So what do I do now?

General conversation and mundane matters.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: AstralMagickCraft

I am kind of looking for advice.

In a few months I will turn 18 and will essentially have to go somewhere, do something, but don't have enough money to go to college with a dorm and everything.

I understand that I must make such large decisions on my own, but what should I do?
93 93/93

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: koolbear05

Work, save up money, go to college, get good grades, get good job, get married, have kids, then die. Good Luck!

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: LoD

Ave,

I wish I could help you in a more real sense Astral. This is always a difficult time for anyone and my thoughts are with you. That's all I can do I fear... and of course wish you a hell of a lot of luck! :D

You can do it.

Blessings,

LoD

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Thank you!
93 93/93

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: Athena

If college is really important to you, you do know that student loans actually cover tuition, rent and food right? OK you won't be eating out every night or anything, but it's definitely enough to get by. Maybe something to think on for Sept next year. A good paying job you can stand is definitely worthwhile, gets you work experience and money :).

Athena

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

So now, the tension between me and my family is boiling, they disowned me a month or so ago, and I am planning to leave the second I turn 18.

But of course, I need to somehow get a place to live, in 2 months.

Anyone have any advice? sites to look at, etc?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: Master 27

Why did they disown you?

That sounds pretty awful.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: destructive_metaphysician

[QUOTE=AstralMagickCraft;375233]So now, the tension between me and my family is boiling, they disowned me a month or so ago, and I am planning to leave the second I turn 18.

But of course, I need to somehow get a place to live, in 2 months.

Anyone have any advice? sites to look at, etc?[/QUOTE]

well, on the college line of thought, if you know someone who can cosign a loan, i would look into that; you could have it done within 2 months, get a place, some cash to live on, and get into a community college for a while until you get some cash flow. then i would look into a job.

if college is out of bounds (which it should only be if you can't get a cosigner), then i would look for a job right now. maybe you'll have one before then and can get an apartment.

sounds like you're about to go through some hard times mate, maybe the right people to look to are demons or angels for some of these questions, if you're that far along in the studies yet. get your relationship with your family back on board is my suggestion. i would use all magical and normal means at my disposal personally.

where do you live? if you are from texas, i might know of some things and be able to help.

best of luck, blessings,
dm

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

[QUOTE=Master 27;375239]Why did they disown you?

That sounds pretty awful.[/QUOTE]

They don't want to be associated with a "satanist"

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: LoD

Ave,

Uhm... but you're not... a Satanist..? Oh... they see anyone who does not agree with Christianity as a Satanist perhaps?

Blessings,

LoD

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: Skeptismo118

Military service is always an option. Simply be informed about choices in terms of what area you will serve in. Most of the folks I've known did well with the Navy, but your milage may vary.

There's my standard "join the circus/tour with a carnival" suggestion. It's probably more dangerous than Military service but you'll get an experiential education you won't be able to match elsewhere.

Less over the top from there you could try getting into road crew work in the music industry.

Vegas always needs more workers in the Gambling/Hospitality industry. If you can handle the second hand smoke you'll meet a lot of interesting characters.

Ever see "Pulp Fiction"? Did you know people actually get paid to be "Cleaners" of crime scenes, etc.? Most areas now have people who do it professionally. You'll learn everything you never wanted to know about humanity and make a fair bit of cash doing it once certified.

Basically you have a huge number of options, most of what you probably haven't seriously considered.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Uhm... but you're not... a Satanist..? Oh... they see anyone who does not agree with Christianity as a Satanist perhaps?
They saw a few pentagrams and a have a LOT of selective perception.
well, on the college line of thought, if you know someone who can cosign a loan, i would look into that; you could have it done within 2 months, get a place, some cash to live on, and get into a community college for a while until you get some cash flow. then i would look into a job.

if college is out of bounds (which it should only be if you can't get a cosigner), then i would look for a job right now. maybe you'll have one before then and can get an apartment.

sounds like you're about to go through some hard times mate, maybe the right people to look to are demons or angels for some of these questions, if you're that far along in the studies yet. get your relationship with your family back on board is my suggestion. i would use all magical and normal means at my disposal personally.

where do you live? if you are from texas, i might know of some things and be able to help.

best of luck, blessings,
dm
Thanks, I might look into that, though I never was one for loans, being a capricorn, I was always wary of the idea.
Military service is always an option. Simply be informed about choices in terms of what area you will serve in. Most of the folks I've known did well with the Navy, but your milage may vary.

