So what do I do now?

General conversation and mundane matters.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: RifRaf

Most of my friends in the Military (mainly Marines) regret it to this day. Even those who didn't goto War. Think long and hard about that option.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: MatthewK
RifRaf;375864 wrote:Suicide....works for some.
Now you're starting to sound like my wife. She gets like that when she doesn't take her meds. Did you miss a dose? :p

Seriously though, I wouldn't put too much hope into the armed forces, it's a waste of time for anyone who thinks for themselves. And obviously if you're on an occult messageboard you probably would have a hard time "fitting in", so to speak, which is what the military thrives on. They want blank slates, programmable machines, bodies to fill a position. Not human beings with thoughts, feelings and ideas of their own.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: AstralMagickCraft

I don't want to miss the opportunity.

I wont regret it when it gives me a point lead on my opponent when running for office.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: Master 27

If you plan on becoming a politician, you should probably work on mending things with your family first.

All the dirt is going to be out when you enter the political scene, and I don't think many people would vote for someone who had obvious connections to the occult (like being a member of this forum, your family thinking you're Satanist, etc.).

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: RifRaf

When I got booted from my house I "couch surfed" at friends houses, and when I couldn't stay anywhere I would sleep in my car. After about 4 months of doing so I found a steady girlfriend and moved in with her. I was with her for 5 months then moved in with my sister after. I held a job this entire time, even when sleeping in my car and on drugs. Point of the story is, no matter what happens you will be able to find a "place" even if it's a motel room, a friends couch, flop-house, car, or if you have to befriend a girl.

It seems you time to find something, so why not just save up money and buy a studio or something? It's really not that hard. Do you not have a Job? No friends? (Serious questions, not trying to be a dick.)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

If you plan on becoming a politician, you should probably work on mending things with your family first.

All the dirt is going to be out when you enter the political scene, and I don't think many people would vote for someone who had obvious connections to the occult (like being a member of this forum, your family thinking you're Satanist, etc.).
AAaaaah, yes, I hadn't thought of that. I will be looking into correcting that...

But, I doubt they will figure out I was here on these forums...

Can you imagine the campaign ads if more people were into the occult?

"republican thinks all spirits are a part of his mind, most astral projectors would disagree. do you look like a part of his mind? paid for by the society for better treatment of demons"

RifRaf, no friends (literally) and no money, no job.

I do have a place to stay I figured out while everything else goes down. Hopefully, I haven't set all that up yet. trying to over the course of the moonth.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: The Infinite WITHIN

I've been lucky enough to, after being homeless- call an old friend from high school and live with him for 3 months before his dad kicked me out, get a girlfriend, and live with her family for the next 3 months, and then landing a job and moving in with a roomate for the next two years.

Perhaps you will have that kind of luck?
if not, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Consider the area you live in: are there any shelters, boarding houses, and if you can't find a place better than the rest: the NAVY is better than the army.

All the technical more brain-able people are in the navy learning technology. And taking it places after service.

I'd look into carefully considering this option before giving 4 years to it. It's a decision that'll affect the course of your next four years.

Are your parents actually going to allow you to live there BEYOND 18, for maybe even a couple of more months to get a reasonable way to move out on your own (i.e. landing a job)

If so, you may want to bring out those politicianing skills and smooth out The Differences.

When you say it's too late in the game to flip-flop, or pretend to do so.

A few things you should understand as a magician...

1) TIME: is not a factor to spontaneity, it's never "too late". Time can be manipulated, engineered, Created/Introduced/Shaped/Extended.

2) You define reality.

If it were me, and situations were incredibly dire: i'd play it all up, pretend that I was walking home from the park, etc.- say you were brought forcibly to your feet and God showed you all the terrors of Hell, and God said, "Do you want this!?!?"

And you learnt your lesson, and he led you away from the devil; and you wept.

Now you must hide those occult books, before hand, if you wish to keep them.

If not, make a list, and if they're not rare you can get them back again- even burn them as an added "testiment" to your Experience.

Use God as A TOOL against the religious and the weak-superstitious, I do it all the time.

Politicians are doing this: ALL THE TIME

When it comes to "military service", George Bush's evading Viet Nam in contrast to John Kerry's outstanding-service actually did not make a difference, now did it? *tisk, tisk*

You're THE MAGICIAN HERE, Not Them.

Remember that punk, ;)

Your thoughts on this?

because even if you "submit", and they buy it- you win; and you refine your skills as a politician. Adding to your resume.

In that time, you can get a job and after a few months- perhaps seek out a studio, or a roommate.

And live your life like you are able to again.

EDIT:

an interest in the occult did not stop Rasputin, Goebbels, Wiligut, The Buddha, the Dahli Llama, etc.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

I guess the main reason I've not done this before, I have not yet been able to fully differentiate myself from what I say, and a lie may become true when I say it.

The reason military service "made no differance" was kerry assumed the american pumblic would see through swiftboat.

Return to “Off-Topic”