Is there any spell to prove magic to myself?

favecentmo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Is there any spell to prove magic to myself?

Post by favecentmo »

I've never believed in magic. I kinda hoped it was real for a while and had a feeling it was but I never really believed. See, I'm kinda a cynic, like I never believe in anything unless I've seen it with my own two eyes. So I was wondering if there was any spell or something I could use without having to believe in magic, to kinda prove it to myself. So if anyone could direct towards a spell or something ( even showing me a source where I could find something to prove this to myself would be very helpful) I would really love it! So thanks in advance for a helpful response!

Cerber

Re: Is there any spell to prove magic to myself?

Post by Cerber »

[grin] that is mildly funny, since magic requires belief to begin with.

favecentmo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by favecentmo »

Cerber wrote:[grin] that is mildly funny, since magic requires belief to begin with.
Yea but I have to have something to believe in, blind faith is never good.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

favecentmo wrote:
Cerber wrote:[grin] that is mildly funny, since magic requires belief to begin with.
But you chose to believe in all other "non magical" stuff

favecentmo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by favecentmo »

Cerber wrote:
favecentmo wrote:
But you chose to believe in all other "non magical" stuff
Yeah, but I've seen all of this "non magical" stuff in videos and stuff, I've never seen magic in like a video or anything

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

favecentmo wrote: Yeah, but I've seen all of this "non magical" stuff in videos and stuff, I've never seen magic in like a video or anything
But you chose to believe flesh you've seen with the eyes of flesh.

landing
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by landing »

favecentmo wrote: , like I never believe in anything unless I've seen it with my own two eyes.
magick doesnt happen within the scope of the two eyes ,u cant see it,
but if your astral senses r opened u will see it , third eye etc.....

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

Real magic takes time, effort, and faith. It relates more to the development of self than parlor tricks. Judging by your inquiry, I'm not sure it's for you.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

favecentmo wrote:I've never believed in magic. I kinda hoped it was real for a while and had a feeling it was but I never really believed. See, I'm kinda a cynic, like I never believe in anything unless I've seen it with my own two eyes. So I was wondering if there was any spell or something I could use without having to believe in magic, to kinda prove it to myself. So if anyone could direct towards a spell or something ( even showing me a source where I could find something to prove this to myself would be very helpful) I would really love it! So thanks in advance for a helpful response!
Go up to your friend and tell them that they look really good today. Compliment them on their hair.
You should get an instant result.

Micr0cosM
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Micr0cosM »

It's not blind faith, its deliberately choosing to believe in something in order to use that belief to change something. You look for results within your normal life, the things you choose to change, change, often due to the result of weird coincidences. If you don't believe in magick then when you see these coincidences you will dismiss them as not being magick, and therefor you prove nothing to yourself.

So yes, you need to choose to believe first, and then do experiments and see where it takes you. You can always change your mind and stop believing if you don't seem to get results, or if you get results that scare you.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

No.

For magic to work you need to develop certain skills and capabilities - the "recipe book magic" you see in the media, where someone simply draws the right sigil and chants the right words and the results occur, doesn't exist (with rare exceptions which aren't particularly relevant to this discussion).

What you're asking is something like asking "can someone tell me how to bench press 400kg so I can prove that it's possible to bench press 400kg." It just doesn't work that way - you need to start out with the small weights and general fitness, and work your way up. It's a question of development first and foremost, not technique.

If you want proof, you either need to find someone who can demonstrate something for you, or to maintain a neutral mindset long enough to train yourself to gain results.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

favecentmo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by favecentmo »

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, I've learned a lot from all of you!

favecentmo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by favecentmo »

Rin wrote: the "recipe book magic" you see in the media, where someone simply draws the right sigil and chants the right words and the results occur, doesn't exist .
I understand what you're saying, but weren't there a lot of times in history such as like Solomon and the angels or devils or whatever, where all they had to do was draw some stuff and they would appear(I know my questions probably sound really stupid, but idk much about this stuff)?