There's my standard "join the circus/tour with a carnival" suggestion. It's probably more dangerous than Military service but you'll get an experiential education you won't be able to match elsewhere.

Less over the top from there you could try getting into road crew work in the music industry.

Vegas always needs more workers in the Gambling/Hospitality industry. If you can handle the second hand smoke you'll meet a lot of interesting characters.

Ever see "Pulp Fiction"? Did you know people actually get paid to be "Cleaners" of crime scenes, etc.? Most areas now have people who do it professionally. You'll learn everything you never wanted to know about humanity and make a fair bit of cash doing it once certified.

Basically you have a huge number of options, most of what you probably haven't seriously considered.
Interesting suggestions, I will give them some thought.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: Master 27

That sucks!

When I got involved with the occult when I was thirteen, my parents weren't happy but they hoped I would get over it.

Now eight years later, they still think I'll snap out of it. ;)

I'm good though because they've never touched any of my stuff (I have hundreds of occult-related books) so I think they're OK with it.

I'm glad my parents aren't religious (they never go to church), so that probably has something to do with it.

I hope your parents come around and see that their reaction is not rational, but if they're deeply religious, that might never happen.

Good luck. I hope it all works out for you.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: MagiAwen

Well...considering the time frame. If you do not have a friend you can move in with that has a place already or one that you can pool with...and have no money...I suggest you get a job first doing anything...assuming you don't have one already.

Then look for people who are searching for roomates...preferably in a mid to large sized town...usually more opportunity for better jobs and what not.

Since the fall semester has already started, unless you take individual classes at a 2 year college or online, most counselors will tell you to enroll in the next semester...again assuming a community college.

I think maybe the best thing is to find a roomate...it may be with a stranger and you may not get along ... but if you put your mind to it you can make it work until you can find something more desireable...and usually it only means 2-300 per month for rent...which isn't hard to do even on a min. wage part time job.

Invest in cases of ramen noodles!

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: MatthewK

Everyone's already offered some pretty good advice. All I can really add to it is that it's harder now than it used to be, making it on your own... kids used to leave home with a crappy job and a boyfriend/girlfriend who also had a crappy job, a few friends looking out for each other...

somehow they "made it". It's not that easy now. I mean, unless your girlfriend/boyfriend and kids you went to school with are the sort who drive around in dad's BMW or whine when mom doesn't let them take the Mercedes out after midnight :rolleyes: In which case, you'll be fine. But I don't think that's the case with you. You're going to learn to trust your friends more than your family; people you thought maybe you'd never see again will pop back up in your life in strange ways, maybe even become close friends, people you can count on. Get a stupid job, save as much money as you can, and I'm sure you'll find others you get along with who want to get out of their current situation.

Nothing's permanent, ever. But you can get started, and that's what matters. Taking that first step is something you don't want to wait for: there is no "right" time or "good" time to overhaul your life.

Just get started doing something, anything to change your situation and all else will follow.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: DestroyedBySet

Oh man. At that age, and fresh out the house, it is very easy to get caught up indulging way too much in partying, chicks, drugs, etc. You'll come out ahead if you don't go too balls deep in that kinda thing, and focus on your personal development, career, etc instead. 25 and 30 comes very quick.

Also, with the way you got booted, you risk developing an extremely anti-Christian viewpoint, if you haven't already. Try and guard against being one of those, they stick out like a sore thumb usually.

You seem like you've got a head on your shoulders though. I would have never guessed you were just 18 glancing at your posts.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

DestroyedBySet;375576 wrote:Oh man. At that age, and fresh out the house, it is very easy to get caught up indulging way too much in partying, chicks, drugs, etc. You'll come out ahead if you don't go too balls deep in that kinda thing, and focus on your personal development, career, etc instead. 25 and 30 comes very quick.

