Is Left Hand Path forums being paid off?

General conversation and mundane matters.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

WTF apparently someone is paying to get Left Hand Path forums off the internet. Is this real? Someone is paying to keep information off the web? And if so who? Do anyone else know anything about this. I must admit that I am rather blown away by this. http://fraterhabilus.proboards.com/inde ... hread=4569
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*Cats are magical, the more you pet them the longer you both live--Unknown
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

Jastiv
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Jastiv »

Wow, I could sure use the money. Too bad 1 million won't even buy you a decent house these days, let alone give you enough to retire off of.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

It is still allot of money. It would fine buy a house in Norway. 1 million dollars is about 6 million Norwegian crowns. But I am dreaming here. The real question is who is paying this and why?
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

Torey
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Torey »

What a way to make money - just establish a bunch of a LHP forums and get paid to have them shut down. I personally am not sure that I believe this is happening, but it's interesting nonetheless.
"Death is delightful, Death is dawn - the waking from a weary night of fevers unto Truth and Light." ~James Russell Lowell

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

I have heard to all from inventions to web pages having been paid to shut down to prevent competition. I do not see it as impossible it could happen to forums to. In the vacancy left by OccultForums, there is plenty of room for crafty pepole to make a very big forum that can draw in allot of cash in the forum of advertisement and the like, and especially if there are few other big occult forums out there.

Jastiv
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Is Left Hand Path forums being paid off?

Post by Jastiv »

That is why it is good to be a member of multiple communities. That way, if one shuts down, you can continue the worthwhile conversations somewhere else.
Anyway, at this point here in 2020, I think shutting down LHP forums would be pointless, because more would just spring up somewhere else. In fact, I think if you want to make an investment, now would be the time to do it.

Return to “Off-Topic”