The Biology, Behaviour and Experience - Of The Vampire!

Writings, poetry and oration, words, books and wordsmiths.

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Biology, Behaviour and Experience - Of The Vampire!

Post by Kami »

Okay... so - here is my version of the vampire.

If I could make a vampire,
What would its biology, experience and behaviour - be like?

Well firstly,
This biologically immortal creature of the night would have an extra "pipe" near and connected to the heart - coming in from the throat near the bottom of the neck, inside.
|
As soon as blood struck the tongue... the "taste of blood" would trigger that extra pipe to open up and the other pipe - the main pipe for food n' water n' air... would close up, only while there is blood in the mouth, so that the vampire can direct the blood into its heart so that its body can have fresh blood.

As for the fangs, they are not in the "gums" of the vampire,
But instead... there are two almost hidden fangs that come out from under the top lip.
|
The top lips muscles push out the fangs, as well as the bottom lips muscles - push out the bottom two fangs: these fangs stick out by half a centimeter.

The first inch from the tip of its tongue and back - is severed, it has two muscles of its tongue that can move freely to help squeeze out blood from its victims neck and to enjoy running its two tongue muscles all over the victims wound.

It's eyes are all white like a blind person,
They can see - but they can hear much better than they can see.

This vampire has the ability to access its sympathetic nervous system, and unlike *ME* who only can trigger an adrenaline sensation upon will/demand for 30 seconds and nothing else; give or take, this vampire accesses the ability of healing by causing stem cells to flow to damaged areas of its body and it can only regenerate/heal for up to 30 seconds; give or take, which takes up to half a day - because 30 seconds is not enough... but repeating the 30 second duration over and over again for half a day IS enough.

And no... my version of the vampire is not immune to deadly disease, in fact... in this story - disease was created TO "wipe out" these vampires.

This vampire also has the ability to "smell" people who have deadly diseases, these sickly smells comes from off the victims hair, from out of their pores and from their breath and farts.
|
So that the vampire knows who to drink from and who not to drink from.

Now although this vampire may not be immune to all deadly disease - it has the powerful ability to fight off common sicknesses in one day.

Healing can take up to a half a day, by constantly triggering the healing process which needs substance in order to maintain this procedure; blood being that substance.

Now if this vampire does not feed in a few hours... it uses up most of the blood in its system and slowly the entire body of this vampire becomes numb with painful electrical vibration to the point where it can no longer "feel" anything physically and ends up falling down unable to move at all.
|
You all can relate to this by the "sleeping hand" we sometimes experience after we wake up, that somewhat ticklish painful powerful electrical vibration in your hand when there is hardly any blood in it.

When this vampire tastes "blood"... it experiences a powerful sensation of euphoria and may act out in a more excited primitive manner.

Its body is in great shape,
Its muscles are 3 times stronger than a wrestler, but cannot beat a sumo wrestler... only kill him/her by drinking them.

This vampire can still obtain energy from eating and drinking water, but preferred by its new vampiric nature - blood is usually the main course.

And yes it can defocate and urinate.

This vampire also has extra muscles where the calves are located in order to out run its prey.

And it can only come out at night because the heat of the sun causes immediate dehydration and dryness of the skin, and also hurts the eyes of the vampire because of the requirement of hunting at night - where it hardly ever gets to see the sun.

And lastly, the vampire goes pale as it loses blood and falls over to the numbness of blood deprivation.

---

What do y'all think of this version of a vampire?

And also, what do YOU think a vampire should look like, behave like, and what it experiences; what do you think a vampire's biology would be?
|
Comment your version of a vampire. ~
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:
Over arguing with a fool. ~

ErebusNamtar
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The Biology, Behaviour and Experience - Of The Vampire!

Post by ErebusNamtar »

Pretty cool, reminds me of this book;
The science of Vampires by Katherine Ramsland. I highly recommend it, it's a bit simplistic but has some great theories(and dark humor) on how such a mythical creature could work in real life.

Pretty cool concept, will have to think on my own apex predator...

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

ErebusNamtar wrote:Pretty cool, reminds me of this book;
The science of Vampires by Katherine Ramsland. I highly recommend it, it's a bit simplistic but has some great theories(and dark humor) on how such a mythical creature could work in real life.

Pretty cool concept, will have to think on my own apex predator...
O_o

Yo... thanks so much for that suggestion!

I will try to find an online eBook for it and download it and read it tonight when I get some weed and jack in the box tacos!

A good read - needs some good weed!

And tacos, lots and lots of tacos!

And soda... [greensmile]

Please post reply your "Apex Predator" when you are finished?

