Psychic fairs

General conversation and mundane matters.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic fairs

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Samhain

There's a major psychic fair here in Ottawa this weekend, which got me wondering what OFers think about them. I usually go once a year, just to see what pretty toys the merchants have for sale. But I've never bothered with the readers - if I can't trade readings with a friend and have to pay for one, I think I can find better readers than the type who work psychic fairs. But I'm wondering what others think about it.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic fairs

Original post: ~ Serenity ~

Damn, I think they're a hoot. Wouldn't catch me reading at one, but I'd love to go snoop around in this one. wanna come pick me up? I'm stranded up here.
fera

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic fairs

Original post: WindigoXXVIII

:) My grandmother and I went to one in London England just for fun. The psychic my grandmother went to went on and on about her future man. My gran doesnt give a crap about finding a man, she's 84 years old. My psychic was just as useless, she even read from her "red indian deck" and said I should go on a vision quest. She had those silly native american Chief statuettes on her table too. She had no idea I was native american and that vision quests are for men. They are a waste of money, but theyre fun if you can afford the extravagant prices.
Though I dont rule out that some psychics genuinely want to help others and may be very good at it.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic fairs

Original post: Silverback2001

I havn't been to a Psychic Fair, exactly; but I have been to a Psychic at the local May Day fair. This was about a year ago now; but I paid my $10, and had a Tarot Reading done. It was a decent reading, and very fun. The cards she used were very very worn, and when I asked her, they were from some sort of Russian deck I think. The entire experience was very interesting. I had never told the woman that I worked with magic, or anything of the sort, and while she couldn't tell me much about my future other than "Everything that you are seeking will come together in three years" ; she did manage to scold me for not working on advancing my psychic/magical skills further, and also told me that my energy levels were low at the time. I'd personally trust a Psychic at a fair, more than I would trust a Psychic Fair though :P

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic fairs

Original post: Samhain

[QUOTE=feranaja]Damn, I think they're a hoot. Wouldn't catch me reading at one, but I'd love to go snoop around in this one. wanna come pick me up? I'm stranded up here.
fera[/QUOTE]
Sorry to hear that you're still having some bad luck fera. But you're not missing anything - the psychic fair was a real washout this year, much smaller than before. I think the whole thing is dying because the readers are all a bunch of wingnuts. The good readers like yourself don't seem to work these psychic fairs, maybe because it wouldn't be possible to take the time to do a proper reading and still make money after paying the booth fees.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic fairs

Original post: chaos_gerbil

www.paganfestivals.org for anyone in the Uk next week

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic fairs

Original post: ages0ne

[QUOTE=Samhain]The good readers like yourself don't seem to work these psychic fairs, maybe because it wouldn't be possible to take the time to do a proper reading and still make money after paying the booth fees.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this somewhat, but the 2 shows I attended last year, I went to the same guy and on both occassions I went well over the 30minute time limit. And both times he seemed real genuine. Heck... the first time, he even forgot to take my money we both were so wrapped up in the moment, but I mailed the money to him afterwards as I felt he really opened my eyes up.

But at the same time, I can understand that alot of these 'psychics' just give you very vague and general answers and let you draw the lines for them. However I do believe that some are there to serve a purpose and offer valuable advice. The cat I went to see, tapes the session and gives you the tape and the notes he writes down, so you can examine what was discussed when you get a chance to reflect on the reading.

If anyone is around the Rocky Mountian region next weekend, here is a link to the Colorado Celebration Metaphysical Fair that is held in the Spring. Last month the show was in Denver, this month is being held in Colorado Springs.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic fairs

Original post: jools

[QUOTE=chaos_gerbil]www.paganfestivals.org for anyone in the Uk next week[/QUOTE]See you there.
j xxx

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Psychic fairs

Original post: Delano

A few years ago I attended one with my bf's mother for the same reasoning as you, Samhain. I bypassed the readings, ugly jewellery, 3000 different advertising leaflets for colour/ herbal/ psychic/ aroma/ reiki healing etc & found what I was looking for. A typically overized Amethyst Cluster that stood about a metre high & had the middle carved out was beautiful. The only problem I had with the piece was I didn't have $975 to hand over to the man with the greasy smile & the big cashbox waiting to be filled. The other highlight of our visit was my bf's mother opening all those tiny coloured "soul essence" bottles to smell the pretty oils inside. Boy was that hippy psychic woman shocked when she returned to her booth & found the seals cracked on all the oils only meant for "one person's essense". I felt like she had unwittingly made the expo just a tad funny, considering they're always the same typical band of travelling "professionals". If you ask me, the "professionals" all figure that people can buy a book they write or simply learn how to do it themselves rather than robbing their wallets for differing divination measures & fleeing the city for another year.

philliploco
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Psychic fairs

Post by philliploco »

I sadly live in Boring Ottawa LOL
Are these Psychic fairs any good?

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

philliploco wrote:I sadly live in Boring Ottawa LOL
You might be better off starting new thread, instead of reviving one that's a decade old.

777Sloan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 777Sloan »

philliploco wrote:I sadly live in Boring Ottawa LOL
The idea of a psychic fair certainly sounds interesting. Might be one of the rare sort of public events I would bother to check to out.

Ah...realistically though, most psychic activity will likely be done quietly as individuals for most of us in this life. Society simply isn't evolved to the level to have figured out how to directly modify reality by will of thought, or particularly modify anyone's else's perception of such therein.

Return to “Off-Topic”