How is Kabbalah useful to YOU?

For difficult to define queries.

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

How is Kabbalah useful to YOU?

Post by Muloc7253 »

I've not been learning about Kabbalah for very long, but as I'm sure most people find when they start to study it that its extremely complex, diverse and seems to have an endless list of uses. Things get even more complicated when viewed through the context of modern occultists (especially chaotes) who will just take parts of Kabbalah and apply it to whatever other systems they're using. It seems that outside of Judaism that most Kabbalists mix the "sytem" (whatever that system is) with another belief system, and there doesn't seem to be any universal, objective idea of what Kabbalah actually is.

So for myself (and other beginners reading this) I thought it might be useful to see how experienced occultists of this board use Kabbalah (if at all), how they use it, what its purpose is, how they incorporate it into whatever else they believe etc. I think getting a good range of views and uses will be really helpful when approaching all of this stuff from scratch.

Any contributions will be much appreciated, thank you.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

adawehi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: How is Kabbalah useful to YOU?

Post by adawehi »

I'm a Chaoate myself. For magic to work best for me, I have to refine things now and then for them to work. I also follow "The Key to the True Quabbalah" by Franz Bardon. For me it's easy to follow. It helps me to think as well as explains things to help me understand what I need to do to acquire a goal.

I can't follow any paradigm in toto because I simply don't believe what the instructor wants me to believe at times, thus, I receive poor results. I don't think any of us chooses what to practice, it chooses us.

I also borrow heavily from Hermetics and The New Hermetics which uses the Quaballah as a base so to speak. Again, I have to refine some things but in essence, it's Hermetics with the names of certain aspects changed to fit me.
"Health and wealth are my birthright, success my tool, kindness my standard."

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Muloc7253 »

^ thanks

Its a shame, thought more people would wanna contribute to this.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

dodaive
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by dodaive »

Here is an interesting post using magic performed in "Mage the Awakening" It goes through a thorough explanation, then she connects it to the Kabbalah. Check it out maybe it will shine some light on how to use the Kabbalah
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=66212

Q789
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Q789 »

This is an extremely good question. I have been practicing for 30 years and many lifetimes. I have had many experiences and continue to do so today. It may be said that i am lucky to be psychic- however, i attribute my adeptship to dam hard work and there for anyone can do it.

The main reason i suggest study of Kabala is that when you have a psychic experience you may classify it easily. Not just through Kabala (pure) but through Western Tarot(Crowley of course).

For example, if you have a sighting of a spirit you may easily relate to what world that is- right? What if you have a True Vision, a vision of your HGA- it will affect you in several different ways you will sense certain things(and NEVER forget it too)- all these things are in Kabala. Take another experience- on from the abyss. A strong sense of 'oh shit this is a reality greater than our own'- you will be able to place this on Kabala, to learn from it, to draw certain conclusions from it( all consciousness is projected out of the abyss[tunnels of set]). Study of 'The fool' should explain the effects of the abyss on the psyche/soul. The Magus(in terms of Grade of Chokmah) will explain much too.There are other examples, however i have given enough.

Can you relate the kabala to you? Example- do you have that ability to analyse, excercise that neocortex? So what part of Kabala is it? What about Intuition? That should be strong around this forum- where is it on Kabala.?

Kabala helps you analyse your experiences. Place them and learn from them. In the Kabala is placed many esoteric secrets, because the kabala was designed by Priests- who layed those symbols there as signposts for you to help you on your way. It makes smart sense to read the signposts, they have been put there by others who have passed this way, in fact you could put some there yourself to help those behind you.
I often find that i find the symbol AFTER THE EXPERIENCE (DOH). do you? let me assure you it really really helps.

The worlds, the triads, the sephiroth, the paths, the TAROT in fact the whole sepher sephiroth are all highly valuable to teh exploring occultist.

Q

Khelric
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Khelric »

Kabbalah is definitely an interesting topic to delve into. I've been studying the Qlippoth lately and bumped into Thomas Karlsson's book on the topic. Normally my ideology doesn't mesh with Karlsson's Swedish occult circle "Dragon Rouge", but it definitely helped pay credance to authors like Franz Bardon who talks about a godform as the Akasha element (the source from which the essential elemental building blocks flow) in his book "Initiation Into Hermetics". I may not heed the religious overtones, but I can definitely appreciate the metaphysical value of Kabbalah (and its Qlippoth counterpart) as a real eye opener to the behind the scenes role magic takes in all things. I think despite the heavy Judaic influence, the study of it helps strip away manmade dogma associated with the creation of existence and the natural order of things and gives you a better mindset for magical work, no matter your focus. A magician studying Kabbalah is akin to a musician studying music theory. It won't be the only thing that enriches your work, but it will give you a solid foundation to draw knowledge from once you can grasp even the basic concepts.

Q789
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Q789 »

Kelmic

"A magician studying Kabbalah is akin to a musician studying music theory"-- Great stuff

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”