Luna

For difficult to define queries.

manofsands
Forum Member
Forum Member

Luna

Post by manofsands »

The Moon has irrefutable physical affect on our large bodies of water, and our bodies largely made of water. Its extreme relative closeness on the astronomical scale and visual presence alone give it great significance. I have a couple broad questions to those who have understanding of the Moons more ethereal effects.

In your study what does the Moon signify?

In your study what do the phases signify?
What energies work better/worse on what phases?

Recommend reading/links?
YOU ARE
where your
ATTENTION IS

there is no need to push the river... it will flow on its own

Asurendra
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Luna

Post by Asurendra »

In Vedic astrology, the Moon in the Microcosm of man is the mind. Where your moon is in your chart reflects your mental attitudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2DSaCprJLU

In the broader sense, in the macrocosm, the moon is more than gravitational effects. The Moon is a Deva and there is a consciousness associated with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioQYWYMBoRM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandra

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

manofsands wrote:The Moon has irrefutable physical affect on our large bodies of water, and our bodies largely made of water. Its extreme relative closeness on the astronomical scale and visual presence alone give it great significance. I have a couple broad questions to those who have understanding of the Moons more ethereal effects.

In your study what does the Moon signify?

In your study what do the phases signify?
What energies work better/worse on what phases?

Recommend reading/links?
Research the "Wuxing."

Hookko
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hookko »

I have a love relation with the moon, when i was 17 (8 years ago) i spend a long time synchronizing my energy with the moons energy, it was a full moon, and nowadays i can tell the phase of the moon just by feeling the amount of energy I can use, I'm way stronger during the full moon.
But never did any study, like real study on the moon, just try to connect with it every time that i can

Ušušur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ušušur »

Hey Hookko, can you elaborate more about how did you actually synchronize your energy with the moon? Did you undergo certain techniques or...?

Hookko
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hookko »

Is kind of complicated to explain but is something like, when you know to manipulate energy and start to absord (on the internet you can find very good articles with tell you how to truly do that searching about energetic vampirism, but I don't recommend being one because of the the problems of sucking other people energy may have in your health on the long term) you will learn to fell the energy flow, is like the heart pulse, and with even more pratice you can start to make your energy pulse to change.
So the method consist in you absorbing the lunar energy and make your on "beat" in the same rhythm.

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ramscha »

Hookko wrote:I have a love relation with the moon, when i was 17 (8 years ago) i spend a long time synchronizing my energy with the moons energy, it was a full moon, and nowadays i can tell the phase of the moon just by feeling the amount of energy I can use, I'm way stronger during the full moon.
But never did any study, like real study on the moon, just try to connect with it every time that i can
I know in a way exactly what you mean [lol]
bye bye

Hookko
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hookko »

Ramscha wrote:
Hookko wrote:I have a love relation with the moon, when i was 17 (8 years ago) i spend a long time synchronizing my energy with the moons energy, it was a full moon, and nowadays i can tell the phase of the moon just by feeling the amount of energy I can use, I'm way stronger during the full moon.
I know in a way exactly what you mean [lol]
Care to explain? sometimes I'm a little slow xD

Ramscha
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ramscha »

"La Luna è la bella dia" to bringt it in a nice shape. No, but seriously now. I always found it interesting that in southern europe in regions where the roman language had a strong influence la luna has often a female nuance whereas further north where the roman influence was less strong the male nuance remained (the man in the moon should be a term most of you are familiar with I guess [grin] ). It is a mark in the sky which catches the eye and therefore also the attention of humankind. Following the teaching of attention = "energy" flow I understand pretty well how you feel.

"Isis" always was my prefered interpretation of the moon and I kind of had my own ritual and shrine regarding her and her "eye". The rest is a little too personal for my taste to share this in an open forum.

Ramscha
bye bye

Hookko
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Hookko »

Oh now i get it =P
Yes i saw a long time ago some pictures of the male face in the moon, but for me like water and fire the sun is the male and the moon is female.
Actually here in Brazil even general substantives are male or female, the moon is an female substantive, so it is a she in our grammar.
And here the biggest religion is the catholic so people tend to see Mary on the moon surface.
I personally see the Japanese belief that is the Hare on the moon.

manofsands
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by manofsands »

I'm looking more for general effects... such as the vices and virtues of each quarter... energetically speaking, of course.
YOU ARE
where your
ATTENTION IS

there is no need to push the river... it will flow on its own

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

I've just started reading Mansions of The Moon, which is based on older sources like Agrippa and The Picatrix (among others). So far it seems like a very good introduction to Lunar Astrology, if that's what you're looking for.

~:Shin:~

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”