not "practice" on things like this? In my personal experience the only way to practice witchcraft is to PRACTICE witchcraft. There is a lot to be learned through spell achievements, failures, and well backfiring- that to SOME degree must be experienced IMO. And I sure don't want to be messing with something BIG as I am learning those things.

That being said, I myself don't do spells that I feel are karmically unbalanced. It has to be quite justified and the punishment must fit the crime (not reflect how pissed I may be).
"Any man who must say 'I am the king' is no true king."~Tywin Lannister, GOT

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

True, you can't become good at anything if are not actually doing it. But you can become a decent shooter shooting paper target and not actual people (even bad people).
I'm just a bit (a great big bit) paranoid. For me all "opportunities" to use any special "abilities" that present it self in innocent casual way, are provocations from dark creeps to pull me down just an inch at the time, unless proven otherwise. Or something along the lines. Maybe it's just me.
Although I've seen some very strong ppl over the years sinking in to darkness so gradually it's unnoticeable, and coincidently they were somewhat relaxed on where or when it's appropriate to use witchcraft. That might be related, might be not, but something to keep in mind. Especially when dealing with something that has infinity amount variables, hidden sink-holes, cliffs. Something I will never be able to completely understand.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I personally try to not perform "black" magic, but last year I had this terrible upstairs neighbor who fought his wife all the time and abused his dog, and on top of that he was a jerk to me. I performed a spell one day and wished for him to find peace and harmony.

Fast forward a few weeks and one Sunday morning they were moving all of their stuff out. The next day a note was on their door, so I ran up and read it, and it was an eviction notice stating that they owed over $2,000 and needed to vacate. I knew this meant they were going to be sued for that amount and it would be a big negative on their credit score and affect their ability to rent in the future.

So although I meant them no harm, the mysterious ways of the world seemed to exact justice upon them. Or who knows, maybe although I said I wished for them to have peace, maybe my true intention was for them to burn in hell. I may have accidentally performed black magic, haha.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

If I do anything like curses or hexes, it's always stuff to eventually better the person and give them the opportunity to become better.
My favorite one is to make whatever dark they have hidden (or is being hidden from them, such as a cheating spouse, someone stealing from them, feelings for someone they shouldn't have, problems at work, basically whatever "bubble" they have built) in life to come to light (and that bubble to pop), which allows them to confront it (which if they catch me in a bad day, or do things that are particularly bad, I'll make it so that everything they have hidden will keep coming to light until they rectify themselves and accept it) and hopefully stop their asshole-ish behavior.
I've never liked the idea of punishing people and causing more pain without giving the chance for them to grow and become better.
Taking your situation, if you just curse and punish this person you are piling on more difficulties for them, making their situation more desperate, making their life more downtrodden and perpetuating their behavior as they won't have a way out (in their mind). You can actually make their life alot worse off and cause the behavior you are punishing for go into the opposite direction, instead of improving it'll get worse. Bad behavior + desperation = bad times for all.

When doing things like what you are talking about, it is important to A) Always have an Out Clause, and B) Ultimately have the goal or finale of the curse/hex to make the person be a better person and,if anything, give them a clean slate or atleast have the clutter of their life cleared away to allow for better choices, which is really good if you work on a Karma system, or if not for your peace of mind down the road.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

AbraxianChaos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by AbraxianChaos »

I've actually gone back and forth with myself on this topic and realized I was mostly following how pissed off I was. The stolen shotgun, though it was a big deal in a lot of ways... I started to see past it. I realized that this thriving junkie needs no karmic punishment, nor extra punishment from me, because she's already being punished for something; she is a junkie after all and is on a one way trip to nothingness.

But... then other things started coming up missing; our ROKU. No worries, I can get another for $30. Then my lock box; not a huge deal, paperwork can be replaced. But, there was also a gold and diamond ring that belonged to my grandfather that my mother found in his safety deposit box and gave to me that cannot ever be replaced. Then I realized that she stole my wife's pearls that were a gift from her father for her graduation, and came from a specific place in London.

My anger, which is one of my strongest allies when it comes to putting energy into things, boiled over. Perhaps I am just mad, but I do want justice. I can't stand the thought of this piece of garbage junkie walking around doing this to other people. I don't want her dead, obviously, but I do want to make sure that no one else can ever suffer from entering her circle.

I know that my anger wants revenge and not justice, but I haven't figured out what justice is yet.

Three nights in a row I have attempted to do a tarot reflection exercise... and three nights in a row I have drawn Justice from the deck.

I'm not 100% sure where I should go from here... or where I want to go from here... so I will most likely just quietly back away and disappear like I always do. I have left New Orleans and all the bad it brought me and my family behind. Maybe that is the best option... washing my hand of it all symbolically.

Oroboros
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Oroboros »

Cerber wrote:True, you can't become good at anything if are not actually doing it. But you can become a decent shooter shooting paper target and not actual people (even bad people).
I'm just a bit (a great big bit) paranoid. For me all "opportunities" to use any special "abilities" that present it self in innocent casual way, are provocations from dark creeps to pull me down just an inch at the time, unless proven otherwise. Or something along the lines. Maybe it's just me.
Although I've seen some very strong ppl over the years sinking in to darkness so gradually it's unnoticeable, and coincidently they were somewhat relaxed on where or when it's appropriate to use witchcraft. That might be related, might be not, but something to keep in mind. Especially when dealing with something that has infinity amount variables, hidden sink-holes, cliffs. Something I will never be able to completely understand.
-------------

That's an understandable view for sure. I have seen folks discuss doing curses on people as "target practice"- and for little other reason. This I feel, is asking for trouble, and something I would never do.
As for sinking in to the pit, so to speak, I think this can be seen in negative people who tend to live in a place of self-centeredness. I think what does or does not drag you down has a lot to do with your own mind set, motivations, and whether or not one chooses to live in a place of negativity.

