long time, new problem

General conversation and mundane matters.

weezyfosheezy
Forum Member
Forum Member

long time, new problem

Post by weezyfosheezy »

It's been a while probably over a year or so. Got diagnosed as a schizoaffective and started using forums to do with the mental illness and forgot about here. I am struck with an unanswered event again and can no longer enter my bedroom at night. Basically it was a dream where I saw myself floating just off the bed in an arch. The thing that got me freaked out the most (I have a lot of nightmares similar to that) was there was this white light being forced out of me into a blue edge that dissipated into the darkness. The feeling that accompanied was nothing short of traumatic sort of like being a little kid and watching mommy and daddy fight seriously (which is weird b/c im 26 and never saw my parents fight hard, just trying to give the most of the event I can).

This is so different then usual because a usual prayer for safety is enough to get me out of the dream, but this time I had to do five prayers (Praying for saftey, then Hail Mary, Our father twice) to get out of the dream which is a long time to see what I saw. It was powerful enough to seemingly burn in my memory. Any interpretation about what happened and why it affects me so much?

Sourcery10
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: long time, new problem

Post by Sourcery10 »

MM,

I wonder, have you ever thought that you may be experiencing out-of-the-body episodes? The fact that you say that you saw yourself floating in an arch suggests to me that you were in an hypnogogic state and saw your astral body. I admit that this can be a traumatic experience, especially when you were not expecting it or were not aware that such a thing could happen.

My interpretation of this is that you were being shown a new direction to follow, and that due to the unexpected nature of the gift, you baulked against it. I feel that you need to persevere until you are able to pass through the astral arch to tread the new path.

BB

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

May I ask why you find it so terrifying?

weezyfosheezy
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by weezyfosheezy »

Scared of the white light being forced out of me into a blue edge that dissipated into the darkness. Mostly the white part. Through contemplation I guess it's like something is being attempted to be taken from me. I should add that the week leading up to the event I had unremembered nightmares 4-5 times a night (probably a post-rem dream). That event is threatening to drive me insane again.

About the astral plane, is this occurance constantly happening, just this was the first time i actually saw it?

Lastly I do feel stupid for not seeing the Help thread until now haha

Return to “Off-Topic”