Guarding and securing entrance

Cerber

Guarding and securing entrance

Post by Cerber »

I'm researching some security concepts. How would you go about securing any kind of entrance, doors, pathways etc. Spells? Servitors? Demon binding? Some kind of spiritual astral locks? Any combination of those and other ways that Im not aware of?
In this case security is not just against lower level stuff, but smarter things (humans including), to prevent or at least make it harder to use it and some way.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Guarding and securing entrance

Post by chowderpope »

You could put an iron horseshoe over your door. This is a traditional thing which has the potential to ward off nasty stuff. You could also try a small electric water fountain near the door since nasties do not like running water. You could draw a pentagram on the door, visibly or invisibly, on paper, small, I don't know. I would hide it so people don't think I'm nuts. Dion Fortune wrote a story in "psychic defense" about drawing a pentagram on a door and keeping a nasty witch's astral body out that way.

Astrally you could elect a guard, some well-known entity or something you invent, but as long as you give it some attention every day it will be strong. I have someone to encircle the property with flames of protection. I do a little prayer to strengthen it every few days. I also do evocation of protective beings on a regular basis.

Also, burn bay leaves (be careful they are super flammable) or sage to exorcise your space every once in a while.
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

chowderpope wrote:You could draw a pentagram on the door, visibly or invisibly, on paper, small, I don't know.
Or... you could just get some chalk that is roughly the same colour as the door and just draw it with that... as well as draw some sigils and wards on the door (if you work with them).
If you are going that rout though, I'd also write/draw the sigils and spells along the frame of the door (including on the floor on the threshold) to make a complete boundary.

Anyways, what specifically do you want to know how to protect? A doorway to your personal room that only you use would be done differently from, say, the doorway to your livingroom where multiple people come in and out of, which is still very different from the pathway leading up to your house.

Basically, what's needed to be considered is the amount of people that has regular access to where you want the protection to be placed, what exactly you want protection from (i.e. something specific, or is it more of a broad range), what exactly you are protecting (is it people, is it an object(s), or the place itself), where the protections are to be placed to guard against (astral realm, dreamscapes, energetic layer of the physical realm, etc), and what your capabilities are... for instance, if your capabilities don't lie in sigil work, it's useless to recommend sigils if you are more capable in evocation or energy work.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

The entrance, might not be of a physical form, open both ways, and generic spells to "ward of evil" is not suitable, passage must be granted or denied based on the "name" rather than one's merit. Servitor, beast, demon etc entity seems to be the only way so far. I thought could useenchanted gargoyle type of guardian, but I think I prefer a bit more discreet doorman.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Or to put another way, I'm want to build a gateway to another place, but with locks, blocks and guards to prevent a) contamination of either side with non local pests, and b) reserve access only to selected individuals (in this case one in this side, and one from the other side)

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Cerber wrote:Or to put another way, I'm want to build a gateway to another place, but with locks, blocks and guards to prevent a) contamination of either side with non local pests, and b) reserve access only to selected individuals (in this case one in this side, and one from the other side)
You add those in as you build the gateway. Usually you add in the restrictions (or keys needed) in as you make it, as well as any inclusions. Depending on the place that you are making the gateway to, it can be something as easy as only allowing certain specific energy signatures through, or you can make it that only possessing specific items can allow the pathway to open.
What you can do, is make an item here in this plane linked to an item in the other realm you are wanting a pathway to, and have the gate only open with you feeding specific energy to it while holding it, which opens the pathway between those two objects. Basically, you make it so that the pathway can only be opened with the object you have here, and the object on the other side to anchor it.
I'm making that sound alot easier to accomplish than it actually will be, as I don't know how close to the physical plane the other place is that you want to make the pathway to as the more abstract the realm the easier it actually is to access it in this manner, but that's probably the best way to accomplish what you want to do that I can think of at the moment. There's alot more that would have to go into it and be taken into consideration.

To tell the truth, I'm actually working on something similar to that at the moment, though it's, shall we say, more of a broad spectrum thing than a specific pathway... imma go a-wandering when I get it up and working!
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

The "other place" is very far from physical plane. It takes me days to get there, so I figure at least I should try and build something to cut my journey time a bit.
Gateway will have to be "powered" I think to work. And some users might not be of a physical nature, so physical items might not be suitable as keys, I should go with signature I guess.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Energy Signature , Sign , Seal , Door ;

We could also talk about which runes make the shape
of an Einstein - Rosen Bridge , or Wormhole...;)

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:Energy Signature , Sign , Seal , Door ;

We could also talk about which runes make the shape
of an Einstein - Rosen Bridge , or Wormhole...;)
or a portal.. :)
I might as well make up new language to make encoded spells unreadable, I'm thinking [geek]

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

I could hear the gears turning on another website...

