Accoustic music answers back (to electronic)

General conversation and mundane matters.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Accoustic music answers back (to electronic)

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

In the last few days I've been starting to catch up on some of this stuff and wow..... it seems like people are working with what would have typically been thought of as rather oblique instruments, like contra-bass flute or cajon (the second one of the coolest percussive instruments I've ever seen - gotta have one now!) and it's a bit like the accoustic musicians out there are taking the best of what's been established in electronic music rhythms and going classical/accoustic.

Some of you may be way ahead of me on this - are there any modern/neo-classical composers out there, I mean full orchestra and all, doing things on something like an IDM, tribal techno, hollow pipe, or dub frame of reference? It's the kind of stuff I would have loved to do but here in the states we have our stupid anathemas - ie. if you're a hippy and want to start a drum circle you can't stand that electronic music tripe, if you're an electronic musician you avoid that hippy tripe, and anyone whose into both is as timid about crossing boundaries as someone producing both dnb and commercial hip-hop would probably do absolutely everything in their power to make their hip hop sound as unrelated as possible to dnb and their dnb as unrelated as possible to their hip hop.

Anyway some of the vids that caught my interest:
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Accoustic music answers back (to electronic)

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

Cybernetic_Jazz wrote:In the last few days I've been starting to catch up on some of this stuff and wow..... it seems like people are working with what would have typically been thought of as rather oblique instruments, like contra-bass flute or cajon (the second one of the coolest percussive instruments I've ever seen - gotta have one now!)
Dude. Like. Where's that cajon?

akimbomoss
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by akimbomoss »

cyber. what if i told you the gods will pay for that instrument right [exclaim]

Return to “Off-Topic”