The flat earth

General conversation and mundane matters.

Yeshai
Forum Member
Forum Member

The flat earth

Post by Yeshai »

“If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.” - 1 John 5:9

The “witness of men”. Most of what you and I know, is the “witness of men”.
Everything I learned in school, the things my parents taught me, the things I read in textbooks all of my life, are all nothing more than the witness of men.

The masses believe what they have been told to believe, from the time they were born.

As a child, learning the fundamentals of the world, I have formed pillars within my mind, as every human being does. The pillars that support everything I know, my outlook on life, my perspective of the world.

When one of these pillars are torn down, it is inescapable that one's entire world is ripped apart, and rearranged in a quite different manner.

That is exactly what happened to me. One of the pillars upholding my proud way of thinking, was knocked town. And my world-view came down with it (pun intended).

This pillar was something etched into my brain as a tender child; the shape of the earth.

Growing up, you just dont question such simple things. But are they really so simple?
I have learned to question everything.
The world is round, because my teacher said so, because her teacher said so, because NASA says so.

My friends, allow me to present a radical notion to you.
First let me clarify, I am not here to debate. I will not debate. That is not the purpose of this thread. I am aware of the arguments against this theorey, and I assure you there is an equal counter-argument.

If you have the patience, here is a video that is a good initiation into the theory in question:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuvPAm9XIsY[/youtube]

The flat earth model would seem to explain the following Bible passages:

“Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.” Revelation 1:7 (How could every eye see the Messiahs return, if He is returning at the Temple Mount, and there are people on the other side of the globe?)

“And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.” Revelation 7:1

“And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.” Revelation 6:13 (Here, the stars are not gigantic balls of burning gas, millions of times bigger than the earth, but lights placed in the dome of heaven, which will be cast down)

Please read https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm

Are we to accept by blind faith that NASA is telling us the truth?

Ever since my eyes were opened to this controversy, some time ago, it has truly affected my everyday life.
I behold creation with a new sense of awe, and wonder. I feel closer to the Creator.
Attachments
11248163_1441966499447368_8065703154333440062_n.jpg
Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The flat earth

Post by cactusjack543 »

seems to skip out rightiousness .... . ..

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

cactusjack543 wrote:seems to skip out rightiousness .... . ..
That's what I was thinking.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Yeshai wrote: I am not here to debate. I will not debate.
Then what the fuck do you want?

antsubut
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by antsubut »

Desecrated wrote:
Yeshai wrote: I am not here to debate. I will not debate.
Then what the fuck do you want?
He wants us to just read and accept whatever he is peddling. [lol]

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

No debate from the OP makes this an easy rebuttal. Yey!

I put this together for my grandsons, as they had been exposed to the nonsense of flat Earth conspiracy and were wondering about it. A wise man once said: "Those who continue to deny the reality of proof, despite compelling evidence presented to them many times over, are fools and as such can be dismissed without further consideration".

The witness of men, indeed. You set up a false premise with that and then ran with it. I recommend the study of logic to you. It should help with understanding what a logical fallacy is and prevent the use of circular argument in future, perhaps. Other considerations such as the 'either or dichotomy' or 'excluded middle' and also 'fallacy by omission' may also be helpful to you.

However, here we do prefer to show our evidences and rebuttals, so here you go. There are simple experiments that can be done by any layperson in this article which can show you for yourself the concepts that are explained here, such as the sticks and the observation of horizons:

Varying Star Constellations

This observation was originally made by Aristotle (384-322 BCE), who declared the Earth was round judging from the different constellations one sees while moving away from the equator. After returning from a trip to Egypt, Aristotle noted that “there are stars seen in Egypt and Cyprus which are not seen in the northerly regions.”

