Moral question to the mass

For difficult to define queries.

Metaller
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Metaller »

I'm wondering wether it is morally correct to use the method I created for excluding someone from magic practice. it's really a quite simple thing to do and it's impossible for the target to remove. the doubt I have is if even with the worst and nastiest person in the world is it correct to choose what's better for the world and gain control over his powers? it's not quite a mind rape because it doesn't alter the intention of the subject but it merely stops him from acheiving gnosis preventing even the most basic magickal act. the problem is that you are touching a very delicate and personal part of a person without his permission and I really think it would be awful to lose permanently the possibility to use magic so I'm wondering if it's something I would really do on someone.
for now I have no intention of using it on anyone, I don't know someone evil enough to deserve it. but in the future maybe it could happen so what to do? just beat the hell out of him and crush him with experience hoping he learns the lesson or give him something more extreme and effective?
A: I think pigeons will rule the world with their advanced technology
B: naaaaaah!!! I'm not bored enough to do that

Ahrazura
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ahrazura »

Two questions I have for you before offering my view on your question;
1st) how do you stand with regard to the Left Hand Path ?
2nd) Do you have a workable understanding of Crowleys Law of Telema, Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law, love is the law, love under will. ?

Best wishes,
Ahrazura

Metaller
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Metaller »

ok... for the first question, I don't practice satanism in any form because I think it is simply ridiculous to sell your soul or invoke a powerful spirit you could lose control of causing havoc in your life. now I don't mean to offend anyone in this forum who practices satanism or more generically left hand path rituals but why worshipping the enemy of someone who had the power to create the universe? and then, you should familiarize with christian ideology to approach with that kind of satanism so it's impossible for me to do it because I don't believe in a single word of christian's texts.

for the second question yes, I study Crowley and found many times the law of telema and even if I find it basicly correct it leaves me some doubts, if love is the law then you shouldn't practice my ritual in any case on any time because it wouldn't be very lovely but if you consider love something more than good feelings thowards another person and you put it in the sense of love to the community or the world then eliminating a dangerous magician in a totally non violent way is love indeed, then if in chaos magic you basically transpose your will into reality using sigils or rituals then your will is changeable and it wouldn't have sense using it as a meter of love when it becomes an instrument in the hands of your desire.

for now the decision I made is to use it only if the target already caused heavy damage and is willing to do more like a mind mage who uses his spells to alter personalities and force people to do totally unwanted things, but the doubt regarding a so extreme practice remains and I'm lucky that for now I don't sense anyone powerful or dangerous enough to be considered as a potential threat in my whereabouts.
A: I think pigeons will rule the world with their advanced technology
B: naaaaaah!!! I'm not bored enough to do that

Ahrazura
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ahrazura »

OK,
I don't think I mentioned Satan in my questions to you. I think you have an incorrect view of the left hand path. The LHP is viewed as the path that deals with the self as governing the self without the need to acknowledge the Christian god as responsible for every good thing that happens. This could even be extended to gods such as Zeus, Odin etc as influential aspects of the psyche. My point being asked in the first question was designed to see if you could align your thoughts to seeing the divine spark within the self, ergo you become the validation of your own actions.
My second question was intended to offer you with a field of thought which encompassed your desire to do what is right for the world and offer you a hint that love for the greater good may outweigh the personal worry of offending an inherent morality. I understand the complexity of Liber Al may take a life time to comprehend but the basic message would indeed give you a thumbs up to what you posit in your reply to my post. You go further in your reply to say that you study Crowley and to that end you must be aware of the high regard he is held in by many occultists. So rather than tell you what my thoughts are I pointed to the wisdom of Crowley to offer you self gained advise.
Just to clear up a thing or two for our future forum interaction, I am not a Satanist but I do love some of Lavey's logic, I am a adherent of the crooked path which sees me aligned with many recension's, yet this does not make me eclectic. I am quite versed in Biblical lore as I am in many codices, alas not as many as I would like to be but am working my way through them. I do embrace the sinistral path as well as the right hand path gods. I do this because I judge life as being influenced by a need to encompass elements of both within one's life path. This last part of my reply is purely intended to help you see what I am not in case I confused yourself.

Best wishes,
Ahrazura

Chowitzer
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Chowitzer »

If you feel you must ask, then you already know the answer.

There is no universal code of morals, only many, many personal ones, and if this action did not somehow upset your own, you would have no doubts and you would not even feel the need to ask for advice in the first place.
"I never met a sucker I didn't like."
- Chowitzer

Chaplain
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Chaplain »

you have a moral right to attack and defend innocent people from evil people, their magic and their cults. evil is illogical, and it can't be understood. don't let evil to grow, it only need our tolerance to grow. it is like with third reich, nazism was irrational "religion" so XXth century realist human wasnt able to understand, they will grow then will attack - it is truth, but still hard to accept it.

zamiel
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by zamiel »

The act of cutting one off from their inherent ability is preposterous. It is not your decision to make for them and would be nearly impossible for you to control it until their dying breathe. Eventually if they want to practice magik they will find a way around your spell, and should they become more adept then you, you risk a lot to your own ability to use magik. A much simpler way would be to tell the person, so long as they are unaware to your use of magik, that magik is simply wishful thinking, bogus, and something only the insane would rely. If you uproot their hope that magik does indeed work, then they will most likely stop. You could go the complete opposite way saying you practice magik and it rarely works, takes too much effort, and most people you've talked to who practice magik as well feel very much the same. Make it seem like to much effort and they'll give up as most people nowadays are quite impatient and want everything to take effect immediatly. In the end however, you must be as a wolf in sheeps clothing. You don't have to use magik to stop someone from practicing magik, you merely have to play upon their inherent fears of rejection and failure.
To conquer death is not the goal; yet he who conquers all fear achieves true immortality.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”