A few non occult books you should read

General conversation and mundane matters.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

A few non occult books you should read

Post by RockDemon »

Two non occult books I would like to recommend are
1. How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie
2. Soft Skills by John Somez

I recommend these books in an occult forum because I think many people just need these instead of magic and also these books have connection to the occult in some subtle ways.

1. How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie

For a while I was thinking about this book as bag of some cheap tricks. Probably because of its name and the way it is marketed. But I was seeing it recommended everywhere! And when I was reading the second book I recommend here this book was mentioned again. I got fed up and decided to read it and see what all the fuss is about.
Now after reading this book I must say it is one of the best books ever. It is all about taking your relationships and communications be they personal,business or political to a whole new level. The level of Jesus Christ, Buddas etc. If you are a fan of "loving thy neighbor" this book will help you to practice what you preach. Read this book, understand others, help others, help yourself.

2. Soft Skills by John Somez

This book is all about taking your own life into your own hands. The author gives very detailed and practical advice in every aspect of one's life, from career and finances to health and spirituality. If you are a developer by profession all the better, since this book is more specifically targeted for developers, however if you are not I still insist you reading this because the advice in the book are based on universal principles and no matter your occupation you will be able to use it and take your life towards better.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: A few non occult books you should read

Post by Shinichi »

While you're on Carnegie, you should also read Public Speaking. There's been a lot of versions of it and other authors attempting to rewrite it for modern university courses, but it's basically the book form of the original courses he taught on how to speak effectively to both individuals and audiences. It's been especially good for introverts who don't always know how to articulate their thoughts, like me. [gz]

~:Shin:~

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Debbie ford - The Dark Side of the Light Chasers

It's a kind of "christian" new age self-help book. The author has worked with Deepak Chopra and people like that. But I actually liked the book.
It made me rethink some of my old relationships with people and even the way I think about my parents and how I act today because of them. It sounds really frilly on the outside, but it is a deep and challenging book. I really fucking recommend it.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

I'm not sure if this counts because I'm recommending it for occult/metaphysical reasons, but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland

Helped me immensely when it came to understanding the concept of different dimensions, planes of existence and so forth, despite not being an inherently occult/metaphysical book.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Rin wrote:I'm not sure if this counts because I'm recommending it for occult/metaphysical reasons, but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland

Helped me immensely when it came to understanding the concept of different dimensions, planes of existence and so forth, despite not being an inherently occult/metaphysical book.
That book is part of the Dover Thrift Editions. They only cost 3 bucks. I bought a whole bunch of them and gave them away as Christmas gifts. Everyone should read Flatland.

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Shinichi wrote:While you're on Carnegie, you should also read Public Speaking. There's been a lot of versions of it and other authors attempting to rewrite it for modern university courses, but it's basically the book form of the original courses he taught on how to speak effectively to both individuals and audiences. It's been especially good for introverts who don't always know how to articulate their thoughts, like me. [gz]

~:Shin:~

Return to “Off-Topic”