This phenomenon can only be explained with a round surface, and Aristotle continued and claimed that the sphere of the Earth is “of no great size, for otherwise the effect of so slight a change of place would not be quickly apparent.” (De caelo, 298a2-10)
The farther you go from the equator, the farther the ‘known’ constellations go towards the horizon, and are replaced by different stars. This would not have happened if the world was flat.
flat stRS.jpg
flat stRS.jpg (2.86 KiB) Viewed 15212 times
not flat strs.jpg
not flat strs.jpg (3.88 KiB) Viewed 15211 times
Shadows ( and sticks... )

If you place a stick in the ground, it will produce a shadow. The shadow moves as time passes (which is the principle for ancient Shadow Clocks). If the world had been flat, then two sticks in different locations would produce the same shadow. But they don’t. This is because the earth is round, and not flat:
shodstickj.jpg
shodstickj.jpg (3.61 KiB) Viewed 15210 times
shadows sticks.jpg
shadows sticks.jpg (3.65 KiB) Viewed 15211 times

Seeing Farther from Higher

Standing in a flat plateau, you look ahead of you towards the horizon. You strain your eyes, then take out your favorite binoculars and stare through them, as far as your eyes (with the help of the binocular lenses) can see.

Then, you climb up the closest tree – the higher the better, just be careful not to drop those binoculars and break their lenses. You then look again, strain your eyes, stare through the binoculars out to the horizon.

The higher up you are the farther you will see. Usually, we tend to relate this to Earthly obstacles, like the fact we have houses or other trees obstructing our vision on the ground, and climbing upwards we have a clear view, but that’s not the true reason. Even if you would have a completely clear plateau with no obstacles between you and the horizon, you would see much farther from greater height than you would on the ground.
This phenomena is caused by the curvature of the Earth as well, and would not happen if the Earth was flat:
horizony.jpg
horizony.jpg (4.36 KiB) Viewed 15211 times
hozon.jpg
hozon.jpg (3.91 KiB) Viewed 15211 times

The Existence of Timezones

The time in New York, at the moment these words are written, is 12:00pm. The sun is in the middle of the sky (though it’s hard to see with the current cloud coverage). In Beijing, where Michael Phelps is likely getting ready for yet another gold medal, it’s 12:00am, midnight, and the sun is nowhere to be found.

In Adelaide, Australia, it is 1:30am. More than 13 hours ahead. There, the sunset is long gone – so much so, that it’s soon going to rise up again in the beginning of a new day. This can only be explained if the world is round, and rotating around its own axis. At a certain point when the sun is shining on one part of the Earth, the opposite side is dark, and vise versa. That allows for time differences and timezones, specifically ones that are larger than 12 hours.

Another point concerning timezones, the sun and flat/spherical Earth: If the sun was a “spotlight” (very directionally located so that light only shines on a specific location) and the world was flat, we would have seen the sun even if it didn’t shine on top of us (as you can see in the drawing below). The same way you can see the light coming out of a spotlight on a stage in the theater, even though you – the crowd – are in the dark. The only way to create two distinctly separate timezones, where there is complete darkness in one while there’s light in the other, is if the world is 'spherical'
timezone1.jpg
timezone1.jpg (3.6 KiB) Viewed 15210 times
timezone1.jpg
timezone1.jpg (3.6 KiB) Viewed 15210 times
timezone2.jpg
timezone2.jpg (4.92 KiB) Viewed 15210 times
The Moon

Now that humanity knows quite positively that the Moon is not a piece of cheese or a playful god, the phenomena that accompany it (from its monthly cycles to lunar eclipses) are well-explained. It was quite a mystery to the ancient Greeks, though, and in their quest for knowledge, they came up with a few insightful observations that helped humanity figure out the shape of our planet. Aristotle (who made quite a lot of observations about the spherical nature of the Earth) noticed that during lunar eclipses (when the Earth’s orbit places it directly between the Sun and the Moon, creating a shadow in the process), the shadow on the Moon’s surface is round.

