Skinwalkers: Shape-Shifting Native American Witches.

For difficult to define queries.

Horny Goat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Skinwalkers: Shape-Shifting Native American Witches.

Post by Horny Goat »

The skinwalkers. Much feared Native American witches with the ability to shape shift. From Navajo culture.

There is some material about these on the Internet, but not too much.

One of the few written accounts comes from a book called Meeting the Medicine Men by Charles Langley. Wether it's accounts are true or false, accurate or inaccurate I cannot know.

The author spends a night in a Navajo family home, deep inside the Navajo reservation, a huge geographical area inside the USA.

He hears three sharp knocks at the door in the middle of the night and opens the door to the visitor. There is no one there. He goes outside.

Outside he sees a form and approaches it as it moves about. It is a deer. But the way that it moves is unlike any other deer he has ever seen. It holds its head at an unnatural angle. It's legs are unsteady.

The family he's staying with are horrified that he opened the door. Horrified he went outside. They tell him how lucky he was to survive and that had he approached this creature and gotten close to it he would surely be dead. It was a skinwalker, shape-shifted into a deer. Hence it's unnatural movements and awkward body posture.

In the daylight he goes out to follow its tracks. They are deer tracks but wrongly laid out. They just disappear where he last saw it.

There are many skinwalkers plaguing the Navajo people. the family are being cursed.

The question is: do the skinwalkers acheive their shape-shifting by the power of their own mind or does a powerful spirit help them in their transformation? ( their are no good skinwalkers, only evil ones. Evidence of an evil spirit then?) if by the powers of the mind, and, commonplace, cannot others likewise acheive them?

Are the bodily transformations physical, etheric, astral or mental? Are they real or illusionary to others?

What are your opinions?

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Skinwalkers: Shape-Shifting Native American Witches.

Post by manonthepath »

Everyone present needs an apple cider vinegar enema along with burning smudge followed by three hours in a sweat lodge. Repeat if needed.

Yeshai
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Yeshai »

Forgive me for resurrecting an old post but...

I find this too interesting to keep quite about.
I don't believe "Shapeshifting" is solely a "astral" practice. There's many accounts in history and the present day in nearly every culture about people who transform their physical bodies into animals. The closest tale I know of was a witch my family knew in Pennsylvania.

Although spiritual, or "astral" shapeshifting and body swapping is possible and perhaps much easier, I do not believe the concept of physical shape-shifting should be dismissed.
Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

Horny Goat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Horny Goat »

No, I'm glad it's come back up. They are either leaving their physical bodies elsewhere and projecting their etheric(?) body out in the form of an animal, or else, they are still within their physical bodybut their etheric(?) or astral(?) body has been shape-shifted and it has been made more strongly visible than their physical body. Whichever, their movements are awkward and odd and presumably, in the case of transformation into werewolf or bear forms, they would have tremendous physical strength and the effects of their teeth and claws would be very real. Personally, I suspect they are working with some powerful spirits.

Adding to shape-shifting, old school occultist W.E. Butler in one of his books has a chapter that refers to something called the 'wine of the fauns' which in earlier centuries was used by witches to allow for the easy projection of the etheric body and in non-human forms too.

I'd have to find the book to confirm it's title and even if I got the author correct.

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

Howcome so many of the master occultists which are famous or infamous that know certain secrets prefer to remain hidden in the unknown? It's like they are foreign, no offence to any that may be lurking around here. Why do they cut off contact with people including some who may be fellow occultists or live as hermits? Often remaining in local folktale or rumours such as of a hermit occultist?

Will they ever come out of hiding? Especially the ones who may have even discovered a very high degree of hidden knowledge like the "skinwalkers" and rumoured "witches" in urban legend and so on if they exist?

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

Found a couple of sources on these occultists in urban legend or encounters. Think they are reliable or not? Post any if you got better(No I'm not arguing anything here):

http://theparanormalpastor.blogspot.com ... alker.html

There have been many sightings or reported encounters of them much like sightings/reported encounters with the bigfoot. Its said that in the ritual they must do something excruciatingly evil before they give up their humanity altogether somehow. They are said to be the most evil and malicious type of occultist, also still retain their consciousness upon achieving that state somehow and still practice their black magic. Still living/conscious + intelligent like us but no longer "human" apparently. People who only do evil/malice and to benefit themselves if they infact do exist which is likely due to the many accounts/experiences told. Its said they can only be killed/maimed by somebody else who has enough knowledge in the occult or with their help.

So just a tip: If you travel into any places where they are known to be seen make sure to bring a weapon. Spot one of them someday in the wilderness, just kill it before it can move on to kill/hurt more innocents or do the same to you. And make sure to have a strong will.

They seem to resemble dark dead/intranquil spirits for some reason.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

Liberator wrote:Howcome so many of the master occultists which are famous or infamous that know certain secrets prefer to remain hidden in the unknown? It's like they are foreign, no offence to any that may be lurking around here. Why do they cut off contact with people including some who may be fellow occultists or live as hermits? Often remaining in local folktale or rumours such as of a hermit occultist?

Will they ever come out of hiding? Especially the ones who may have even discovered a very high degree of hidden knowledge like the "skinwalkers" and rumoured "witches" in urban legend and so on if they exist?
Because people with unusual powers tend to attract public fear, distrust and jealousy, so it's safer to work in secret. Nobody wants to be the next witch burned. Plus many beings and traditions demand oaths of silence to work with them. Certain knowledge has always been taboo to reveal to outsiders. This is a difficult concept for the modern Western mind to comprehend, as steeped as it is in rational positivism and the belief that all knowledge is quantifiable.
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

the_spiral wrote:
Liberator wrote:Howcome so many of the master occultists which are famous or infamous that know certain secrets prefer to remain hidden in the unknown? It's like they are foreign, no offence to any that may be lurking around here. Why do they cut off contact with people including some who may be fellow occultists or live as hermits? Often remaining in local folktale or rumours such as of a hermit occultist?

Because people with unusual powers tend to attract public fear, distrust and jealousy, so it's safer to work in secret. Nobody wants to be the next witch burned. Plus many beings and traditions demand oaths of silence to work with them. Certain knowledge has always been taboo to reveal to outsiders. This is a difficult concept for the modern Western mind to comprehend, as steeped as it is in rational positivism and the belief that all knowledge is quantifiable.
Sorry, was a bit triggered before when I heard that they do all sorts of horrific acts to get it. Do you believe the stories about them doing so though? What is with most of them doing harmful things to people who encounter them or stalking them though? I just read some sources about them and apparently a native American tribe type hates them for that.

Horny Goat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Horny Goat »

It's certainly a very interesting article you have linked to. Thanks.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”