The Prince that did not understand.

Writings, poetry and oration, words, books and wordsmiths.

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

The Prince that did not understand.

Post by neofight »

"Look!" said the Muses, "Our friend has climbed the Mount. Let us hear his wisdom this day"

As the passionate fool reached the last foothold to lift himself to its peak, he stared down and out across to as far as his vision allowed. He saw the Arabs and the Jews, the Saints and their flock; he saw people of his own kind, struggling to do their Will. He imagined where he was and what was, and he wondered how it came to be that he could afford so much, while others could have so little.

"Behold!" He cried "You are not the God of Love that I imagined!" His pulse was steady, though he was about to condemn himself utterly. "I see suffering and need, and not joy! I can no longer hold my breath! I demand a reply!"

The soft hairs on the arms of the Muses bristled, for they knew that this Prince had just declared war. Thundering overhead, the Chariot of the God burst through the sky, a Ray of electric force penetrated the air, as the words of the God spoke into the soul of the Prince; words that only he could hear.

The Muses stared at the face of the boy as it turned pale. They knew that God had sent him a message, and they could see that he had not expected an answer. They witnessed his ego shrink away as he recognized that he had been damned.

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: The Prince that did not understand.

Post by neofight »

The sullen Son made his way down the cliff. God had indeed replied, but it was in Divine tongue, and not the language of his tribe.

He made his way to his abode where he reconciled with what had occurred. How could he have been so bold? To deny his God the Will that took him to such heights of Love? Why... why would he cry out? It was because of the little ones; the fallen and those that could never rise. How could he live his life to its end in a Heaven of his own design while those around him looked so sheepish and dissatisfied? And, what of those that could never see that life could even be such a thing what-so-ever? Those poor, whose governments and policies kept them in mud huts with nothing but bare scraps cast off from the privileged? No, he knew that he could not stay silent that day, but whoa unto him, he knew! He had done something that only the greatest myths could claim: he had provoked the God to speak.

Though he never knew it, his station as prince was now at an end; no more kingdom to inherit and take delight in. He was bound to take on the clothes of the beggar, for it was the beggar that he decided to side with, and God had decried that he must see from their mind if he were to help them rise to the joy of his previous days.

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by neofight »

And as the boy grew into a Man, that became a beggar who fell to the Chaos of misunderstanding, he realized that while he must have the intention of aiding his fellows, it is not his right to tell them that they are unhappy, or what they need to become so. One eye on the ideal, and one eye on the reality of things.

The Son was fed to the Snake, as God decried "Let him find order".

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by neofight »

Both hands busy proving the worth of his Good intentions.

neofight
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by neofight »

We all possess our own Truth, and it is formed around the same fundamental experiences. The variety in interpretation is the reason for our Free Will, because it is the cause of invention. Truly, this is what God adores; the ones that see anew or the same as they, the ones that reinvigorate and confirm.

I must share, because this is a shared experience, but I cannot demand that anyone know. They will know what they understand, and they will do what they must with what they know. My job is to decide if it encroaches upon my territory.

There are two lives to happiness. The first life is the one that excels and conquers; it is the champion of idea and material, and it is good. The second life is peace and kindness, and it is being satisfied with looking deeply into the eyes of your lovers and friends and seeing a living being, someone that God created so that none of us would be alone. These are the only two lives worth living, and the great Man will do both. Do not tarry on your course, seek out these lives and live them, for this is a unique moment in your existence, and we all want to know what you believe.

Return to “The Pen and The Poet”