Also, with the way you got booted, you risk developing an extremely anti-Christian viewpoint, if you haven't already. Try and guard against being one of those, they stick out like a sore thumb usually.

You seem like you've got a head on your shoulders though. I would have never guessed you were just 18 glancing at your posts.
I'm probably going with the military option, it would be good when I am a politician.

I developed that standpoint a few months ago, and then I dropped it. The egrigore kindof feels like a cool deep in water, though...

I do have 6 planets in capricorn ;)

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: Yog-Sothoth

[QUOTE=Master 27;375434]That sucks!

When I got involved with the occult when I was thirteen, my parents weren't happy but they hoped I would get over it.

Now eight years later, they still think I'll snap out of it. ;)

I'm good though because they've never touched any of my stuff (I have hundreds of occult-related books) so I think they're OK with it.

I'm glad my parents aren't religious (they never go to church), so that probably has something to do with it.

I hope your parents come around and see that their reaction is not rational, but if they're deeply religious, that might never happen.

Good luck. I hope it all works out for you.[/QUOTE]

My parents are not religious too, in fact my father was the one that made me interested in the occult, he showed me IIH.

I can only wish you good luck AstralMagickCraft.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

MatthewK;375520 wrote:You're going to learn to trust your friends more than your family; people you thought maybe you'd never see again will pop back up in your life in strange ways, maybe even become close friends, people you can count on. Get a stupid job, save as much money as you can, and I'm sure you'll find others you get along with who want to get out of their current situation.

Nothing's permanent, ever. But you can get started, and that's what matters. Taking that first step is something you don't want to wait for: there is no "right" time or "good" time to overhaul your life.

Just get started doing something, anything to change your situation and all else will follow.
Of course, the family friends thing already happened.

Other than that, I completely agree.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: shadow flame

just to throw in something- why don't you try to trick your parents into thinking that you converted back to christianity?
or go all out kabbalah and claim you're jew. they can't claim you're satanist that way, right?

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

[QUOTE=shadow flame;375748]just to throw in something- why don't you try to trick your parents into thinking that you converted back to christianity?
or go all out kabbalah and claim you're jew. they can't claim you're satanist that way, right?[/QUOTE]

Because I would look like a flip flopper, and what good does it do me to cozy up to a family that cares more about dead dogmas and ideology than a living and breathing god?

I doubt it will affect me enough over the two months to warrant any action.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: IAO131

[QUOTE=AstralMagickCraft;375767]Because I would look like a flip flopper, and what good does it do me to cozy up to a family that cares more about dead dogmas and ideology than a living and breathing god?

I doubt it will affect me enough over the two months to warrant any action.[/QUOTE]

You could easily do that - the Book says that the prodigal son is more loved than the one who was obedient all along (Luke 15:11-32)... but whoever said that Christians actually read the Bible for themselves or think about it when chastizing their kids?

If you are concerned about your welfare, sometimes its good to 'coy up to a family that cares more about dead dogmas and ideology than a livign and breathing god.' Its possible to accept that they are dirt-covered stars themselves, or even that you could use them (or, heck, even respecting them for giving you life, shelter, and education for a while) while not agreeing with them. That might be a good practice...

IAO131

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: RifRaf

Suicide....works for some.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Original post: Reject Dogma

I'd say military service is a good option for a couple of years. Good chance to grow up, great motivation to make more of yourself (what, you wanna come back?!?!?!?), good chance to save up some money and use additional federal funds to go to college when you're out, and you'll find that things that were hard before you went in are a lot easier now.

Basically it's a chance to grow up, have a place to live for a few years, and save a bunch of money for college. Of course, it's also a chance to get your ass shot off, so you might want to avoid combat arms...

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

So what do I do now?

Thats what I was thinking to,
Were you in the military?
If so, can you PM me?

and IAO, I agree, and will "use them" to the extant of my abilities, it is just too late in the game to attempt to look like a christian

Return to “Off-Topic”