Books on kundalini

General conversation and mundane matters.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Books on kundalini

Post by Desecrated »

Introduction:

The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

Many people recommend the Commentary on the Raja Yoga Sutras by Sri Swami Satchidananda. I haven't read that one so I can't personally recommend it, But I do have a straight translation of the original text and I highly recommend reading it.

Wheels of Life: A User's Guide to the Chakra System

This isn't the most in depth book or advanced book out there, but it has sold 200.000 copies and you will see it being referenced over and over again, so it's a good introduction to the language and basic ideas.

Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha

Very easy to understand, very easy to work from.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kundalini:

The Serpent Power.

One of the first books published in English on Indian philosophy and cosmology; excellent esoteric resource, but challenging to read.

Stalking the Wild Pendulum:

On the Mechanics of Consciousness. Introduces idea of physio-Kundalini complex, and explores scientific approach to understanding consciousness.

Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man

First-person account of Gopi Krishna, an ordinary Indian householder who, at the age of thirty-four, after years of unsupervised meditation, suddenly experienced the awakening of kundalini during his morning practice

Kundalini Yoga: Sadhana Guidelines

"First Published in 1974, Kundalini Yoga Sadhana Guidelines is the best selling Kundalini Yoga manual of all time." This is not a deep philoophical book but a simple and straightforward manual on how to actually do it.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Books on kundalini

Post by Rin »

I think that if someone needs a book to practice kundalini yoga, they probably shouldn't be practicing kundalini yoga.

Nothing wrong with reading for it's own sake of course, but I think a disclaimer would be appropriate.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Rin wrote:I think that if someone needs a book to practice kundalini yoga, they probably shouldn't be practicing kundalini yoga.

Nothing wrong with reading for it's own sake of course, but I think a disclaimer would be appropriate.
That is a perfectly fine argument.
It can be pretty risky and almost everyone recommends seeking out a teacher for doing this kind of practice.
But, there was a member who requested this, so I posted it.

शक्ति
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by शक्ति »

Thank you, one of those, who requested was me.

शक्ति
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by शक्ति »

Dear Rin, thank you for your careful approach /I felt caring attitude in your message/. Kindly ask you not to worry for me. As a beginner I practice very simple Asana's for few months and have felt only positive changes. I need more trustful resources on the topic for knowledge extension, also I am sure there are things which can become known through practice and wisdom... I trust in me. Sat Nam.

Once again thank you for your advice.

Return to “Off-Topic”