An old Swedish spell for winning at cards and dice

Post Reply
Nancyphant
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:09 am

An old Swedish spell for winning at cards and dice

Post by Nancyphant »

It was labelled "Black Magic", I guess because it incorporates the sacramental bread and wine. Enjoy if you will :)

http://www.cyprianus.se/en/2017/07/12/b ... s-or-dice/
I am a Swedish artist, witch and researcher.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:13 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: An old Swedish spell for winning at cards and dice

Post by violetstar »

Very nice website.However the article on 'Witch Marks' is confused.You say 'Bomarke' is a farmers mark in the Northern culture and in European culture this is equal to a Merchants mark.What is the difference between the 'North' and European?

You then equate this with a Witch mark which suggests some form of commercial trade link such as farming,carpentry or masonry.Such trades have their own marking systems and today these are often shown as 'evidence' of apotropaic Witch marks but there is far more evidence of their use being mundane.Scholars like Francis Young urge caution in the acceptance of mundane markings being classed as Witch marks.

https://francisyoung.wordpress.com/2014 ... f-caution/

You then state the oldest forms are similar to Runes.Finally you tell us you can design a personal Mark for others and describe your own Mark.However,what you show is a Monogram type logo.This is not a Witch Mark which is an entirely different concept.

Generally the Witch Mark is either an idea of a pact showing as bodily anomaly between the accused and the Devil extracted from the European witch trials,or a symbol used within more modern witch groups denoting status.Within witchcraft these Marks are also used to encode letters and to define working areas outdoors.

I loved the Troll Incense.We need some here! [happyface]
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

User avatar
Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor
Posts: 3223
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: The north

Re: An old Swedish spell for winning at cards and dice

Post by Desecrated »

I agree with violet on this on. Bomärken was used mostly on legal documents instead of a signature.
This is the same as Kökar. Not the same as witch marks used for protective means.

Bomärken:

Image

Kökar

Image

Witches marks

Image

User avatar
Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor
Posts: 3223
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: The north

Re: An old Swedish spell for winning at cards and dice

Post by Desecrated »

violetstar wrote:What is the difference between the 'North' and European?
North = Nordic countries = Sweden, norway, iceland, finland and denmark.

We sweds think of our self as northerners, not Europeans.

User avatar
Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor
Posts: 3223
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: The north

Re: An old Swedish spell for winning at cards and dice

Post by Desecrated »

Nancyphant wrote:It was labelled "Black Magic"
Back then, most people felt that anything that wasn't christian was automatically satanism. So fiddle music, books, modern medicine and foreigners where all Satan.

It also suggested that we call things black magic because of the black books used to write down the spells. Svarteböcker = black books = therefore black magic.
Not sure if I agree with that one.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:13 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: An old Swedish spell for winning at cards and dice

Post by violetstar »

Svarteböcker = black books = therefore black magic.

Sounds like a syllogism
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

User avatar
Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: St. Catharines, ON

Re: An old Swedish spell for winning at cards and dice

Post by Caerdon »

Desecrated wrote:
violetstar wrote:What is the difference between the 'North' and European?
North = Nordic countries = Sweden, norway, iceland, finland and denmark.

We sweds think of our self as northerners, not Europeans.
This is similar to how us Canadians think of ourselves as, well, Canadians rather than Americans, despite the fact that we are a part of, and live in, the North American Continent, and thus are *technically* Americans as much as Swede's are Europeans.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

User avatar
Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor
Posts: 3223
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: The north

Re: An old Swedish spell for winning at cards and dice

Post by Desecrated »

violetstar wrote:Svarteböcker = black books = therefore black magic.

Sounds like a syllogism
If I remember my Aristotle, you need 3 parts for it to form a syllogism. This is just one step. It's like saying that all black cats are evil.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:13 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: An old Swedish spell for winning at cards and dice

Post by violetstar »

Desecrated wrote:
violetstar wrote:Svarteböcker = black books = therefore black magic.

Sounds like a syllogism
If I remember my Aristotle, you need 3 parts for it to form a syllogism. This is just one step. It's like saying that all black cats are evil.
That is correct but Aristotle was vague in his application and since then more modern systems have been developed.This is why I employed a premise holding a modal word: "Sounds like a syllagism" rather than is a syllogism'.
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

User avatar
Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor
Posts: 3223
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:50 pm
Location: The north

Re: An old Swedish spell for winning at cards and dice

Post by Desecrated »

violetstar wrote:
Desecrated wrote:
violetstar wrote:Svarteböcker = black books = therefore black magic.

Sounds like a syllogism
If I remember my Aristotle, you need 3 parts for it to form a syllogism. This is just one step. It's like saying that all black cats are evil.
That is correct but Aristotle was vague in his application and since then more modern systems have been developed.This is why I employed a premise holding a modal word: "Sounds like a syllagism" rather than is a syllogism'.
Aaaa. Makes sense.

violetstar
Forum Member
Forum Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:13 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: An old Swedish spell for winning at cards and dice

Post by violetstar »

Caerdon wrote:
Desecrated wrote:
violetstar wrote:What is the difference between the 'North' and European?
North = Nordic countries = Sweden, norway, iceland, finland and denmark.

We sweds think of our self as northerners, not Europeans.
This is similar to how us Canadians think of ourselves as, well, Canadians rather than Americans, despite the fact that we are a part of, and live in, the North American Continent, and thus are *technically* Americans as much as Swede's are Europeans.
I see.What is the root of this? Political.Patriotic or Nationalism? How about French Canadian or is that a different issue?
Woe if I reveal,Woe if I do not reveal...

Post Reply

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”