Do any of you play RPG games?

General conversation and mundane matters.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: sotha sil

i have a few dnd books but i think its to much to remember. me and my friends play in our own system, useing only the d20 and d6. we dont use any dungeon master. i think its funner with out one. we assign creatures, chests, junk, what ever to the numbers on the d20. the d6 we use for combat stuff.............

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: RedHorse
I have not tried Amber, what is it about? -Venefica
This may help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Diceless_Roleplaying_Game

It's based on Roger Zelazny's Amber setting, where only Amber is the true reality, and everything else is but a pale shadow of it.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

I do not know if you are on this site yet RedHorse but thank you for the link, very nice of you.

So to ask the question again on this new forum, do anyone here play RPG games?
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*Cats are magical, the more you pet them the longer you both live--Unknown
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

I haven't played in years, when I moved away from the hometown for university, I never quite found another group.

Used to play a lot of Vampire: The Masquerade, sometimes werewolf, and vast amounts of Cyberpunk 2020, I loved that game hehehe. Never did get my railgun though :P

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

I play both Vampire the Masqurade and Cyberpunk 2020 and a little Werewolf the Apocalypse. They are good games. :D
*Learn magic for it is the only truth of this reality, become magic and you will become the essence of that truth--Ars Magica
*The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper--Eden Phillpotts

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

Oh, I loved cyberpunk hehehe, there was one time when I fumbled on shooting an EMP gun, hit an old lady with a pacemaker >< sadistic GM that game :P

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

No myfriend's group had a little accident when they send a grenate up to the second floor with the elevator, the good result was that the enemies on the second floor got into truble, the bad news was that so did the roof structure to. :P

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

I've played a few MMO-RPG's in recent years.
i played a little bit of tabletop rpg with my boyfriend in high school.
and then of course there's always 'roll playing' in the bedroom sense... ;)
I've never played a larp or anything like that.
‘????????? - ????? ???????
Audaces fortuna iuvat
????

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

What table top games have you played Kath?

Goet
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Goet »

Videogamewise, I've played Final Fantasies 6 to 12 (not including 11) and FFTA1 &2, The Last Remnant and probably some other Squenix JRPGs I'm forgetting. I've dabbled with Planescape: Torment but didn't get too far.

P&Pwise, I've played and DM'd D&D 4E, played L5R and WFRP, know a decent amount about Unknown Armies and Call of Cthulhu, and have the sourcebooks for but never intend to play Shadowrun and Sengoku.

I'm kind of maybe a little bit of a geek.
"Magick changes to suit its times. Every earnest young punk has a theory about how magick works and why it takes the form it has, but there's no professor to grade the papers. No one knows nothing dead sure."

Kath
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kath »

Venefica wrote:What table top games have you played Kath?
a little D&D, one called 'gamma world', and another which i can't remember the name of. my bf in high school liked them a lot, I'm a little more ambivalent, but i have a good imagination :)

MMO's i've played are WoW, City of Heroes, and Age of Conan. The latter two of which I really like.
‘????????? - ????? ???????
Audaces fortuna iuvat
????

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Vampire,Masquerade also here.I used to play one called Dragon Warriors,from a set of six books,which we expanded on ourselves.I prefer being the gamemaster/storyteller to playing characters.
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

Vashta
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Vashta »

I must confess, I did LARP Vampire for a while too, I loved the sense of immersion you get from it.

And I used to get an extra experience point for my makeup when I played a Nosferatu ^_^

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

I love Vampire the Masquerade and all the World of Darkness games, both the old and new setting. I also love Unknown Armies, it is a wonderful game. I have not done much LARP but play allot around the table, or through forum based RPGs.

Mist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mist »

Vampire the Masquerade I found only fun playing as a Malkavian and a Nosferatu, after that you kind of knew there wasn't going to be anything special about the storyline.

Other favorites were Gothic 2 and Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

I used to play World of Warcraft until I realised that I could bash on my keyboard like a brainless zombie waiting for a bar to fill on a one-time-purchase or free (*cough*) game as well.

I wish I had ever played D&D or a tabletop RPG in general, cause I've never really met the right people to do so with.
Don't try to reason with your heart
or feel with your mind.
For just as the heart knows no logic,
the mind can't lead you to your soul.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

There are many play by post games out there. RPG games where you play by posting posts, you might find some interesting people to play with online. If you want I could post some links to various play by posts so you can see how it works. Here for example is some I have been a part of that I have later saved and PDFified and put up on my webpage:

http://sites.google.com/site/anjasspook ... me-archive

Mist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mist »

I find it a great way to pass time, but I often get confused about the situation (also English is not my native language either).
Have tried one like this before, but it quickly came to an end after lack of posting.
Also, many settings are quite unknown to me, but I would love some links so I can check around :3
or feel with your mind.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

Then I will dig out some links for you, what sort of games would you be interested in by the way, what settings?

Mist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mist »

I have no idea, although I am not much a fan of the futuristic.
I would dig for some myself but I'm afraid I'd probably just Google it and end up in a dead-end forum like the one I had previously visited.
or feel with your mind.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

I play on this site allot, it is mostly World of Darkness games, a series of modern horror games. The people here is nice and I have been on this site for years: http://thealistgroup.com/phpBB3/index.p ... 50edb9331c

I have just started to play at this game, it looks nice but I do not know if it will last yet: http://bishops-island.darkbb.com/index.htm

I will find some more links later, but these are the the two game sites that are in English and are not science fiction I am on right now.

Mist
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Mist »

I think I will get acquainted with the World of Darkness games and spend some time snooping around the first site you linked.
But not now, since I am quite busy reading and reading and reading not only things of my interest but for 3 re-exams so I can go to my final year at school. But I don't want to go entirely off topic here, what I mean is: don't stress it :P I think I will have enough to do with what you have linked me so far (if I manage to get any time to just relax at all the next 2 months -_-).
or feel with your mind.

Venefica
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Venefica »

Ok, I will see what I can find, and you have good luck on your exams. :D

Return to “Off-Topic”