I would love to read it. ~
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Our consciousness is the darkness that envelopes all of the universe; We will live forever because we are the essence that is the absence of light.
|
Spoiler:
I'd rather get buzzed off of some alcohol with a chimpanzee whom also took a shot of some alcohol and go bananas inside of a bounce house while we're both listening to this song:

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

Nice idea, never discussed fictional vampire characterstics.

Few things that crossed my mind while playing a lot of games and reading through fantasy books:

I always thought of a vampire drinking blood like a metaphore. In my imagination they steal your vitae, your life force but I looked at it like: they do not store blood in them, they just overflow with life energy so they seem more human. Act of realising ones blood is enough for me.

The same concept of life energy in my head was good explanation of their supernatural abilities and physical prowess.

For some reason I find my picture of vampire is like:

Master of energies. Being that is embodiment of hunger and mechanics of consumption, something that disolve life.

I like concept from Vampire the Masquarade with beast within vampires. Constant fight between humanity and beast. If vampire lose all of it human side, he will no longer be concious - beast within will took him over make him mad predator.

From VtM I like Jack words which are so perfect for mindset of vampire struggling with his diabolic side:
"If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact".

If I come up with anything I will add cent or two. Have a good day and Praise The NIGHT [T]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Maya The Generator wrote:Nice idea, never discussed fictional vampire characterstics.

Few things that crossed my mind while playing a lot of games and reading through fantasy books:

I always thought of a vampire drinking blood like a metaphore. In my imagination they steal your vitae, your life force but I looked at it like: they do not store blood in them, they just overflow with life energy so they seem more human. Act of realising ones blood is enough for me.

The same concept of life energy in my head was good explanation of their supernatural abilities and physical prowess.

For some reason I find my picture of vampire is like:

Master of energies. Being that is embodiment of hunger and mechanics of consumption, something that disolve life.

I like concept from Vampire the Masquarade with beast within vampires. Constant fight between humanity and beast. If vampire lose all of it human side, he will no longer be concious - beast within will took him over make him mad predator.

From VtM I like Jack words which are so perfect for mindset of vampire struggling with his diabolic side:
"If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact".

If I come up with anything I will add cent or two. Have a good day and Praise The NIGHT [T]
Hmm... what came to mind is "psychic-vampire" or "psy/psi-vamp".

The spiritual vampire who can drain the energy of alertness and awareness into tiredness on the verge of sleep.

Which sounds allot like me - metaphorically.
|
When I talk to people I only talk with one tone of voice and slowly but surely... they end up falling asleep on me - and they claim each and every time that happens... that - it wasn't my fault because they do not understand nor know "why" they became tired and then fell into sleep, but they believe that it is by some other means.

I myself - am usually always tired and when I talk to people of interest - I gain temporary energy which takes away my lack of livelyness. ~

Do you consider thyself a "vampire" of some type?
|
Or maybe if I put it this way: do you consider yourself to have vampiric abilities?

And if so... what may those be? :)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

|
Spoiler:

Cygnus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cygnus »

As a theoretical exercise only... [crazy]

blood from victim directly into vamp's blood system? Bad idea, mixing different blood types can cause two separate liquids to form a sticky mass (agglutination) or to attack each other (antibody-antigen reaction).

I'd suggest you redesign your bloodsucker with an antigen-homogenization system which processes all blood types into a single neutral type

or

make your vamps more selective in feeding, i.e. any vamp can feed on O type (universal donor) but other blood type victims need to be cross referenced with the individual vamp, as per this diagram

Kami
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Kami »

Cygnus wrote:As a theoretical exercise only... [crazy]

blood from victim directly into vamp's blood system? Bad idea, mixing different blood types can cause two separate liquids to form a sticky mass (agglutination) or to attack each other (antibody-antigen reaction).

I'd suggest you redesign your bloodsucker with an antigen-homogenization system which processes all blood types into a single neutral type

or

make your vamps more selective in feeding, i.e. any vamp can feed on O type (universal donor) but other blood type victims need to be cross referenced with the individual vamp, as per this diagram

That's part of what I am missing!

Thank you for that. ~

I don't have much knowledge of biology, which is why I asked what you all think a vampire would be like in real life.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

|
Spoiler:

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

Years ago I thought it would be cool to be vampire. Now? Nah, it is not me but I still like to roleplay one :)

Vampire like ability?

Being hungry most of time

I am mostly unoticed when deep in thoughts to point where I get to kitchen and my friend shout why I sneak behind her. And I am stuned and like: B..But I did not even think about it!

xDDD
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

Return to “The Pen and The Poet”