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

favecentmo wrote:
Rin wrote: the "recipe book magic" you see in the media, where someone simply draws the right sigil and chants the right words and the results occur, doesn't exist .
I understand what you're saying, but weren't there a lot of times in history such as like Solomon and the angels or devils or whatever, where all they had to do was draw some stuff and they would appear(I know my questions probably sound really stupid, but idk much about this stuff)?
There are no real stupid questions, especially when the person asking is genuine. If you don't know something then asking is always the best way to dispel ignorance.

Now then, when books and such say that they appeared or came forth or whatever, they don't mean in a physical sense, but appeared to the developed senses. It was alot more common in the olden days for a people to have developed senses due to the fact that they where more devote and open to their religion and beliefs. They actively sought and had relationships with the entities that they worshiped. They where, in a sense, more spiritually developed than people are nowadays. So alot of things in the old stories where taken for granted and thus omitted.

Also, the stories from back then where not first hand accounts of the ones doing the rituals, which is important to remember, so the stories of Solomon drawing stuff and having the devils appear would be omitting quite alot and would be a gross understatement for what the process would need to take place.
High Magick, such as what Solomon used, is a highly specific formula, which involves a multitude of calculations and preparations, and an exact-meant of timing. There's also something that everyone who uses magick does in order to "power" the magick to make it work, though it is something that is impossible to properly explain, it's something that has to be experienced to understand.

We can all tell you any spell we may use at any given day, that we all have done countless times and describe in detail how to do it, but what would work for us would not work for you due to the simple reason that you have not developed or experienced what is needed to get the spell to be enacted upon reality, you do not possess the tools to give it it's driving force needed to start.

It'd be like trying to describe all the nuances of the full spectrum of colour to someone born colourblind. They can get a sense of what you are trying to describe, maybe even have a good mental picture and understand the concept, but they wouldn't truly "get" it unless they got to experience it for themselves. Unlike the colour blind person though, magick is something that can be learned. You just need to dedicate yourself to learning a type of magick that you feel drawn to (those types of inexplicable instincts are to be trusted in magick) and find a way to quell all the doubt and disbelief you feel as you dedicate yourself to experiencing magick and working in your chosen style.

If you REALLY want a fast-ish way of having an experience which you feel is needed to work with magick, or to atleast prove to yourself that there is more than the mundane reality, I'd suggest starting with learning some energy work. It's basis are grounded enough in the realms of acceptable mundanity in that it doesn't need alot of belief in to work, just alot of concentration at times and an awareness of the differences of the inner self and outer self, and it also is used alot in magick, allowing you that foot hold into getting the experience and self-proof you need.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

priam18
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by priam18 »

No offense to anyone but there is magic that can be seen with your two eyes (ie.. magic having a physical effect on this world), without having developed senses.

I'm speaking from personal experience here. For example, I've seen people on the brink of death healed with a prayer, people waiting for the impossible <say, a heart transplant> suddenly have, after months of trying, not only one but two hearts available - all with a prayer. I've also seen/been in situations even more bizarre, know of people with supremely prophetic dreams/visions (like, predicting 9/11 for example), and I'm not going to get started on the shape-changing(s) I had the luck (or maybe it's something else at this point) to witness.

Not saying all this to toot any horns, just presenting a different side of the argument.

In my experience, the important aspects of experiencing this are:
1. Develop a close relationship with God - reading the Bible is a start, so is working on your personal faith and belief
2. Keeping an open mind, but be grounded in reality
3. Hang out or be in more 'extreme' lifestyles - like a nurse or someone who sees death a lot. Speak with anyone in the medical profession, for example, and almost all will describe miracles they've seen
4. Location is important. There are just certain places more 'thinner' I guess to the other side, some in the US itself. Travel often, hang outside, you'll see a few things.

As for a spell to prove magic to yourself, I'm sure they exist but in my experience magicians tend to keep successes more to themselves and to those in their inner circle. Magic is a very intense internal experience in itself, so that could be what motivates some of this..

With that said though, I would pay closer attention to Semitic/Arabic fields of magic if you're looking for something to prove magic to yourself. I've had some success with the workings of the 6th and 7th Book of Moses.

Good luck!

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by chowderpope »

I think our friend probably got frustrated that it's too hard to do magic and abandoned ship. Good post, though.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”