Poll: Introvert or extravert

General conversation and mundane matters.

Are you an introvert or extravert?

Introvert
52%
Leaning introvert
24%
In-between (ambivert)
19%
Leaning extravert
5%
Extravert
No votes
Not sure
No votes

Total votes: 21

Ušušur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Poll: Introvert or extravert

Post by Ušušur »

There's no some kind of big theory behind this. Just a simple poll out of curiosity.
Definitions in psychology vary, but in a nutshell;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraversi ... troversion

Extravert
...Extraverts tend to enjoy human interactions and to be enthusiastic, talkative, assertive, and gregarious. Extraverts are energized and thrive off of being around other people. They take pleasure in activities that involve large social gatherings, such as parties, community activities, public demonstrations, and business or political groups. They also tend to work well in groups[5] An extraverted person is likely to enjoy time spent with people and find less reward in time spent alone. They tend to be energized when around other people, and they are more prone to boredom when they are by themselves.

Introvert
...An introvert is likely to enjoy time spent alone and find less reward in time spent with large groups of people, though he or she may enjoy interactions with close friends. Trust is usually an issue of significance: a virtue of utmost importance to introverts is choosing a worthy companion. They prefer to concentrate on a single activity at a time and like to observe situations before they participate, especially observed in developing children and adolescents.[7] They are more analytical before speaking.[8] Introverts are easily overwhelmed by too much stimulation from social gatherings and engagement, introversion having even been defined by some in terms of a preference for a quiet, more minimally stimulating external environment.[9]

Feel free to add any thoughts.

palindrom
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Poll: Introvert or extravert

Post by palindrom »

hey ususur [happyface]

i don't know how to do these cool little waves on top of the "s" - pity, it looks very alive, your name with those "s"...

...ahja, the poll [grin]

i'm definitely an introvert, loving solitude and enjoying time spent on my own, reading, gardening, doing sports (on my own, no group-stuff). but i'm working with big groups of people every day, and i'm very chatty there; also i'm happy to start a conversation with just about anybody i meet.

...so, where does that place me? i'd say i'm firmly both.

double-vert?

[yay]

pali

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

I have thought similar to palindrom. I would answer both coz I love being at parties and with people but 60-70% of my time I am very silent and observativ. But when I want I can active my super party mode and I am very talkative(often very drunk n stoned) and have absolutly no problem sharing anything from my life. [thumbup]

So... Introextra or Extraintro? [eg]

Praise Teh Sun \[T]/ [cool]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

I feel like 90% of the Internet it INTJ. Or maybe it's just the websites I like to go to.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Ušušur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ušušur »

palindrom wrote:hey ususur [happyface]

i don't know how to do these cool little waves on top of the "s" - pity, it looks very alive, your name with those "s"...
It's read like 'sh' in shinobi. Never thought about it 'being alive' lol. [grin]

As for this whether someone is introvert or extravert, well, I'm no expert, but I think it comes down to how do you prefer to charge your batteries. Is it by being alone or by surrounding yourself with bunch of people?

This also doesn't mean introverts can't go out with people or that extraverts are unable being alone.
Frumens wrote:I feel like 90% of the Internet it INTJ. Or maybe it's just the websites I like to go to.
I think it's the websites. Usually on forums I find people more to my liking... while on social media I constantly feel surrounded by noisy chatter I would encounter being outside.

So far OF seems like a place of more-introverted people... not a surprise.

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

"Leaning Extravert"

Up until I was 22 when I joined the Army I consistently scored INTP on the myers briggs.

Didn't take the test for 4 years. Now I consistently score ENFP.

Tar_Ni
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Tar_Ni »

magari wrote:"Leaning Extravert"

Up until I was 22 when I joined the Army I consistently scored INTP on the myers briggs.

Where you interested in the occult in the army? A friend of mine had to hide his occult passion when joined the US military.

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

Modern psychologists don't take the Myers Briggs test seriously. It's normal for a personality traits it measures to change over your lifetime, and depending on the environment you're in.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

Tar_Ni wrote:

Where you interested in the occult in the army? A friend of mine had to hide his occult passion when joined the US military.
I had studied the occult extensively before I joined the Army. In the Army I kept the occult to myself mostly. Dropping pearls here and there for individuals who weren't complete swine.

Return to “Off-Topic”