When is it a good idea to curse somebody?

For difficult to define queries.

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

When is it a good idea to curse somebody?

Post by Frumens »

Hello friendly occultists of terrifying power. How are you? I am fine.

I don't think I've ever cursed a person before, but other people on this forum have. I'm curious to know how you decide when it's the right time to curse somebody. If you believe in karma, how does that play into it?

I remember once on the old Enochian Magic forum a person was asking how to kill someone who had banned him from a forum. I'm pretty sure that that's not the right time to curse someone.

Love and thanks.
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: When is it a good idea to curse somebody?

Post by manonthepath »

True curses are messy nasty things all around. Some older curses I've found are truly evil and I'll never share them, but just bring the info to my grave. Karma is a very real part of the equation. To intentionally curse someone with the intention of causing them harm always comes with a high price. Much higher than one would pay from just taking a .45 to them. It is much more preferable to use spells to cause people to look at themselves and change. This is often painful enough for the recipient and comes at a much lower cost to you. A true curse spreads far beyond the target and usually infects all the people connected to that person and radiates out in all directions like water ripples from a stone dropped in a pool. Destructive curses are like war weapons. I personally tend to see them as a bit cowardly unless used against someone hiding and not accessable. One of the reasons I share so little in the way of secret stuff is that people often cause curses unintentionally. In general curses are things to be avoided because they are so destructive and come at such an incredibly high cost. Even the real contemplation of cursing someone is damaging, sometimes severely damaging. It is infinitely better for all involved to look to heal the injury that inspired the anger experienced that makes you want to curse a person. After all, we are here to learn and grow, not to hurt one another.

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

manonthepath wrote:True curses are messy nasty things all around. Some older curses I've found are truly evil and I'll never share them, but just bring the info to my grave. Karma is a very real part of the equation. To intentionally curse someone with the intention of causing them harm always comes with a high price. Much higher than one would pay from just taking a .45 to them. It is much more preferable to use spells to cause people to look at themselves and change. This is often painful enough for the recipient and comes at a much lower cost to you. A true curse spreads far beyond the target and usually infects all the people connected to that person and radiates out in all directions like water ripples from a stone dropped in a pool. Destructive curses are like war weapons. I personally tend to see them as a bit cowardly unless used against someone hiding and not accessable. One of the reasons I share so little in the way of secret stuff is that people often cause curses unintentionally. In general curses are things to be avoided because they are so destructive and come at such an incredibly high cost. Even the real contemplation of cursing someone is damaging, sometimes severely damaging. It is infinitely better for all involved to look to heal the injury that inspired the anger experienced that makes you want to curse a person. After all, we are here to learn and grow, not to hurt one another.
Okay, so I guess that means you also have never intentionally cursed someone. Am I right?
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

Frumens wrote:
manonthepath wrote:True curses are messy nasty things all around. Some older curses I've found are truly evil and I'll never share them, but just bring the info to my grave. Karma is a very real part of the equation. To intentionally curse someone with the intention of causing them harm always comes with a high price. Much higher than one would pay from just taking a .45 to them. It is much more preferable to use spells to cause people to look at themselves and change. This is often painful enough for the recipient and comes at a much lower cost to you. A true curse spreads far beyond the target and usually infects all the people connected to that person and radiates out in all directions like water ripples from a stone dropped in a pool. Destructive curses are like war weapons. I personally tend to see them as a bit cowardly unless used against someone hiding and not accessable. One of the reasons I share so little in the way of secret stuff is that people often cause curses unintentionally. In general curses are things to be avoided because they are so destructive and come at such an incredibly high cost. Even the real contemplation of cursing someone is damaging, sometimes severely damaging. It is infinitely better for all involved to look to heal the injury that inspired the anger experienced that makes you want to curse a person. After all, we are here to learn and grow, not to hurt one another.
Okay, so I guess that means you also have never intentionally cursed someone. Am I right?
I have cursed someone with malicious intent. I wish I hadn't. This is why I gave you the advice I have given.

ultimafool
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by ultimafool »

Never!

I've never cursed any one and never will. Knowing that "others" are really different parts of my(true)self (which is an "extension" of The Divine Source of All Things, as I like to call "IT", some call it God, it's the whole "we are one" thing, youknowhatimsayin'!), cursing others is no less than cursing myself and the entire multi-verse what makes up the Ultimate Reality!