Think quieter... [razz] ... [thumbup]

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:I could hear the gears turning on another website...

Think quieter... [razz] ... [thumbup]
What other website? Do you actually think any mortals could recreate anything like that based of few vague ideas, few bread crumbs here and there? Without killing them self?
I think it's very unlikely.
But on second thought.. It might be a hell of fun to watch [happy2]
and on the third thought, you never know.. anything is possible, or so they say..

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Shawn, were you talking about these guys?
Actually I just remembered that there are people whose suicidal and homicidal motives makes no logical sense. So yeah, I'm not going in too much detail here. Plus it might take ages and might not even work (statistically most likely), so don't hold your breath.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

No...

You said you were thinking...

"I might as well make up new language to make encoded spells unreadable, I'm thinking [geek]"

So I said I could hear the gears turning on another website , I was on... [razz]

And to think quieter... [thumbup]

Just a simple fun joke... [thumbup]

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Cerber wrote:The "other place" is very far from physical plane. It takes me days to get there, so I figure at least I should try and build something to cut my journey time a bit.
Gateway will have to be "powered" I think to work. And some users might not be of a physical nature, so physical items might not be suitable as keys, I should go with signature I guess.
Yes. Yes it would have to be powered.
Also, the physical item would be on this side, you'd have to use whatever passes for physical there as I presume that it's not just a featureless void where you go, that your mind translates and perceives the place as something you can understand, and that you and "Her" can, whilst you are there, create a nexus point of energies that can connect to your object in the physical, which that nexus point can translate into an "object" in that other place.
Also, the physical item would just be the anchor for the spellwork or energies or whatever you are doing to make the gate open,the non-phyiscal entity wouldn't need to physically hold it but just surround it with their presence and do the proper ritual or whatever you design it to need to be done to open the pathway (though if you are going that way, I'd see if I can make it so that if one comes through it doesn't fully close on the end you or the other go to so that you/they can easily get back).

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:No...

You said you were thinking...

"I might as well make up new language to make encoded spells unreadable, I'm thinking [geek]"

So I said I could hear the gears turning on another website , I was on... [razz]

And to think quieter... [thumbup]

Just a simple fun joke... [thumbup]
Oh hell, it took me half hour, and reading it 3 or 4 times to finally get it.. :D man I'm slow today

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Caerdon wrote: Yes. Yes it would have to be powered.
Also, the physical item would be on this side, you'd have to use whatever passes for physical there as I presume that it's not just a featureless void where you go, that your mind translates and perceives the place as something you can understand, and that you and "Her" can, whilst you are there, create a nexus point of energies that can connect to your object in the physical, which that nexus point can translate into an "object" in that other place.
Also, the physical item would just be the anchor for the spellwork or energies or whatever you are doing to make the gate open,the non-phyiscal entity wouldn't need to physically hold it but just surround it with their presence and do the proper ritual or whatever you design it to need to be done to open the pathway (though if you are going that way, I'd see if I can make it so that if one comes through it doesn't fully close on the end you or the other go to so that you/they can easily get back).
Have you ever attempted anything like that?
I want rituals-free usage, even if that would mean putting extra energy, extra effort in the initial crafting of the "device". Got to be. Or else not much difference than continuing to walk the distance manually on my own "feet".

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Cerber wrote:
Caerdon wrote: Yes. Yes it would have to be powered.
Have you ever attempted anything like that?
I want rituals-free usage, even if that would mean putting extra energy, extra effort in the initial crafting of the "device". Got to be. Or else not much difference than continuing to walk the distance manually on my own "feet".
well, I don't use rituals in general, so you'll be safe there.
And sort of? I've never worked in tandem with anyone, and I've always split my awareness between my physical body (usually in a trance) and my astral/energetic body. I don't usually like going to different planes, there's maybe 2 that I go to that could be considered often... and they aren't too far away, relatively speaking. But I did make a "keyed" item that allows only me to go to a certain place.
As I said, I'm also currently in the process of making something that is similar to what I described, but for general travel rather than specific.
For you... I'd say it'd be best for you (as cliche as it is) to use a crystal, one that resonates and focuses energy into itself rather than one that enhances energies of the practitioner (yes, gems and crystals influence energies in different ways, even if two pieces are the same type of crystal they can be of different uses, one can focus, one can enhance, one can act as a catalyst, and so on).
How good are you at enchanting items and objects? Would you know how to do it yourself, or do you need some advice on that part? You're basically taking the part of the object that exists outside of the physical realm and...extending it to the other realm, making a shortcut or bridge that you can send the part of you that travels to the other end. The Nexus point that is made on the other end is anchored and intertwined with the objects existence, and is extended back to the orb, mirroring what you did so that it exists within the core of the object in the physical. This makes a link that you need to build your shortcut bridge, and the bridge you make you basically runs off of (specific) energy you feed into the object that allows free travel between the two points, or rather, sends the traveling aspect of you through it alot faster than you would otherwise be able to do yourself. You will have to do the long travel first as you build the bridge between the two, but you will lay the pathway and foundation that the object and link will send you through. It basically, if done right, will make it that the object and its connection on the other side does the bulk of the traveling for you (in a way), cutting the time down alot. Can't say exactly how much as I have no idea where you are going to, but if you are following what I am trying to say (hard to come up with the right words to explain the concepts), you should be able to understand what I'm getting at.

