non invoking practices

Cerber

non invoking practices

Post by Cerber »

Does anyone know any practices to influence environment, maybe even other people, and forces of nature without using assistance from any entities, demons, gods etc? I'm not picky, just hints and clues would do just fine. pretty please? Or am I talking nonsense?
Or practices that would deal with "creating" and controlling your own temporal "entities" for some specific purpose (good or bad)? Or am I talking nonsense again?
Long time ago I was experimenting with things like that with very limited results, but I was just "making things up as I go" to the most part, in a way trying to drag things in to real world out of my dreams. But I didn't put much work nor research in to it, for the last decade or so I was working my ass off trying to fit in to this world, but went sideways anyway, I just got fired at work, and my marriage is disintegrating, so now I king of feel desire to go back to where I left off.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: non invoking practices

Post by Napoli »

There are plenty of Hoodoo magical workings that is cast to bind, dominate and control others. Desecrated has suggested elsewhere to utilise one's aura to attract or repel people. Chaos magic deals with creating servitors whom you can use instead of invoking gods, angels, etc. Their power will depend on your own strength. Perhaps, the chaotes here can help you with that.
Cerber wrote:Does anyone know any practices to influence environment, maybe even other people, and forces of nature without using assistance from any entities, demons, gods etc?
I believe it is important to learn to do so to be a good mage. It is just my personal opinion though.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Napoli wrote: I believe it is important to learn to do so to be a good mage. It is just my personal opinion though.
I think you are probably right. Thank a lot

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Cerber wrote:Does anyone know any practices to influence environment, maybe even other people, and forces of nature without using assistance from any entities, demons, gods etc? I'm not picky, just hints and clues would do just fine. pretty please? Or am I talking nonsense?
Psychology, hypnosis,and witchcraft.
It's perfectly possible to practice magic without all the "supernatural".
Or practices that would deal with "creating" and controlling your own temporal "entities" for some specific purpose (good or bad)? Or am I talking nonsense again?
Chaos magic. What you are talking about is straight-up textbook chaos magic.
Long time ago I was experimenting with things like that with very limited results, but I was just "making things up as I go" to the most part, in a way trying to drag things in to real world out of my dreams.
That is what the rest of us are doing as well. :D
But I didn't put much work nor research in to it,
Well, at least then you know where to start this time. Research and hard work.
for the last decade or so I was working my ass off trying to fit in to this world, but went sideways anyway, I just got fired at work, and my marriage is disintegrating, so now I king of feel desire to go back to where I left off.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Take a couple of weeks to bounce back, eat some ice cream, watch some shitty movies, cry a little.
Get a marriage-consoler, or get a divorce.
Get a new haircut, write a new CV, go back to school or get a new job.

It almost sounds like the universe is giving you a chance to get stuff in order before "having" to move forward. Must of us are just pushed into the deep end of the pool. But it sounds like you have some time before you have to take the big plunge. Are you sure reading about magic is what you should be doing right now?

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Napoli wrote:Desecrated has suggested elsewhere to utilise one's aura to attract or repel people.
O yeah! Any energy-work, aura work or just concentration work is going to affect other people. It doesn't mater if you believe that you have an aura/energy shield around you, or if you are just trying to project a certain idea to other people.
Your thoughts will affect your body language, and if you keep concentrating on a "black shield" to keep people away, people tend to stay away, or if you're spreading out a nice "rainbow circle of love" people will usually tend to feel comfortable approaching you.

The "belief" part is just a crutch. If you believe that you can and deserve to loose weight it's a lot easier to do than if you think of yourself as a hopeless case. Diet and exercise will ultimately have a physical effect, but your own belief in it actually changes the outcome.
That sad, annoying and hard part is that you can't just think yourself slim or just "think" magic. You actually have to "do" it. Magic is always a verb.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Desecrated wrote: Are you sure reading about magic is what you should be doing right now?
I'm not sure of anything. But always felt (and now stronger than ever) a thirst for something I can't describe, the need go some place don't really exist, I feel "wrong" and I don't know how to make my self "right".
And then every now and again I come across somebodies "visual interpretation" of Lilith or some other entity of a darker breen and I just stare with fascination and admiration and deep attraction with no good excuse.
But yes, there is no escaping dirth. I will be trying to do some training and I will be looking for new employment in a different industry. Divorce seems like the next thing on my "todo list".
Thanks a lot guys, I didn't expect this much help

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Cerber wrote:
Desecrated wrote: Are you sure reading about magic is what you should be doing right now?
I'm not sure of anything. But always felt (and now stronger than ever) a thirst for something I can't describe, the need go some place don't really exist, I feel "wrong" and I don't know how to make my self "right".
I think that is a normal drive in humans. You have to remember that a bunch of people went sailing into the open ocean just to see if there was anything else out there.
I mean for fuck sake, we send dogs and monkeys into outer space just to see if it was possible to do so.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

You have the right idea by not wanting to get involved with discarnate beings, in my opinion, they're more trouble than it's worth. I think the first order of business for a training magician should be to learn to banish and to build up your bodies energy system which will strengthen your defense against psychic attack. If you strengthen your energy body/aura, this will not only help defend you from people's negativity and nonphysical attack, but it will benefit virtually every other aspect of your life.