By extension, it's never a good idea to harbor any ill will of any sort towards anyone, let alone causing physical violence like some kinda backwards, cave-dwelling reptoid.

It's like catching yourself looking pissy in a mirror and then getting miffed about your own pissy look to the point you spit on the image of yourself in the mirror and then thinking it was your reflection what spit at YOU so you punch that stupid guy right in his smug face! Then you wonder why you cut your hand and also seven years bad luck, which would equate to bad karma in this rambling, shambling metaphor.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

A lot of nasty magick has ended up on my doorstep over the years, sometimes because of me and sometimes because of other family members, but I've only ever thrown on real curse at someone with my full weight behind it. I did this because, at the time, I deemed that it was an action necessary to fully neutralize a perceived threat.

About...four, maybe five years ago, my parents were having a property dispute with their neighbor. Such things are serious matters in rural America, for those who do not know. At the time, this neighbor was dating what I think was a wiccan lady, who fancied herself a witch. Between the two of them, they got it into their heads that it was a good idea to metaphysically mess with my parents, to stir up trouble and to earn favor in their dispute. They were not very subtle about it, nor was anything they intended very pleasant.

So, we did two things. My mother, being a religious woman, walked around her entire property line chanting a scripture and throwing anointed oil over the whole property line. By the time she was done, she had erected a Ward that to this day thoroughly impresses me and effectively not only blocked but actively returned every spell thrown upon the residents of the property. When she finished I took the energy and symbolism of the Death card from the Tarot and made a sigil and an incantation, and placed my own curse upon the neighbor in order to ensure that the threat would cease.

Aside from the results that I saw metaphysically, I can objectively confirm that over the next year this neighbor ended up in the hospital more than once, jail on at least one occasion, was not able to hold together a relationship with his witch girl or any other woman he met, lost his business, and last I heard he was selling his property so that he could move halfway across the country and get away from everything that happened to him there.

Whether or not that is overkill is a matter of another discussion entirely, because none of what happened was my precise intent. What happened to him was a combination of his own spells being returned upon him, and a simple Change curse that prevented him from being prosperous as long as he lived where he did. And that, when working any curse, is something that must always be kept in mind - once you release any spell, curse or otherwise, what happens afterwards is not always in your control.

~:Shin:~

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

It is only a good idea if it can be perfectly justified.
And by perfect, I mean it must even follow the rule of Equivalent Exchange.
For example, I've used a death spell on an unborn child to prevent the life of its underage mother from spiraling into chaos. It was justified, the higher powers agreed, but they also exacted a toll of another unborn child from a mother of age. She is also an occult practitioner, and at the time, was assisting me with my spell. None of us expected the final result, we had only hoped for it to work halfway.
Magick works in profound ways, you see, but unless it is balanced, what you think is a good idea and if you act impulsively on it, it can easily damage your life.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

the_spiral
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by the_spiral »

This is a complicated question and ultimately boils down to the practitioner's paradigm and whether they believe in karma or not. I have enough knowledge to throw hex and enough baneful materials in my bag to cause harm both magical and mundane. While I feel safer and more well-rounded with such knowledge, I've never found the occasion to use it and hope I never do. I also do hoodoo work for family and friends and have occasionally gotten hex requests but I never felt the requester had a good enough reason. Plus I'm soft-hearted and I don't think I could handle the karmic or emotional weight of destroying someone's life unless they hurt me (or someone I loved) to the point where I lost all human compassion for them. And thankfully that's never happened in this lifetime. I see it as the difference between a responsible person who owns a gun for protection and a trigger-happy psycho who just enjoys the power it gives them over others (sorry, I'm a 'murican so I couldn't resist the gun metaphor [grin])

I have hurt someone through countermagic though and I regret it in retrospect. The person who threw the hex was immature and reacting out of pain and jealousy, and I'm sorry for sending so much bad mojo her way when a strongly worded rebuke would've worked just as well. An important part of magical development is learning not to use a sledgehammer to swat a fly. 99% of the time it's easier to just move on and enjoy a peaceful life while allowing karma to handle the offending party. I've also left occult forums in the past because I didn't like all the commenters with God complexes bragging about casting death spells and baneful magic at their postman for delivering the mail late. It's nice to see the commentariat here is a bit saner in regard to such matters!
"Follow the path of the radiant life force as she flashes upward like lightning through your body." - Vijanabhairava Tantra

