Invoking tarot?

For difficult to define queries.

Muloc7253
Forum Member
Forum Member

Invoking tarot?

Post by Muloc7253 »

Is there a known practice of this? For instance, if I wanted to invoke the King of Cups rather than this or that god or demon. I mean I know anythings possible when it comes to chaos and such, and I'm aware that people invoke deities they've made up or characters from comics, but I'm just wondering if there are already people out there that practice this.
Wild cats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another, there shall the Lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest.

Prometeo
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Invoking tarot?

Post by Prometeo »

I haven´t tried it, but at least in the Tarot of Marsey The Justice is the Roman Goddess of Justice, and you also have the Devil, which you could interpret either as the Christian Devil or Pan.

PrinceOfNeptune
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by PrinceOfNeptune »

The Tarot are an excellent tool for invocations. They fit into paths and paradigms of various cultures and followings, have visual imagery already attached, and play to a Jungian sense of the collective unconscious in a symbolic sense.

However. Invoking the Tarot in this manner can be quite dangerous. Due to the nature of the Tarot, you can risk things spinning out of what you could normally control with will and ritual, especially if the deck you are using isn't one you are VERY familiar with (i.e. many -years- of using it often).

If you have more specific questions on this matter please feel free to private message me.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night..."

Parvati
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Parvati »

When I use the Tarot in my pathworking medidations, I will only evoke the energies of the Major Archana, but to be honest, I will avoid the Devil and the Tower cards for obvious reasons.
You can do special magick with each card and if you want, say a new life with no worries, it would be best to medidate on the card which suits this like The Wheel of Fortune, or if you want to leave someone or something, The 8 of Cups.

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Asurendra »

Personally, I don't think these should be avoided because, in reality, it is not possible to avoid them. These energies are an aspect of life and need to be integrated in a balanced manner.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-hermet ... -the-devil

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-hermet ... al-wedding

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”