inverted ankh?

For difficult to define queries.

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

inverted ankh?

Post by Occultess »

Saw an inverted ankh today....

Is that an actually used ankh position? I've never seen it situated that way before.

And if it is....what does it mean in that position (if anything different at all)?

Thanks!
Link Removed by Admin - No links in Signature

Taiyounoryu
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: inverted ankh?

Post by Taiyounoryu »

Hmm, can't say I really know.. I would just guess an inverted ankh is the antithesis of life? I personally love the symbol, never seen one inverted though.

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

Probably should have done this in the first place...here's the pic.

http://www.zazzle.com/the_two_sisters_p ... 8428303994

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

It's just a poster, doesn't have to mean anything except that the artist decided to switch the symbol upside down.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

It's just a poster, doesn't have to mean anything except that the artist decided to switch the symbol upside down.
Agreed.I think it's a perspective view,given the snake has it's head upright and looking upwards.

I looked up inverse ankhn anyway,all I've found so far, was an 'evil symbols' page,lol,where the ankh upright is enough to give certain folks the colllywobbles. [rolleyes]
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Sartre speaking of Che Guevara.

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

The only time I've ever seen an upside down Ankh is when the Jura's empty. [geek2]

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

The only time I've ever seen an upside down Ankh is when the Jura's empty. [geek2]
Hubby has been known to shed a tear at this tragic moment,but the very thought of the right way up next time,soon cheers him up again... [rofl]

Just for Lulz...here's that 'evil symbols' page I found....

http://www.nazarite.net/evil-symbols.html
"He lived his words, spoke his own actions and his story and the story of the world ran parallel."

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

Man, I really want to write the guy that made that Nazarite site and tell him how many symbol meanings he got wrong.

Do you think I should?

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Occultess wrote:Man, I really want to write the guy that made that Nazarite site and tell him how many symbol meanings he got wrong.

Do you think I should?
Definitely.

As an aside, Ive seen plenty of pictures of Egyptian deities holding the Ankh by the round bit, not the long bit like you would do with a Crucifix, so that may be another reason why an Ankh would be shown inverted - the handle end being the ring of the Ankh. There we go - another bit of useless information for you to brighten your day... [thumbup]

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

Case wrote:
There we go - another bit of useless information for you to brighten your day... [thumbup]

[happy2] Thanks case!

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

Ok, I wrote up an e-mail to send to that guy. But I wanted to run it by you guys to make sure I got my facts straight.:

I read your page on "Evil Symbols" and noticed a number of errors.

For instance, while the Christian cross doesn't reflect the actual cross used in the crucifixion, it was created by the Coptic Christians in Egypt who wanted the make the cross of the Christians more like the Egyptian Ankh. This, according to >>>> in his book, Beneath the Pyrimids.

The Peace Symbol is a symbol from ancient Satanism. It IS an inverted cross like you say, but the cross is not broken. This reflects the true cross from the crucifixion.

While I don't know precisely where the symbol for anarchy comes from, Anarchy does not mean what you say. Anarchists - the true ones anyway, that believe and follow the original philosophy - believe in peace, community and freedom. They do actually believe in law, but not laws that intrude on someone's personal freedom. It's like that saying (or whatever it is exactly), "My freedom ends, where someone else's freedom begins." The only law they have really, is that you can do whatever you want as long as you are not hurting somebody else. If you read the doctrine that Anarchy stems from, you would see that Anarchy/Anarchists actually want something similar to the Christian New World Order, when the world becomes good and loving. Furthermore, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" comes from Thelema, not Anarchy. And that is only half of the quote. The other half of the quote is, "Love under will". Although many (some?) Thelemites interpret that quotation to mean that you can do whatever you want, "Will" in the Thelemic context is supposed to be a person's divine purpose on Earth. After you discover what your true purpose is, then you are suppose to do whatever that purpose is and nobody is allowed to interfere with you accomplishing your true purpose. And whatever you do, you must do it in the name of love.

The Gay Symbol was not adopted by the homosexual community out of ignorance. During World War 2, Hitler gave the homosexuals in his concentration camps triangles to wear as a means of identification, the same way he have yellow stars of David to the Jews.

The Pentagram is a pentagram whether it is inverted or not. The pentacle is a pentagram with a circle around it (the circle representing the Universe). The inverted pentagram has been adopted by Satanists, but is not originally a Satanic symbol.

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Nice one Occultess! That should definitely get him thinking if nothing else [grin]

Nahemah
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Nahemah »

I admire your effort,but I think it is wasted,as this site is not about accuracy as much as it is propaganda.
It is full of serious errors in almost everything written on it,not just this page.
The Peace Symbol is a symbol from ancient Satanism. It IS an inverted cross like you say, but the cross is not broken. This reflects the true cross from the crucifixion.
Re the Peace symbol:

"The symbol is a combination of the semaphore signals for the letters "N" and "D," standing for "nuclear disarmament".[48] In semaphore the letter "N" is formed by a person holding two flags in an upside-down "V," and the letter "D" is formed by holding one flag pointed straight up and the other pointed straight down. Superimposing these two signs forms the shape of the centre of the peace symbol.[48][54][55] The original drawing by Gerald Holtom of the CND symbol is housed in the Peace Museum in Bradford, England."

The CND symbol was never intended to be a Cross of any kind,or denominational for any one Religion.it is a secular symbol and designed for all to appreciate,not just the Religious minded.

My mother marched with the original CND group,which was ironic,given that my father worked for the M.O.D. and helped design [in part] Faslane,the main Scottish Nuclear base at the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_symbols

TheSeeker
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by TheSeeker »

Nahemah wrote:I admire your effort,but I think it is wasted,as this site is not about accuracy as much as it is propaganda.
It is full of serious errors in almost everything written on it,not just this page.
I'd have to say that I agree with Nah.
If it were a couple of errors then sure, the guy's probably just misinformed. However, when the errors are this widespread it clearly begins to look like a misinformation campaign run by Xtian Fundies... [eek]

Occultess
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Occultess »

True. But sometimes people have been raised with abundant misinformation and really believe what they are saying and are trying (in their own way) to help and save their fellows. Provided, that type of person isn't necessarily going to be very willing to listen. Some might, though. This guy would probably be a pretty tough sell, though, but....I was also thinking of doing this two different ways. He's got a "sign the guestbook" feature. I was thinking that I could talk to him privately first and give him a chance to listen/look up the info himself and maybe make some corrections. If not, I figured that maybe I could write atleast some of the corrections in the guestbook, so someone could see them. *shrug* I don't know. Just a thought.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”