EDIT: Forgot to say, you'll be sending your energy and part of you that travels through the object, so you go from where you are to the other side where it's simultaneously existing, which is why it'll take you less time.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

It's exactly a "place". It's more of a "person". It depends where that person is. Or what that person is busy with. In some way, entity and place can be one and the same thing, in a way. A bit hard to explain. But some boundaries are blurred here and there.
And I forgot to mention, that I have secondary objective I intend to achieve with the same device - to be able to feed energy from here to there (or to her/him) if and when needed. But that's probably minor thing. As long as it's connected and powered, it's in service. Or at least it should be, in my theory..

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Cerber wrote:It's exactly a "place". It's more of a "person". It depends where that person is. Or what that person is busy with. In some way, entity and place can be one and the same thing, in a way. A bit hard to explain. But some boundaries are blurred here and there.
And I forgot to mention, that I have secondary objective I intend to achieve with the same device - to be able to feed energy from here to there (or to her/him) if and when needed. But that's probably minor thing. As long as it's connected and powered, it's in service. Or at least it should be, in my theory..
So... basically a manifestation of a conscious concept or expression? Very dangerous sounding thing you've stumbled across it sounds like...

I'm all for holding close secrets about certain things, especially entities that you have a working relationship with, but I'm going to need to know what/who the hell you are working with, or atleast more information about their history before I help any more with your project here... There's quite a few entities out there that I would rather not know where here is, let alone have free access to.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Nothing to be worried about, she is a good hard working girl :) I wouldn't do anything like that with any entity if I even remotely sense any kind of malevolence or something. I just in time realised that "place" and a "person" are not entirely separate things, out there, at least sometimes, especially when I'm in her "personal space", where she can and do craft her own reality.

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Cargo Cults , Working Girls...

You do have a strange mind , Cerber... [wink]

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Shawn Blackwolf wrote:Cargo Cults , Working Girls...

I'm a wild beast, I like exploring Uncharted territories :)

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

is my style uncharted an add on may occer of bed bugs
Late legal legit landlord papeers.... Signed mianatlantian4-7-11-13-16-28-43-48-53-78-400-480-666-780-999-(1004.1017.4,000.17,000.40,000.48,000) - 4 univ (from below-shades of grey) buy out everything milk even gravity.... so far 4 univ, 4 galaxies, 4 solor systems, 4 respect galaxy, 4 irobot galaxy, 4 vurtual reality galaxy, 4 (i lack in most) galaxy, 4 black hole galaxy, eeven relating creates awareness mission exceptence too earn keep.... recognised people may have extra for....

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Cerber wrote:
Shawn Blackwolf wrote:Cargo Cults , Working Girls...

I'm a wild beast, I like exploring Uncharted territories :)
Hmm, fun times.
Anyways, you'll likely want to keep away from most types of metal for materials for something like this, especially if you want it to be something innocuous and easily moved. Metals, for the most part, lack the proper inner depth needed for such an undertaken, and can, sadly, hold so much of a charge... you can expand it, but only by so much, plus metals quickly (relatively speaking) lose it's charge over time, meaning you'd have to constantly be feeding it new energies every so often (which is counter productive for what you want, though there is a difference in all the metals, for instance, pewter will lose it's charge in a couple days without anything to replace the energies leaking out of it, whereas steel will hold it for a few months...never use pewter for anything except for practice), which is a shame because it holds the blueprint of any enchantment or spell you place in it extremely well with a very low rate of decay...
For the material you'd want, I'd say a good piece of worked green Diopside would be the best if i'd have to choose from the top of my head. Personally, I'm a sucker for spheres for things like this, but any shape would be good. Rough Diopside is alright, but it doesn't have the same holding power as something worked.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

For now I was planing to just stick with pen and paper (or inkscape and printer) until different part are worked out. Until I get a clear sense of my works and directions etc. I've just fired up my very crude early alpha prototype [yay]

Return to “Workings, Spells, Incantations and Rituals.”