Pharmacy/Pharmakeia=TheUseOfOrAdministrationOfDrugs

General conversation and mundane matters.

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Pharmacy/Pharmakeia=TheUseOfOrAdministrationOfDrugs

Post by Kami »

I remember a few years ago,
I had taken this pill called a "remeron",
Someone told me that they helped relax the muscles to help you sleep.

I had consumed four 45mg remerons *180?* .. and after about three minutes,
I felt my lungs and throat relax to such a low level - that I felt like I was dying because I could not breath anything but tiny little minute short inhales,
And it was dangerous to try and eat anything because my throat muscles felt deactivated.

And my auntie was there at the time too,
So I got scared that if I told my aunt what I had done - she'd get all frantic and annoying... so I decided not to let her know how I felt.

And I had to resort to using my "surging" ability to keep me awake, and pump all the remeron out faster.

And so after about 3 minutes after that,
I felt capable of breathing normally.

But check this out...

For some reason - there was this strange side effect,
That effect was: Whenever I heard a noise - it was surrounded by something white and smokey n' slightly colored - this visual presence tethered to noise ... appeared as quick as the sound comes; and disappears just as quick. ~

Through this "pharmacy drug" - in other Greek words "pharmakeia" - it allowed me to enter a mind state that allowed my brain to incorporate a visualization unto any sound.

Only while the rememon was in my system at such a high dose.

But yeah,

I guess - that is the real aim for most common witchcraft practices.

And do not worry about me,
I am not doing anything stupid like that anymore,
I was not gonna go through that again,
But it was a great way to accidentally discover a brain state phenomenon. ~

What can drug induced mental states be used for besides lazy and recreational use?

Stronger prayer?
Stronger heart coherence?
E.T.C.

tl;dr - How can herbs and man made chemicals be used to enhance and make successful: our magical practices to influence the mind of god/the universe/the mirroring intelligent field of energy that we call "empty space"?
|
Or how can we use such mind controlling substances to allow our altered state of consciousness to cheat in every day reality, to have an advantage or edge over most other people?

Or how can we "work our flesh" with technology to tamper old senses and even add new ones?
Last edited by Kami on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Pharmacy/Pharmakeia=TheUseOfOrAdministrationOfDrugs

Post by Kami »

http://www.spring.org.uk/2014/05/6-intr ... d-more.php

I just researched what I had experienced,
I Google'd "Seeing Sounds" and this is what I found!
My brain entered a state of "Chromesthesia".

[Chromesthesia is sound-to-colour synesthesia, the kind that intrigued the artist Wassily Kandinsky, and which many of his paintings attempt to evoke.

Here is one of his paintings, called “Yellow, Red and Blue”:

People with chromesthesia hear sounds and these automatically and unintentionally make them experience colours.

To someone who doesn’t experience this, it sounds weird or distracting, that you’d suddenly start seeing colours while listening to music, but to synesthetes who have grown up with this, it’s just their normal, everyday, experience.

It’s no more unsettling than having a particular song remind you of a place you used to live, perhaps less so.

The variety that’s been found even within this one type of synesthesia is mind-boggling.

Some of those with chromesthesia find the colours are projected into space in front of them; others see it in their ‘mind’s eye’.

Some only get the chromesthesia for spoken words, which are influenced by the voice’s accent, pitch and intonation; others just for music.

Here is a beautiful video that explores the connection between music and colour. The graphics are by motion graphics designer Esteban Diácono, and the music is “Slowly” by composer Ólafur Arnalds:]
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

Remeron isn't a muscle relaxant, it's mirtazapine, which is an anti-depressant. It's actually supposed to increase appetite too, and work as anti-anxiety medication. Either way, chromesthesia shouldn't be even a part of the side effects.
There is very limited experience with REMERON® (mirtazapine) Tablets overdose. In premarketing clinical studies, there were 8 reports of REMERON overdose alone or in combination with other pharmacological agents. The only drug overdose death reported while taking REMERON was in combination with amitriptyline and chlorprothixene in a non-US clinical study. Based on plasma levels, the REMERON dose taken was 30 to 45 mg, while plasma levels of amitriptyline and chlorprothixene were found to be at toxic levels. All other premarketing overdose cases resulted in full recovery. Signs and symptoms reported in association with overdose included disorientation, drowsiness, impaired memory, and tachycardia. There were no reports of ECG abnormalities, coma, or convulsions following overdose with REMERON alone.
It could however cause serotonin shock syndrome at 180mg, which can cause hallucinations and temporary cognitive re-association and thus chromesthesia. But that's just my idea, I'm not a total expert in pharmacology yet. Remeron is available over the counter nowadays because its patent expired long ago.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

hellebore
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by hellebore »

Kurokami wrote: People with chromesthesia hear sounds and these automatically and unintentionally make them experience colours.

To someone who doesn’t experience this, it sounds weird or distracting, that you’d suddenly start seeing colours while listening to music, but to synesthetes who have grown up with this, it’s just their normal, everyday, experience.

It’s no more unsettling than having a particular song remind you of a place you used to live, perhaps less so.
Far from being unsettling it's wonderfully life-enhancing! I have word-colour synesthesia and like most synesthetes I love it and only wish it was as intense as in childhood. As you point out there are numerous sub-types of synesthesia (many synesthetes have several) and the only sub-type that seems to present problems is sound-taste, where some sounds (often musical notes) create a horrible taste in the synesthete's mouth.

There's a lot of debate on synesthesia forums about the effect of various drugs and medications on the condition. With the exception of entheogens, most drugs seem to dull it for most people and that has certainly been my experience. Stress likewise.