This shadow is the Earth’s, and it’s a great clue on the spherical shape of the Earth. Since the earth is rotating (see the “Foucault Pendulum” experiment for a definite proof, if you are doubtful), the consistent oval-shadow it produces in each and every lunar eclipse proves that the earth is not only round but spherical – absolutely, utterly, beyond a shadow of a doubt not flat. The tides on Earth are mostly generated by the gradient in intensity of the Moon's gravitational pull from one side of Earth to the other, the tidal forces. This forms two tidal bulges on Earth, which are most clearly seen in elevated sea level as ocean tides.

Because Earth spins about 27 times faster than the Moon moves around it, the bulges are dragged along with Earth's surface faster than the Moon moves, rotating around Earth once a day as it spins on its axis. The ocean tides are magnified by other effects: frictional coupling of water to Earth's rotation through the ocean floors, the inertia of water's movement, ocean basins that get shallower near land, and oscillations between different ocean basins. The tidal effect of the Sun on Earth's oceans is almost half that of the Moon, and their gravitational interplay is responsible for spring and neap tides
Refer to the following image for more details on what happens during a lunar eclipse:
eclipses.jpg
2 moons.jpg
Ships and the Horizon

If you’ve been next to a port lately, or just strolled down a beach and stared off vacantly into the horizon, you might have, perhaps, noticed a very interesting phenomenon: approaching ships do not just “appear” out of the horizon (like they should have if the world was flat), but rather emerge from beneath the sea.

But – you say – ships do not submerge and rise up again as they approach our view (except in “Pirates of the Caribbean”, but we are hereby assuming that was a fictitious movie). The reason ships appear as if they “emerge from the waves” is because the world is not flat: it’s round.
Imagine an ant walking along the surface of an orange, into your field of view. If you look at the orange “head on”, you will see the ant’s body slowly rising up from the “horizon”, because of the curvature of the Orange. If you would do that experiment with a long road, the effect would have changed: The ant would have slowly ‘materialized’ into view, depending on how sharp your vision is.
antorange.jpg
antorange.jpg (6.49 KiB) Viewed 15210 times
Geodesy:

Geodesy, also called geodetics, is the scientific discipline that deals with the measurement and representation of the Earth, its gravitational field and geodynamic phenomena (polar motion, Earth tides, and crustal motion) in three-dimensional time-varying space.
Geodesy is primarily concerned with positioning and the gravity field and geometrical aspects of their temporal variations, although it can also include the study of Earth's magnetic field. Especially in the German speaking world, geodesy is divided into geomensuration ("Erdmessung" or "höhere Geodäsie"), which is concerned with measuring the Earth on a global scale, and surveying ("Ingenieurgeodäsie"), which is concerned with measuring parts of the surface.
geodesy.jpg
geodesy.jpg (10.62 KiB) Viewed 15210 times
The Earth's shape can be thought of in at least two ways;

As the shape of the geoid, the mean sea level of the world ocean; or

As the shape of Earth's land surface as it rises above and falls below the sea.

As the science of geodesy measured Earth more accurately, the shape of the geoid was first found not to be a perfect sphere but to approximate an oblate spheroid, a specific type of ellipsoid. More recent measurements have measured the geoid to unprecedented accuracy, revealing mass concentrations beneath Earth's surface.

Causes for geoid anomalies

Gravity and Geoid anomalies caused by various crustal and lithospheric thickness changes relative to a reference configuration. All settings are under local isostatic compensation.

Variations in the height of the geoidal surface are related to density anomalous distributions within the Earth. Geoid measures help thus to understand the internal structure of the planet. Synthetic calculations show that the geoidal signature of a thickened crust (for example, in orogenic belts produced by continental collision) is positive, opposite to what should be expected if the thickening affects the entire lithosphere.

Specifically, the geoid is the equipotential surface that would coincide with the mean ocean surface of the Earth if the oceans and atmosphere were in equilibrium, at rest relative to the rotating Earth and extended through the continents (such as with very narrow canals). According to Gauss, who first described it, it is the "mathematical figure of the Earth", a smooth but highly irregular surface whose shape results from the uneven distribution of mass within and on the surface of the Earth.

