What are the last Occult movie that you saw?

Writings, poetry and oration, words, books and wordsmiths.

srvdv93
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: What are the last Occult movie that you saw?

Post by srvdv93 »

One of my all time favorite occult movies is, Holy Mountain...here is a link to a you tube clip of it...it is a jewel, rich with symbolism and deep insight into the science of occultism.

http://youtu.be/KM0eaZbXczk
gave you diamonds gave you emeralds weighed you down with precious stones, laid my finger on the trigger, took you down up off your throne, now i'm so alone, lay down slowly on the right side of my bed, whisper so softly oh so softly shots ring out inside my head, i took you in my arms the night was raining lead, kissed you gently oh so gently for the time we had was spent. Home is where, you find it, home is where, we hide it,

jimmyjames
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by jimmyjames »

I watched The Red Violin last night. It was good but a little long. It had Samuel L Jackson in it and he didnt swear so that was a little disappointing.

srvdv93
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by srvdv93 »

Samuel Jackson with no cussing!!! Man...that is a disappointment, wow..."They speak english in what? " lmao.
gave you diamonds gave you emeralds weighed you down with precious stones, laid my finger on the trigger, took you down up off your throne, now i'm so alone, lay down slowly on the right side of my bed, whisper so softly oh so softly shots ring out inside my head, i took you in my arms the night was raining lead, kissed you gently oh so gently for the time we had was spent. Home is where, you find it, home is where, we hide it,

kiren
Admin
Admin

Post by kiren »

LO

This one is good, some really funny parts and an interesting concept for a movie the whole thing takes place within a circle.

Love presents many challenges to couples...but none so daunting as the one Justin faces with his girlfriend April. Kidnapped by demons, April's mystery begins to unfold when he finds an ancient book that she has left behind. Using the book, he contacts the demon Lo, ordering it to help him rescue his girl from the fiery pits. But Lo has other plans for his new master...dinner being one of them.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Yeah, the director was over budget and over time for Bab AD and the studio got the stuff and wanted to make it an "action" movie a short run time, however it was made as more of an art piece with only a few scenes of action. The studio cut out every that made the movie make sense, demanded an action scene towards the end (pointless car chase that doesnt exist in the DC/EE) and released it as crap and it did horrible. If they had released it as the director made it, it would have done much better.
A great shame.I liked it,even with the obvious flaws.But,I like Vin and I 'd watch anything with him in it,anyway,lol.

I recently watched Ultraviolet,it had similar issues.Again,I believe,a graphic novel gone a bit wrong.I still enjoyed it though.

I need to sit me down and watch a bit more,I do like a lot of the concepts in these movies,even if the execution of them gets a little funky.

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

Valhalla Rising...

Watched it on your rec., Nah.
Cool flick. As a good friend of mine said, "... very grim and frostbitten indeed."

Loved The intense Odinocity of it. :D
Hel Yeah,lol.

I can't recommend this film highly enough.I have already said,I 'm fidgety and have a short attention span,but oh boy,this gripped me,it was so claustrophobic,I was determined to hang in with it,despite my usual short span of focus,as it spoke to me,on a deeper level than I normally allow in,lol,but seriously.

Watch it.If you want to know what the Way of Odin means,underneath all the occlusions. [greensmile]

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

The Devil Inside

I thought this was a really good movie. I think it was done with Paramount, but the people who made the movie were indie filmmakers, so it wasn't typical. They used "concepts" [happy] .

It follows a young woman who just found out that her mother (that had been insititutionalized years prior) was there because she killed 3 people while being exorcised. She had agreed to go on this journey as part of a documentary with some equally young documentarists (that could be a word - you don't know) so it's done kind of documentary style.
Link Removed by Admin - No links in Signature

sylas vael
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by sylas vael »

"DEVOUR", staring Jensen Ackles & Shannyn Sossamon. great movie!
& i just watched "POSSESSION" the other day, which was pretty good.

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

Well, tonight I watched a movie called, Darkness. Horror flick, occult themed storyline, but it really didn't get to much into the occult part. Pretty good.

I liked Priest, too! That was good.
Link Removed by Admin - No links in Signature

Neko-phyte
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Neko-phyte »

srvdv93 wrote:One of my all time favorite occult movies is, Holy Mountain...here is a link to a you tube clip of it...it is a jewel, rich with symbolism and deep insight into the science of occultism.

http://youtu.be/KM0eaZbXczk
Holy Mountain is rad.

I think the last one I watched was As Above, So Below. Got mixed ratings but I enjoyed it, had a nice hermetic basis; writers had obviously done some solid research.

Return to “The Pen and The Poet”