TCM Resources?

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

TCM Resources?

Post by Haelos »

I'm wondering if anyone here has any tested resources dealing with Traditional Chinese Medicine.
I know this is a large topic, so let me clarify some things;
The TCM practices I'm looking for are to involve the use of the meridians for both massage/healing as well as for combat, and of course, utilizing their interaction with Qi.
Also, anything dealing with herbology that takes into consideration vital force, or Qi, as a component.

I've found a lot of information on Chinese medicine, yet most of it is either so far advanced beyond me, and I lack the required basics, or it isn't properly translated in a way I can comprehend. I really need a kind of "steps 1-5" type book on the matter.

Learning about Asian-style practices is very difficult when having been born and raised here. Just properly learning yoga is a difficult enough task without all of the metaphoric language they use to describe the practices. Throw all their fancy loanwords into the mix and we have some more problems that I can't even trouble myself to pick through.

Any books or website links you can offer would be greatly appreciated and put to use.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: TCM Resources?

Post by cyberdemon »

i don't have books but here's something practical. ever hear of tiger balm?
Active Ingredients: Camphor, Menthol. Inactive Ingredients: Cajuput Oil, Cassia Oil, Clove Oil, Dementholized Mint Oil and Paraffin Petrolatum.
comes from singapore, malaysia and china. it's their pinnacle of massage-medicine. it works so well it's become commercialized for worldwide export..

the tiger symbol 王 has "powerful" as one meaning, so.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: TCM Resources?

Post by Haelos »

cyberdemon wrote:i don't have books but here's something practical. ever hear of tiger balm?
Active Ingredients: Camphor, Menthol. Inactive Ingredients: Cajuput Oil, Cassia Oil, Clove Oil, Dementholized Mint Oil and Paraffin Petrolatum.
comes from singapore, malaysia and china. it's their pinnacle of massage-medicine. it works so well it's become commercialized for worldwide export..

the tiger symbol 王 has "powerful" as one meaning, so.
Thanks for the info. I'll look more into it and try to find some direction.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Return to “Life Extension and Immortality”