Where did everyone go?

General conversation and mundane matters.

Bobertt
Forum Member
Forum Member

Where did everyone go?

Post by Bobertt »

Im still new to the site but i have been browsing it since the beginning of the year and i notice there are a lot less people and posts since then. Is there another site that everyone went to or some other reason?

Napoli
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Where did everyone go?

Post by Napoli »

Bobertt wrote:Im still new to the site but i have been browsing it since the beginning of the year and i notice there are a lot less people and posts since then. Is there another site that everyone went to or some other reason?
I don't know why the site is abandoned. Certain members have migrated to other occult forums like 'Studio Arcanis' and 'Occult Corpus'.
In my sword I trust.

- Ensiferum

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by CCoburn »

From what I observed basically all of the staff left, so when the site had issues there was no one around to fix it although Stukov(admin) pops in every now and then, and I believe Rock Demon(Mod) made a rare appearance fairly recently, but in general all the staff have left which in essence puts the place on borrowed time.

Occult Corpus has issues as well, but also has a few active staff members. I tried to register at Studio Arcanis a couple times, but it didn't go through so I said fuck it. I know other people have had issues signing up there as well so it requires a bit more effort than it should, but I see new members popping up there occasionally. Wizards Forum went sideways as well.

It is my understanding that occult forums in general are consistently plagued by issues and poor ownership, but there are always a few loyal members that go down with the ship such as Napoli and CyberneticJazz.

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Everything that has beginning, must have an end..
All that was ever created, was merely borrowed. And when time is due, must be returned to the Lords of Chaos and Decay.

In the light of Her candle, I pour rum. In the light of Her candle, I place flowers.
In the light of Her candle, I offer candies, and coins, and bright-colored cloth.
She comes as She always comes: with a rattle of bones.
She comes as She always comes: with the scent of sun-warmed sand.
She comes as She always comes: with the taste of dust and brack water.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

:shrug:

The egregore spit em out I suppose. We taste better. :)
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Jastiv
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Jastiv »

I have an account on both studio acanis and occult corpus. Unfortunately, Occult corpus is no longer functions, I get some sql error every time I visit the site, although it used to be one of my favorite go to sites. I'll admit I've followed the evil marking man and made and posted on BALG a lot. I love the discourse forums. Now, I know he put up the forums just to boost his business and stuff, but my understanding is that Discourse is more expensive to run than other types of forums I could be wrong though. Occasionally I visited some forums/groups on facebook and reddit, but its really more of a once in a while thing.

nametaken12323
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by nametaken12323 »

I only see guests and the bots online.
null

borealis
System Administrator
System Administrator

Post by borealis »

nametaken12323 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:23 am I only see guests and the bots online.
There was a spike in activity when we reopened, but it's dwindling. We never had more than a couple registered users online at once this time around. I think when everyone sees how slow the activity is, they want to see more posts happening, but they don't want to make the posts themselves because they are afraid their energy will be wasted if no one else is active. But, that mindset prevents anyone from posting because they're all waiting for each other. So, it's really hard to get a site that has slowed down this much back off the ground in my experience. I've tried interacting with a bunch of threads, but it doesn't look good if I'm the only one posting either.

All it would take is a few active users making posts regularly to spark the flame, as long as they don't give up on it. People want to interact with sites with an active community.

I assume everyone is on Facebook and Reddit, which is why sites like this are rare nowadays.

Jastiv
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Jastiv »

I'm in a lot of active groups on facebook, but honestly I don't want to get too personal on facebook, not with everyone seeing every damn thing I post and potentially take it out of context. Also, face book is terrible for long involved multi-paragraph posts like you see on forums. I feel like facebook, just the way its set up, forces discussions to be more superficial and stupid. I also have an account on reddit, and it has a bunch of noobs and other things that aren't well categorized. I feel like super general forums aren't the greatest to get good information on the occult. I'm on a few other serious occult forums, but I won't advertise them here. I'm sure people who want to find them can go looking for them.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

My own notes on Facebook - if it's not memes no one pays attention. I know a few pessimists who'll post page long rants by existentialist philosophers and in that little niche it works but outside that anything that takes attention is silent.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Cerber

Post by Cerber »

Thus I proclaim this sacred space to be my personal blog. If any person here can show just cause why thus may not be fair and just act - let them speak now or forever hold their peace. In accordance to tradition, let us wait now for three bells for all in doubt to oppose. And on the third bell, by the power vested in me by the twelve divine thrones, it shall be sealed what was declared, and that seal shall not be broken by man or any other, until the day I get bored.

Return to “Off-Topic”