Original post: 9~6~3

[QUOTE=ÃÂ

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Artists, Musicians, etc...

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: MoonShadow

[QUOTE=9~6~3]Erm... I'm a fiber artist. I spin, dye, and knit, and make halfway decent money for it (like minimum wage, HAHA). It's not very exciting or thought-provoking, but it helps keep my hands busy, and I like making things I can use and wear. My creative outlet is in the colorwork, usually.

Here's a few links to some items I've done-

A pair of handknit socks (cotton/rayon)

A handknit, handspun, handdyed hat

Handpainted machine-washable and dryable wool yarn

There. Boring enough for you? :lol:
[/QUOTE]I knit sometimes as well. That yarn is really cool!

Unrelated note: I am currently working on a latch hook project.

Occult Forum Archive
Forum Member
Forum Member

Artists, Musicians, etc...

Post by Occult Forum Archive »

Original post: Hoor-paar-Kraat

[QUOTE=hecate]in my performances, i usually just "dj" - although many people have told me it is somehow more than just a dj set -
i usually use 2 cds 2 decks and a mic with some effects,
lots of noise and atmos mixed with breaks and industrial percussions....
i used to play live, but after awhile i got sick of lugging all my gear around,
plus flying with equipment is a hassel....
i should be getting a new laptop soon, but i still like working with vinyl,
i will probably integrate the laptop sooner or later.

i see this kind of got off topic, so i will bring it back.
magickal systems and history play a big part in what i create,
most of my work is funneled into that sort of perspective or mindset,
there is no difference, as Crowley said "all art is magick " -
i cannot dissconnect the two in my own work.[/QUOTE]I know what a bitch it can be to lug gear around. The majority of my time playinf music was spent as a jazz bass player. Let me tell you, at 5' 5" tall and 130 lbs, it's no fun lugging a contra bass around wherever you go. The only one who had it worse than me was the drummer; whoever that might have been at the time. When I first began performing as Hoor-paar-Kraat I was using a simple setup comprised of a Roland JP-8080, a Boss stereo delay pedal, two rat distortion pedals, a Big Muff and a stereo chorus pedal. Things were easier then. I began to work with a fellow musician by the name of Jasper Delani and over the years we've worked with various mics, marble slabs, vegetables chopped up on cutting boards, contact mics fixed to the bottoms of buckets of water, turntables, tapes, spoken words pieces, wind up toys, etc...

Whether I'm working on visual or aural art, I take a very similar approach to both. I make an attempt to work from random sources with no forethought what so ever. I find that my best work comes to me when I simply let go of everything and trust in the currents around me. Though I have often shaped an initial concept, vision or feeling through the proccess of ritual, I feel that it is always advantageous to simply believe in and trust these currents enough to ride them out to whatever end. If anything, it keeps my work from ever being contrived or derivitive drek.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”