It does not correspond to the actual surface of the Earth's crust, but to a surface which can only be known through extensive gravitational measurements and calculations. Despite being an important concept for almost two hundred years in the history of geodesy and geophysics, it has only been defined to high precision since advances in satellite geodesy in the late 20th century. It is often described as the true physical figure of the Earth, in contrast to the idealized geometrical figure of a reference ellipsoid.

In geodesy, a reference ellipsoid is a mathematically defined surface that approximates the geoid, the truer figure of the Earth, or other planetary body. Because of their relative simplicity, reference ellipsoids are used as a preferred surface on which geodetic network computations are performed and point coordinates such as latitude, longitude, and elevation are defined.
geodesy2.jpg

The gravitational field of the earth is neither perfect nor uniform. A flattened ellipsoid is typically used as the idealized earth, but even if the earth were perfectly spherical, the strength of gravity would not be the same everywhere, because density (and therefore mass) varies throughout the planet. This is due to magma distributions, mountain ranges, deep sea trenches, and so on.

If that perfect sphere were then covered in water, the water would not be the same height everywhere. Instead, the water level would be higher or lower depending on the particular strength of gravity in that location.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

First let me clarify, I am not here to debate. I will not debate. That is not the purpose of this thread. I am aware of the arguments against this theorey, and I assure you there is an equal counter-argument.
No, let me clarify for you:

We are a discussion forum. Challenging statements will be challenged here and we do not encourage or promote preaching, so it does not matter what you attempt to dictate regarding this thread, it is not for you to tell any other member here what they can or cannot say, or where or how they can or cannot say it.

And, for that matter, 'the counter argument' as you put it, is not equal and is deeply flawed, so there's that too.

This is already starting to look like a fighting thread, I will not lock it yet, but it's looking ripe so far.

Also: to anyone interested: do not be fooled by my recent member status on the sidebar, I am still staff here and moderation is still in use on the site.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

cactusjack543
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cactusjack543 »

Spida wrote:
cactusjack543 wrote:seems to skip out rightiousness .... . ..
That's what I was thinking.
your thy only one that sais anything there all actors....

Yeshai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yeshai »

Hello everyone, and thanks for the replies.
It was not my intention for folks to not voice their opinions against mine in this thread. I fully expected to discuss this topic. I did not, and do not, want to resort to arguing and fighting in a childlike manner, as happens much too often on internet forums. I do apologise for the confusion, and will be sure to phrase my intentions more correctly next time.

Before I reply to any more comments, I would like to point out that I said "since my eyes were opened to this controversy" my life has changed. I did not say "since I have accepted the flat earth theory".
I do not believe, with 100% certainty, that the earth is flat. Likewise, I do not believe with 100% certainty the earth is spherical.

Yeshai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yeshai »

Nahemah,
I spent the last half hour writing a lengthy topic full of links and pictures and detailed explanations. Then my laptop decided to throw it all away. Now im tired and cranky and have an orthodontist appointment tomorrow morning so I will not be going into detail tonight.

I'm not sure you fully understand the flat earth model. Standing on opposite ends of a flat earth, I would certainly see a difference of the stars in heaven.
As for timezones, this is perfectly explained by the course of the sun. Take a look: Image

In fact, take a look at this website, if you care. http://www.testingtheglobe.com/quest2.html I'm going to bed and dont care to type any more tonight.
I will chime in again tomorrow, if my day permits me.

Yeshai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yeshai »

About the ships disappearing over the horizon, http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za32.htm. This article explains it in depth. (Pun intended, again)

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

I believe the Earth is Spherical. I've heard the arguments on both sides,
or some of them, when I happened to be paying attention.

I will say though that the Flat Earthers are REALLY going out of their way to prove their Model.

I admit Gravity is still a bit of a mystery. The weakest of the Four Fundamentals,
if in fact it is a Force(Gravitons), or the effect of matter warping space.

