Why has no one mentioned ...

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Why has no one mentioned ...

Post by Shinichi »

corvidus wrote:
lupenthewolf wrote:I think that pursuing immortality is, put bluntly, a waste of time. No one in record has ever achieved it [. . .]
If 'Immortality' is simply the continuation of one consciousness after a great spiritual transformation, then this is what the so-called 'Ascended Masters' have achieved. Jesus and Saint Germaine come to mind, as well as some nameless in the East who have completed the so-called 'Immortal Fetus' through internal alchemy.
Since we're throwing around ideas and historic myth. [gz]

Speaking as a student of both traditions, the Immortality of St. Germain (which isn't even his name, but is simply the town in which he was a Marquis) and the Daoist Golden Fetus are two completely different things. The legendary, completely physical immortality which Germain attained is said to require 150 years of daily practice of a particular set of exercises, along with periodic ingestion (eating) of the Philosophers Stone. In doing this, the physical body is slowly turned into pure energy. Called the Body of Light or Rainbow Body, depending on tradition. The Ascended Beings in Stargate SG1 always come to mind when I think of this.

The Immortal Fetus is different, and far easier to achieve I suppose. It's the immortalization of the astral body, so that when you die, you remain in your astral body and able to travel the spiritual planes as you please.

There's also the other type of immortality, the immortalization of the mind and personality. With this one, no matter how many times you reincarnate you will always be able to remember the past and the knowledge you had previously, even though your lower bodies will be different and you'll have to retrain yourself each time.

~:Shin:~

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Why has no one mentioned ...

Post by corvidus »

I've heard a different version concerning the ingestion of the Philosopher's Stone. It involved fasting and meditation of forty days, and then ingesting the Stone. Same effect, but the ceremony was done every forty years.

Curious to know how many variations of the same story are out there :p

Interesting about the other two though, haven't heard much about those.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Return to “Life Extension and Immortality”