During your downtime when you're watching TV or playing games, you can train yourself to breathe more deeply and rhythmically. It helps if there's music or a metronome so you can breathe along to a regular beat. This is good for your physical and energetic body. I skipped a few days and didn't practice my breathing, and I started to feel depressed, and then I started my breathing again and got better almost instantly. To me, it's indispensable to both magick and mundane life.

One of my favorite exercises for collecting energy in the body and circulating it is the Middle Pillar, but there are other simpler exercises that I have found as well. If anyone is interested, I have collected some and can share with you.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

chowderpope wrote: One of my favorite exercises for collecting energy in the body and circulating it is the Middle Pillar, but there are other simpler exercises that I have found as well. If anyone is interested, I have collected some and can share with you.
Yes please.
I'm honestly surprised how open and willing to share you guys are. Totally opposite from what I initially imagined before I came here, I have to confess with great shame

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

1. Breathe rhythmically and slowly. Close your eyes and scan your whole body from head to toe. If you notice any areas of tension, visualize that area as being covered in a dark mist. Visualize your conscious awareness as a bright, glowing force that dissipates the dark mist and replaces it with new, radiant energy.

2. Visualize the sun above you being bright and full of radiant energy. See the sun shrink and move into your solar plexus region. See this region as your energetic control center that strengthens and infuses your entire energetic body.

3. Visualize branches of energy coming from your heart center and branching all over your body, clearing any blockages and moving any stale energy. See your entire body lighting up with new, radiant light flowing through it.

4. Turn your palms upward and visualize cosmic light entering your palms and flooding throughout your body, totally saturating you with divine energy.

5. Put your hands together at your chest and say: "I am now balanced and attuned."

At that point, you can also state any other positive affirmation that you want to reinforce. At any time if you want to quickly balance your energy you can clasp your hands together and see yourself flooded with divine energy.

I have a few more similar exercises I'm going to put on my blog which I can share with you once it's written, but this is a good exercise to reinforce your energetic body. I also recommend the Middle Pillar which is described pretty well on this site: https://www.llewellyn.com/encyclopedia/article/26326
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

I believe you are searching for Direct or Hands On Magick, which is preforming magick using just yourself and your own energies, mind, and will.
Energy Work is a good way of influencing others, as Des said. If you figure out people's energy signatures, you can use sympathetic adjustments after lockingonto their energies to influence them in subtle ways, such as attracting or repelling them, gaining their interest, etc.

As Desecrated said, you can't just think magic, you can only do magic. Which means, magic is based off of experience, it's not something that one can really describe and say how you go from not preforming magick to being able to do so. You can get lead to the proper steps, but you have to discover how to walk them on your own. I can describe, step by step, how to do something, but unless you yourself have figured out how to "do" magick, it'll be useless to you.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

chowderpope wrote:1. Breathe rhythmically and slowly. Close your eyes and scan your whole body from head to toe.
This is one of my favorite methods, and I still use it from time to time. Except I go from toes to head.

Do you know that you can learn to wiggle your pinky-toe?
It takes a couple of hours of practice, but you can actually move it sideways independently from your other toes. I think it's a good example of what power your mind has over your body and what you can do if you just relax, concentrate and try.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Cerber wrote: I'm honestly surprised how open and willing to share you guys are.
Well, it's not like we own this stuff. We're not really giving away anything of ourself. All we can really do is point each other in different directions. I can't make you experience Greece or Spain, but I can tell you how I got there.
Especially in today's society when we have maps and useful technology. We don't have to climb a hidden mountain to meet with some immortal guru to get "secret" information anymore, Most if this stuff is available at your local library or bookshop. (or internetforum)

When it comes to the middle pillar I think it is pretty well described in 'Modern Magick'. I remember trying it the first time almost straight out of the book, and I really got a physical sensation and could feel a difference in the room I was doing it after a couple of days.
Personally I think the Qigong and other Chinese martial arts have the best explanations about energy work and I've notice a certain similarity between the middle pillar and the first Form of qigong. And I think there are instruction videos about both in most languages or at least in somewhat plain english.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Desecrated wrote: Well, it's not like we own this stuff. We're not really giving away anything of ourself. All we can really do is point each other in different directions. I can't make you experience Greece or Spain, but I can tell you how I got there.
Usually people I meet are less than helpful or sharing to say the least (at least not to the undeserving lower class critters as my self). Sometimes just outright hostile, from either side, the "light soldiers, love bearers" or warlocks and other self proclaimed "masters of dark arts", although I'm used to it.
So atmosphere you have here is very unexpected to me and I'm very grateful.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Cerber wrote:
Desecrated wrote: Well, it's not like we own this stuff. We're not really giving away anything of ourself. All we can really do is point each other in different directions. I can't make you experience Greece or Spain, but I can tell you how I got there.
Usually people I meet are less than helpful or sharing to say the least (at least not to the undeserving lower class critters as my self). Sometimes just outright hostile, from either side, the "light soldiers, love bearers" or warlocks and other self proclaimed "masters of dark arts", although I'm used to it.
So atmosphere you have here is very unexpected to me and I'm very grateful.
For the most part, outside of things that can cause too much harm, this is a very open and sharing community! If someone can help, then by gone, they will help! You might get help form 100 different angles where alot of it is useless to you, but atleast you'll have options to go through ;)
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”