But hey, as far as the Flat Earth. If you can get the majority of the people
to believe in an Eternal Frying Pan, then why not a Flat Earth.
Maybe just to see if it can be done, to prepare for the Main Event.
Whatever that is.

I honestly haven't put the two models under intense scrutiny, as others have.
Maybe just because at the present, I have other things to do, and just don't care enough.

So with my current knowledge set, it's, the Earth is Round.
And Status Quo...

Peace.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

equalavor
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by equalavor »

All I have to say on this matter is: Get a Pilot's License and take a craft up. You'll be able to prove for yourself, without a doubt, that the world is indeed Round. You don't even need to get very high up.

There are more Aerospace organizations than just NASA. They all tend to agree with each other.
'No one appreciates good metaphors anymore.'

Yeshai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yeshai »

equalavor wrote:All I have to say on this matter is: Get a Pilot's License and take a craft up. You'll be able to prove for yourself, without a doubt, that the world is indeed Round. You don't even need to get very high up.

There are more Aerospace organizations than just NASA. They all tend to agree with each other.
It may interest you that I have my pilots license. I fly twice a week in a single engine air plane, in the area I live. In fact, I was flying at 5:30pm today. I have never noticed any curvature to the earth from the sky.

Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Eremita »

LMAO!

You can figure out whether the earth is flat or spherical for the cost of a plane ticket. You're welcome! :D

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Nature already hints at the earth being round.

For example,
Anything that is suspended in empty space without a connection to any ground - usually ends up spherical,
But not the clouds - because the winds are always scattering the water.

Bubbles are round and are suspended in free space.

The moon is round and is suspended in free space.

Ball lightning or orb ufos are spherical in light form whilst suspended in free space and moves independent of local air currents.

Our Sun is round and is suspended in free space.

Our earth - is suspended in free space,
What makes you think it isn't round as well?

But - for a friend who believes that the earth is flat,
I forced my self to believe in the possibility of our earth being flat,
Because he deserves support from me.

So I came up with theoretical conditions that could - "hypothetically" ... Allow for a flat earth to be conceivable.

First off,
If the earth IS flat,
Then it has to be upside down and falling with the the rest of everything in outer space.
And while we are underneath it,
To us - "down" would seem to be "up".
If we jump off a falling earth that is upside down - *simple as jumping off the ground*,
The falling earth catches up to us.
E.T.C.
|
It makes sense,
But is most likely not probable.

To help you see how it makes sense,
Check this out,
If you take a book and place several army men on it,
Titling it ever so slightly and then quickly begin spinning in which ever direction,
You will see that the army stick onto the surface of the book.
So now the book is standing up and the army men still aren't falling.

The same would happen if the book was falling while the army men were underneath it.

I lean more towards the earth being round - simply because mother nature proves it to me,
Not because people tell me it is round,
Not because supposed credible sources claim so,
But because through simple observation of physics - indicates so.

The flat earth model that I had to create in order to support my best friend,
Is the only way a flat earth would make any sense.

But yeah,
I hope you enjoyed my "Two Cents" on this subject. ~

As for gravity,
I do not consider it to be a force like magnetism between two magnets,
But instead - I consider "gravity" to be more of a spacial condition.
There are no forces as such,
Just conditions.

For example,
Let's pretend that your flat bed is outerspace,
And you place a bowling ball on the center of your bed - let's also pretend that the bowling ball is the sun.
The fabric of your bed bends,
And is no longer flat,
So if you were to place marbles - *let's pretend they are planets* near the ends of the bed,
What happends?
They move towards the bowling ball,
Not because of any force,
But because there is empty space to move in,
And there is a curvature on the bed

The bowling ball is not a magnet,
Nor are the marbles,
It is just a matter of "condition".

At least - that is what physics is showing me.

Maybe I'm wrong,
But that's my opinion.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

TruthSeeker_
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TruthSeeker_ »

Sicne you're not looking for a debate, I'll only say that your conjectures are flat-out wrong!