I should have been more clear in my comment about a hex being in order in the OP's case:
Of course this is just my view, I am not of the opinion that I can decide what is or is not right for another practitioner.
There are a lot of things that would be considered hex work that can be done in a way that are not just to get "revenge". For example in the OP's case- in a situation like that I would probably do something to ensure the person's deeds were exposed and legal justice in meeted out. Not try to melt off their toenails or ruin their life. I'm a big fan of justice spells.

All of the hex or curse work I have done- which is not a lot mind you- has been directed at justice being served, or preventing a person from being able to continue to do harm to another person. :) At least the intentional ones.

I know there are folks who scoff that this is not possible, but I have had situations- especially before I understood how these things work for me- where my very hot, very angry, focus on a person made shit go bad for them in an obvious way. SO, I certainly believe that can happen.

As for all the variables and infinite possibilities. Yep, the butterfly effect of spell work does perhaps present some of the greatest challenges. And also, where I have had, um some unfortunate learning opportunities- but no permanent damage thankfully:).

I don't personally believe that "innocent casual" spell work is a no no, though I do view THAT as practice: however I do agree one should not approach it in a casual way ever because of the above mentioned potential for disaster.

Nice to be able to discuss such things without defensiveness and vitriol you come across sometimes!:)
Last edited by Oroboros on Sun May 28, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oroboros
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Oroboros »

chowderpope wrote:I personally try to not perform "black" magic, but last year I had this terrible upstairs neighbor who fought his wife all the time and abused his dog, and on top of that he was a jerk to me. I performed a spell one day and wished for him to find peace and harmony.

Fast forward a few weeks and one Sunday morning they were moving all of their stuff out. The next day a note was on their door, so I ran up and read it, and it was an eviction notice stating that they owed over $2,000 and needed to vacate. I knew this meant they were going to be sued for that amount and it would be a big negative on their credit score and affect their ability to rent in the future.

So although I meant them no harm, the mysterious ways of the world seemed to exact justice upon them. Or who knows, maybe although I said I wished for them to have peace, maybe my true intention was for them to burn in hell. I may have accidentally performed black magic, haha.
-----------

So, this is an interesting situation. I have had similar things happen myself.

Though the timing of the event is certainly suspect- it seems most likely that this character was a miserable human being, who's life was out of control and therefore the eviction notice would have come even without your influence. Who knows, some of the marital fighting may have been about money.

That said- I had a situation where a part of a spell went awry. And I realized in retrospect I did not have emotional control and that during part of my working my anger, and therefore my energy was focused on one thing while the intent of the spell was something else. So sure enough, the outcome was tainted by stronger feelings on the matter. This fortunately was only a minor disaster and a very good lesson for me on the importance of control and focus!

Oroboros
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Oroboros »

AbraxianChaos wrote:I've actually gone back and forth with myself on this topic and realized I was mostly following how pissed off I was. The stolen shotgun, though it was a big deal in a lot of ways... I started to see past it. I realized that this thriving junkie needs no karmic punishment, nor extra punishment from me, because she's already being punished for something; she is a junkie after all and is on a one way trip to nothingness.
Then I realized that she stole my wife's pearls that were a gift from her father for her graduation, and came from a specific place in London.
----------------

On a mundane note- I know you said you left the area. Are you too far away to check local pawn shops? That's probably where I would start. That and trying to get the police to recover the items.

You are right though- an addiction like that is about is a pretty horrible existence. I don't know if she needs more punishment. BUT, she does need to stop victimizing others in her downward spiral. What a mess. Best of luck with that. Things of sentimental value really are irreplaceable.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Honestly, I never feel sorry for people that lost some things with some sentimental value, no matter the "value" of it, ever since my father beat me up at age 5 (plus minus) like a dog for losing my grandma's gold wedding ring that had a lot of "sentimental value" apparently. I left slightly traumatized, I despise gold and all things with "sentimental" value. My grandma lives in my beautiful memories, not in some shiny piece of metal junk, I always believed and still do.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I actually got a little angry reading about all the things she stole from you. Perhaps the tarot is telling you that justice is in the pipeline for her, which I'm sure it is.
Though the timing of the event is certainly suspect- it seems most likely that this character was a miserable human being, who's life was out of control and therefore the eviction notice would have come even without your influence.
That's right, bad people seem to have to lie in the bed they make for themselves, and the same goes for this girl. Maybe she'll get a bad batch of heroin, maybe she'll get caught stealing in a store, maybe she'll hook up with a dangerous crowd, not to get too starry-eyed about revenge fantasies, but the avenues of punishment are endless, and your lack of involvement will help you rest easy when the RIP comments start flooding her FB page.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

When I was a teen I once accidentally met a gypsy lady on the street. Before that I only heard stories, not very nice ones, about them. I was naive a bit, and was trying to be polite, stood there and listen her a bit too long, long story short, out of maybe 3 or 4 notes in my wallet one disappeared and she run off. Yes I felt pissed off, I was low on cash only those few last notes in my wallet, and jobless, but I was maybe even more pissed off that I kind of let it happen. But after a while I realised that I should be grateful instead of angry, she could have taken all of the notes, but she took just one, somebody else might have even put a knife in between my ribs before taking everything. I start seeing I got an extremely valuable life lesson at a bargain.
I mean I totally understand how it feels, when you have so little, just scraps to get by, and somebody comes, betrays your trust and takes a good share of that little that you have, it's horrible..

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”