If you're interested in reading more about it I'd recommend 'The Frog Who Croaked Blue - Synesthesia and the Mixing of the Senses' by Jamie Ward.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

Kurokami wrote:What can drug induced mental states be used for besides lazy and recreational use?
I would think for a magician the answer to this would be obvious.
However, 'drug induced mental states' aren't as delicious as using a plant medicine ceremonially.
How can herbs and man made chemicals be used to enhance and make successful: our magical practices to influence the mind of god/the universe/the mirroring intelligent field of energy that we call "empty space"?
The answer to this question belong to the shamans who practice the fasting and dieting of herbs/animals/minerals to connect with their governing Spirits. There are tons of books on Amazon about 'Plant Spirit Medicine'.
No one can give you the answers as wonderfully as direct experience (as you probably already know).
Or how can we use such mind controlling substances to allow our altered state of consciousness to cheat in every day reality, to have an advantage or edge over most other people?
Life Hacks -- I love 'em!
There is a difference between altered states of consciousness, and an altered perception of reality.
I wouldn't recommend going about 'every day reality' in an altered state of consciousness. It would be mentally and physically taxing. However, having a ceremony every now and again to alter your perception of reality is a wonderful thing. You could even call it Enlightening ;)
Think of these ceremonies as upgrading your software, and now you're going through life while operating version 2.6.1 instead of 2.5
Or how can we "work our flesh" with technology to tamper old senses and even add new ones?
Again, this comes with an altered perception of reality. Once you realize the potential of your senses, life will never be the same.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

hellebore wrote:
Kurokami wrote: People with chromesthesia hear sounds and these automatically and unintentionally make them experience colours.

Far from being unsettling it's wonderfully life-enhancing! I have word-colour synesthesia and like most synesthetes I love it and only wish it was as intense as in childhood. As you point out there are numerous sub-types of synesthesia (many synesthetes have several) and the only sub-type that seems to present problems is sound-taste, where some sounds (often musical notes) create a horrible taste in the synesthete's mouth.

There's a lot of debate on synesthesia forums about the effect of various drugs and medications on the condition. With the exception of entheogens, most drugs seem to dull it for most people and that has certainly been my experience. Stress likewise.

If you're interested in reading more about it I'd recommend 'The Frog Who Croaked Blue - Synesthesia and the Mixing of the Senses' by Jamie Ward.
Woooh, what if... there is an unaccounted for "synesthete".. out there?
That one being; a synesthete that somehow can see color of the body's electric and magnetic fields of vibration?

Maybe that explaines the people who can actually see "auras"!

Synesthete in my dfinition - means to experience two phenomena together. (Together, Feel)

This is the answer I have been looking for...
How to block out unwanted emotions through hacking into and altering our neural anatomy!

<('o_o)>
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

|
Spoiler:

hellebore
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by hellebore »

Kurokami wrote: Woooh, what if... there is an unaccounted for "synesthete".. out there?
That one being; a synesthete that somehow can see color of the body's electric and magnetic fields of vibration?

Synesthete in my dfinition - means to experience two phenomena together. (Together, Feel)

How to block out unwanted emotions through hacking into and altering our neural anatomy!

<('o_o)>
Some synesthetes see auras but whether the phenomenon is linked with their synesthesia is unclear - plenty of non-synesthetes see auras. There's a similar debate about a form of synesthesia called 'mirror-touch' where the synesthete physically feels something they see happening to another person. It's unclear whether this is synesthesia at play or heightened empathy.

A very small number of people develop synesthesia suddenly after a head injury, but I haven't read of a non-synesthete being able to induce any variant of the condition deliberately. Research psychologists are itching to find such examples.

How might synesthesia enable blocking of unwanted emotions - it's a spontaneous neuro-physiological condition which is largely unaffected by the person's emotional state? The work of Neil Slade et al on mental stimulation of the amygdala might be a more promising route.

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

hellebore wrote:
Kurokami wrote: Woooh, what if... there is an unaccounted for "synesthete".. out there?

<('o_o)>
Some synesthetes see auras but whether the phenomenon is linked with their synesthesia is unclear - plenty of non-synesthetes see auras. There's a similar debate about a form of synesthesia called 'mirror-touch' where the synesthete physically feels something they see happening to another person. It's unclear whether this is synesthesia at play or heightened empathy.

A very small number of people develop synesthesia suddenly after a head injury, but I haven't read of a non-synesthete being able to induce any variant of the condition deliberately. Research psychologists are itching to find such examples.

How might synesthesia enable blocking of unwanted emotions - it's a spontaneous neuro-physiological condition which is largely unaffected by the person's emotional state? The work of Neil Slade et al on mental stimulation of the amygdala might be a more promising route.
Synesthesia gave me an idea, that is how... lol.

If synesthesia is the experience of two simultaneous senses,
One tethered to a sense; such as sound2vision,

Then perhaps I can make a mental program that triggers positive feeling over negative feeling through the use of music and comedy.

If I can free rap my way out of embarrassing moments, if I can comedy my way out of undesirable situations... then eventually that pattern of behavior should be burned into my memory and when ever someone attempts to make me feel bad, I will know that I have the power to roast them and that putting any energy into their cry for attention would be time wasting, thus I would feel more peace than not, therefore whenever someone wants to harme with words - it won't work and I will have a good feeling tethered to any fool who tries to be a joker.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

|
Spoiler:

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Using technology to acquire synesthesia abilities.

I guess all of everything I want to do in this world is already being done,
I have recently been thinking about ways on how to trigger synesthesia abilities,
Perhaps through the flashing of lights in proper format through magic squares,
These light flasher magic squares would be different circuits for triggering different neural circuits.
Perhaps a mixture between glowing and flashing and their intensity levels.
And maybe sound would also play a role somehow.

D'x
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

|
Spoiler:

Return to “Off-Topic”