Yeshai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yeshai »

Eremita wrote:LMAO!

You can figure out whether the earth is flat or spherical for the cost of a plane ticket. You're welcome! :D
As already stated, I do quite a bit of flying. Probably more than you do, and I've never noticed the earth to be spherical.

Yeshai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yeshai »

Kurokami wrote:Nature already hints at the earth being round.

For example,
Anything that is suspended in empty space without a connection to any ground - usually ends up spherical,
But not the clouds - because the winds are always scattering the water.

Bubbles are round and are suspended in free space.

The moon is round and is suspended in free space.

Ball lightning or orb ufos are spherical in light form whilst suspended in free space and moves independent of local air currents.

Our Sun is round and is suspended in free space.

Our earth - is suspended in free space,
What makes you think it isn't round as well?

But - for a friend who believes that the earth is flat,
I forced my self to believe in the possibility of our earth being flat,
Because he deserves support from me.

So I came up with theoretical conditions that could - "hypothetically" ... Allow for a flat earth to be conceivable.

First off,
If the earth IS flat,
Then it has to be upside down and falling with the the rest of everything in outer space.
And while we are underneath it,
To us - "down" would seem to be "up".
If we jump off a falling earth that is upside down - *simple as jumping off the ground*,
The falling earth catches up to us.
E.T.C.
|
It makes sense,
But is most likely not probable.

To help you see how it makes sense,
Check this out,
If you take a book and place several army men on it,
Titling it ever so slightly and then quickly begin spinning in which ever direction,
You will see that the army stick onto the surface of the book.
So now the book is standing up and the army men still aren't falling.

The same would happen if the book was falling while the army men were underneath it.

I lean more towards the earth being round - simply because mother nature proves it to me,
Not because people tell me it is round,
Not because supposed credible sources claim so,
But because through simple observation of physics - indicates so.

The flat earth model that I had to create in order to support my best friend,
Is the only way a flat earth would make any sense.

But yeah,
I hope you enjoyed my "Two Cents" on this subject. ~

As for gravity,
I do not consider it to be a force like magnetism between two magnets,
But instead - I consider "gravity" to be more of a spacial condition.
There are no forces as such,
Just conditions.

For example,
Let's pretend that your flat bed is outerspace,
And you place a bowling ball on the center of your bed - let's also pretend that the bowling ball is the sun.
The fabric of your bed bends,
And is no longer flat,
So if you were to place marbles - *let's pretend they are planets* near the ends of the bed,
What happends?
They move towards the bowling ball,
Not because of any force,
But because there is empty space to move in,
And there is a curvature on the bed

The bowling ball is not a magnet,
Nor are the marbles,
It is just a matter of "condition".

At least - that is what physics is showing me.

Maybe I'm wrong,
But that's my opinion.
I appreciate your input.

From my understanding, according to the flat earth theory, there is no "outer space". What is on the outside of the earth is, to me, what is on the outside of the universe to you. The stars and heavenly bodies would be contained within the "dome" that covers the earth. Rather than a ball floating in outer space (or rather, spinning at 1000mph, while hurling through space around the sun, which is also hurling through space in a galaxy that is also hurling through space, as we are told to believe), the earth is a plane, fixed and stationary, resting upon the "pillars of the earth", which go down into the abyss or "the deep".

Yeshai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yeshai »

TruthSeeker_ wrote:Sicne you're not looking for a debate, I'll only say that your conjectures are flat-out wrong!
Or maybe I'm just plane crazy [lol]

Yeshai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yeshai »

Another interesting bit on ships disappearing over the horizon,
Looking through a telescope at the "disappearing" ship grants full visibility of the supposed partially hidden vessel.
This would suggest than the "disappearing over the horizon" phenomenon is, in fact, an illusion, and is not caused by any curvature of the earth.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Yeshai, you really need to learn some basic science, your 'suggestions'' are not well grounded and are easily disproved. I am not a science teacher, but if other members feel like explaining at length, they are more than welcome to. Flat Earth hypothesis fans will not listen to reason anyway, so it would no doubt be a futile exercise.

http://listverse.com/2016/02/01/10-absu ... theorists/

So, NASA: Nazi conspiracy or Jewish?

