This was in my house...

General conversation and mundane matters.

chowderpope
Forum Member
Forum Member

This was in my house...

Post by chowderpope »

camelspider.jpg
camelspider2.jpg
Awake from sleep! Remember you're the son of a Great King, see to whom you're enslaved!

Shawn Blackwolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: This was in my house...

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Yeah...never liked those spiders , myself...scary looking things...

However , if we take it as a "sign" , and interpret it...

You would be dealing with the camel , associated with the path of the High Priestess
on the Tree Of Life...interestingly , this is associated with the so called "false sephirah"
Da'ath , which acts as a wormhole to the backside of the Tree , or Mirror Universe...

http://www.qabalah.dk/Paths/13gimelhighpriestess.html

http://inthedark.ning.com/groups/study- ... e-qlippoth

As Kenneth Grant and others have written about , the spider is symbolic of the reverse side of the Tree ,
yet the initiatress , and challenger on the initiate's path...

I would incorporate all meanings of the above , if I chose to see the appearance as a sign of more than
a "normal" visitor to your household... [wink]

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Free protein.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

That is an ugly spider. I see wolf spiders around the house sometimes. I don't mind those. The most aggressive bug that invades my home on occasion is the Earwig. They will feed off you while you are sleeping. Especially if you have any exposed cuts or scrapes. Their bite feels like a mild electric shock. I learned that from experience, so an effort is made to eliminate areas of entry.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

sirot
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by sirot »

If I saw this in my house, I'd burn it to the ground.

Malogranatum
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Malogranatum »

It kind of looks pregnant... [zomg]
Chaos Witch + Tarot Reader

DWilke
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by DWilke »

That seriously looks like a camel spider, I hate those things. I had one run at me when I was active duty and under the cargo floor of a C17 inspecting the floor for repair. Yeah, eff those things...
" And where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god..." -Joseph Campbell

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

The first time I ever heard of a camel spider was watching a documentary on PBS about these guys that thought they found the Lost City of Ubar hidden under the sand. One of them said that they slept out in the desert one night (or maybe in their jeep) and when he woke up in the morning, there was a camel spider on his face. He got it off and then looked at his face in the mirror on the jeep and found that the spider had eaten off his nose. They mentioned that they have some sort of venom or something that is like an anasthetic.
Link Removed by Admin - No links in Signature

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Occultess wrote:The first time I ever heard of a camel spider was watching a documentary on PBS about these guys that thought they found the Lost City of Ubar hidden under the sand. One of them said that they slept out in the desert one night (or maybe in their jeep) and when he woke up in the morning, there was a camel spider on his face. He got it off and then looked at his face in the mirror on the jeep and found that the spider had eaten off his nose. They mentioned that they have some sort of venom or something that is like an anasthetic.
I definitely didn't want that imagery in my mind.. [neutral3]

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

If it makes everyone feel better, most of the stories about camel spiders are myths! They are nonvenomous. A bite from one would definitely hurt but won't make your face fall off or anything like that. They're just ugly as hell by human standards, which apparently gives people license to crush and destroy them.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

the_spiral wrote:They're just ugly as hell by human standards, which apparently gives people license to crush and destroy them.
Very relatable.. [stare]

Hound
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hound »

the_spiral wrote:If it makes everyone feel better, most of the stories about camel spiders are myths!
Indeed. Spiders tend to get a bad wrap. Even some of the most venomous in the world aren't really a danger to human beings. The six-eyed sand spider, although widely feared, has only been recorded biting a human... twice. They're extremely non-confrontational.

Return to “Off-Topic”