You Need Not Age Nor Die

Horny Goat
Forum Member
Forum Member

You Need Not Age Nor Die

Post by Horny Goat »

You Need Not Age Nor Die.

You Need Not Age Nor Die by Donald C. Barrie. Also known as The Bible Of The Undying.

I sent of for this book by snail mail. It arrived one week later. Published by Finbarr International. It came in two volumes totalling 110+ pages.

It is by Donald C. Barrie. It was first published in the 1970's.

In one chapter he lists all of the very many different professions and carer's he has had and it is a very long list.

He is a natural psychic. His mother was too.

During school he never had to try to work out the answers to any questions as they would simply pop up into his head. If a teacher wrote a serious of mathematical questions on the board he would simply automatically know the answer. As a result he was thought of as being highly intelligent, something he denies. The truth is, he never really learnt anything as the answers were simply given to him.

One day it was suggested to him that it would be useful if there was an electrical device available to perform a certain useful task. He decided to invent one himself. All he did was relax, allow his mind to go blank, and, after a few moments a diagram for such a device appeared in his mind. He made a copy of it, patented it, and it went into production.

He has written a number of award winning novels. He says he didn't really write them but instead they were dictated to him by dead authors and he merely copied down what they said.

He is adamant that God most definitely exists. He thinks it would be better if God were referred to as OM, being short for OMNIPOTENT as that's what IT is. He insists that God possesses none of the negative qualities that many religious types claim He does. No jealousy, anger, wrath, cruelty, or sadism. Only compassion and love. He tells is that God is everywhere and that we are within Him. He believes in reincarnation and says that no matter what path we follow, as we have free will, and that no matter how far wrong we go, that ultimately we must come back to God no matter how many incarnations that takes.

He is adamant that people survive death. The dead are just as alive as you or me, they simply don't possess a physical body.

He insists that there is no such thing as the subconscious/unconscious mind. It doesn't exist. There is only the conscious mind and the superconscious mind. The conscious mind is the mind of matter. The superconscious the mind of spirit. Man must merge the two at which time he will be a unified being. Then he will have great power.

He is adamant that man has far greater powers than he realises and that there is no need whatsoever for man to be unhappy and to suffer. We don't have to suffer hunger, poverty, lack of love, nor violence and oppression.

He tells us that a unified man can access a very great power, the power of God, and can then do incredible things.

From an early age he studied the paranormal, magick, the occult as he wanted to learn everything. Naturally, such great knowledge could never be contained in one book.

He warns against rushing spiritual development as you may learn more than you are ready to deal with. The effect can be insanity. Also, the brain is a physical organ and must not be overworked as it needs rest.

He gives a number of his occult experiences, mainly with spirits. He offers his own explanation of what a poltergeist is. There are a number of chapters which deal with ghosts as he wants you to believe that the dead are not truly dead.

He goes into detail about the time he worked as a stage psychic. He gave it up as it was too demanding emotionally. To know people's problems. To know their futures. To constantly be doubted and tested. He knows when a person or an animal is to die.

The actual information on achieving immortality comes in the last thirty pages of the book.

First he tells a tale of a nine y.o. girl who lived in an apartment with her family. There was a piano and she longed to play on it. Her father was a very strict man and forbade such a thing believing that the only acceptable use of music was for religious purposes. One day, whilst left in the care of an aunt, she begged this aunt to allow her access to the piano. The aunt gave in and the girl was allowed into the locked room where the piano was kept. She put her fingers on the keys and immediately began to play a piano concerto despite having never touched a piano before. The aunt was flabbergasted. The father returned and demanded to know who was playing. He too was just as shocked. Every day for a year the girl was allowed to play, each time playing perfectly one complex piece of music after another. Audiences came and it was reported in the newspapers. Then one day as she say at the piano nothing happened. Whatever power it was it had left her. He asks you to think about what was really going on here.

The instructions on immortality are actually quite garbled. The book is intended for a beginner so presumably once you've completed the instructions you will have gained greater knowledge.

He gives you an exercise called The White Room. This I have found on another forum elsewhere by googling it so I will not describe it here. It has the effect of uniting the conscious mind and the subconscious mind into one. You just have to be patient. Eventually you are able to produce psychokinetic phenomena - levitation of an object. Now, you have a power and it can be developed much, much further. Anything can be achieved with it. What you've done here is to unify your conscious mind with your superconscious mind. The power that you can now use does not come from yourself though, it comes from God - Omnipotence, which is everywhere and everything.

Next comes a few more garbled instructions in which he urges great BELIEF as espoused by Jesus to his disciples.

Then there are some very unclear instructions on drawing ectoplasmic substance from the microscopic creatures that live in water so as to prolong the life of your physical body.

In the end he rejects immortality as he says he feels it is better to die so as to be reborn time and time again. You make greater spiritual progress and get to enjoy the innocence of youth again. You have to wonder, then, why he even bothered to sell this book as being how to achieve immortality.

If you've got the money then, yes, I do recommend it.

It's just another way to development spiritually and magickally.

CCoburn
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: You Need Not Age Nor Die

Post by CCoburn »

I skimmed through this. I agree with most of it I think.

The Omniscient aspect of God was one thing I formulated.
Intelligence implies thought, and thought by nature is imperfect.
I would say God doesn't think, God just knows, because it is a
flawless existence.

One thing that must be understood when dealing with divine concepts
is that reason will only take you so far. This doesn't mean that progress
is halted. It just means that for the rest of your journey, reason is an
obsolete tool. You must open the tool box to find other tools.

Most of the knowledge I have of God came from within via meditation.
Not the formal meditation, but just letting my mind go free at various times
throughout the day.

In order to learn, I first had to forget.

By most definitions of God, I might be considered an Atheist.

I will tell you this:

Whatever is responsible for creation is God. Whatever that may be.
It's the definition of God that cannot be agreed upon.

To deny the existence of God is to deny your own existence.

The word "God" has been trashed into ambiguous fucking oblivion.

How can anyone believe in it.

Maybe I should have made coffee first.

Regards

Neither here nor there : CCoburn : The Road Scribe

RockDemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by RockDemon »

Thank you for your review and recommendation, I am going to read this.

LoneWolf
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by LoneWolf »

Thanks, this got my attention too.

Horny Goat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Horny Goat »

I thought that I would summarise it but I hope I didn't plagiarise it. It a great book title but you may not necessarily think it too well written. Stick with it though as you can finish it easily in two days.

Return to “Life Extension and Immortality”