But seriously. WTF is wrong with these people?

Thankfully mobile phone engineers accept the Earth is an oblate spheroid, or your smartphone GPS wouldn't work.

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Nahemah wrote:Yeshai, you really need to learn some basic science, your 'suggestions'' are not well grounded and are easily disproved. I am not a science teacher, but if other members feel like explaining at length, they are more than welcome to. Flat Earth hypothesis fans will not listen to reason anyway, so it would no doubt be a futile exercise.

http://listverse.com/2016/02/01/10-absu ... theorists/

So, NASA: Nazi conspiracy or Jewish?

Thankfully mobile phone engineers accept the Earth is an oblate spheroid, or your smartphone GPS wouldn't work.
What if someone is threatening them? xD
Or... Lol,
What if - they were raised to believe it and do not know the difference between fact and fiction? x3
Or... Haha - check this out,
What if... They are trolls?

But um - yeah uh ... I honestly have no clue w.t.f. is wrong with them. :/
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

I have an actual question.

Why?
I looked into it. There are 56 countries that have man-made satellites in orbit, 10 countries with space programs and another 20 private institutes that have satellites. I tried finding out how many picture of earth has been taken from outer space but there are hundreds. Not 1 hundred, several hundreds. In plural.

SO, basically every major government, every major science institute, every large corporation, every board of education is lying to us. This is the biggest conspiracy in the history of mankind.
Why?

What's the point of it.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Why?
I looked into it. There are 56 countries that have man-made satellites in orbit, 10 countries with space programs and another 20 private institutes that have satellites. I tried finding out how many picture of earth has been taken from outer space but there are hundreds. Not 1 hundred, several hundreds. In plural.

SO, basically every major government, every major science institute, every large corporation, every board of education is lying to us. This is the biggest conspiracy in the history of mankind.
Why?

What's the point of it.
I'm totally with you on this. I know, the sheer overwhelming weight of evidence from multiple and many sources, which cannot possibly be conspiring together all the time, coupled with easily observable and simple experiments even children can perform successfully and many times over with the same result, are all shooed away with a 'my ignorance is as good as your knowledge' shrug of the shoulders. Physics can be challenging at times, so it is noticeable that the disavowals tend to take the same path, the vaguest one. It's always localised short distance perspective that is used to deny curvature, for instance, even though the apparent perspective is different from the actual reality and is of course relative to the spatial theatre the observer is placed within. Many lay people get blinded a few steps in to the science, by the sheer amount of maths and geometry involved, so the alternative seems reasonable, as it's easier to take in. Bounded rationality comes into play here.

It has been suggested to me in conversation, that this is a play or ploy, an open source experiment if you will, in it's own right, to test the credulity of the greater public. This suggestion seems relatively reasonable to me and it strikes me as perhaps correlative with the recent thrust of right wing media in western societies. Discordian style interesting, actually, lol. But seriously.

The Nazi/Jewish conspiracy thing against NASA and Space Science generally, that was quite new to me, hence my shock above, but not really surprising, sadly. Seems JOS and other cults are also beginning to sit up and take notice of this new ' infowars battleground' too, perhaps they feel this may make them relevant again, in the wider Occult community? I hope not. It doesn't.

I dunno, conspiracies everywhere!! Everything will kill you!!! All the time!!

There isn't enough desk for my head on this one. [evil] [lol] [crazy]

P.S. I have religious friends who have no problem accepting the evidence of Earth's oblate spheroidalness, the see it as part of the work of the creator/s they believe in, I like this and I do not have a problem with this view, though it is not my own. Just saying.

Return to “Off-Topic”