Coffee_and_Burberry
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Coffee_and_Burberry »

Definitely listen to the ones above me. I'm still cleaning up a mess from when I was a child (and I am now 28). Children can be very powerful and omit tons of energy as they are unbound by the stresses of adulthood and responsibility. I was too smart for my own good then and too young to comprehend that there could be consequences (slap unknown natural ability on top of that). And I never believed in karma. It doesn't matter if you believe or not. I thought I was justified for what I'd done, as this person was hurting my mother. I don't think its up to anyone to decide whether its justified or not. If you genuinely make a hell for others, hell will follow you.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning..." A.C. 'BOL'

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

cyberdemon wrote:It is only a good idea if it can be perfectly justified.
And by perfect, I mean it must even follow the rule of Equivalent Exchange.
For example, I've used a death spell on an unborn child to prevent the life of its underage mother from spiraling into chaos. It was justified, the higher powers agreed, but they also exacted a toll of another unborn child from a mother of age. She is also an occult practitioner, and at the time, was assisting me with my spell. None of us expected the final result, we had only hoped for it to work halfway.
Magick works in profound ways, you see, but unless it is balanced, what you think is a good idea and if you act impulsively on it, it can easily damage your life.
The idea of Equivalent exchange is inherently flawed, which is why ancient alchemy, despite all it did, always had inherent flaws which failed at the more critical aspects. because in reality, the price is not 1:1, but rather 1:1.62 (in approximation),this is known as the Golden Ratio. So in reality, the exchange is actually steeper than what you get. You can see this in your example there, as an equivalent exchange for your action would be that another underage child would get pregnant, but that's not what happened. An of-age mother, one who is steeped in the occult rather lost her unborn child as well, which i would say is more than an equivalent price.

As for the OP... most people have stated what I believe, that they should not be undergone lightly or for petty things, but rather has to be absolutely justified, and all other options should be considered first. Curses are generally widespread and take on a life of their own, and are impossible to anticipate all the effects they will have. Once cast, they are immediately out of the casters control.

I've never had a cause to curse anyone, I've usually found different ways of taking care of situations.
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Horny Goat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Horny Goat »

I don't know when it's a good idea to curse someone but certainly there are evil people in this world, of varying degrees of personal power (the trouble is that there are just so damn many of them and there will always be more waiting in the wings to take their place) and you are justified in stopping these people from carrying out their crimes if that is something you choose to do. Saying you would NEVER curse is like saying that in times of war you would be a conscientious objector as you cannot bring yourself to kill.

I am not referring here to your old high school bullies, nor to the **** who was screwing your now ex-wife (and making a better job of it too - she let you know as she dumped you!) for eight months without your having a clue.

I refer to the physically and sexually violent criminals sitting in our jails awaiting release to offend again. Every nation has it's monstrous serial killers, child killers and sex attackers. The reoffending rate for released murderers and rapists are so high that more innocent lives are lost by their release than by state execution of people who are actually innocent. I refer to those with great political and economic power which they use to enrich themselves and oppress others in cast numbers with deadly force. There will always be another Hitler. There will always be another Stalin. The monstrous dictators of the 20th century are not a thing of the past.

Karma, and the term has a number of different meanings, is a concept used to control and limit people's actions, just like the Christian idea of heaven and hell. Karma is an unproven and unprovable concept. As is reincarnation. Without the latter, karma is nonsense as when will it 'catch up' with you, yet there is no basis for assuming that reincarnation is something that happens quite automatically for all, or nearly all, human beings. Some systems of belief teach that reincarnation does exist but that you must not assume it to be an automatic process. If you want to reincarnate then learn how to do it before you die. Set it up whilst still alive. This is similar to the idea that you can survive bodily death but must learn to do so before you die. Do not assume it to be an automatic thing occurring to all.

I believe that you can curse monsters if you so wish but they should be either rapists or murderers, or else war-mongering politicians and the rich who encourage them. Whether the latter classes have divine protection from being allied to dark forces is another matter.

Also, if you are going to curse, you should have no sense of guilt, nor of deserving self-punishment, nor sense of doom lying in your own subconscious as they will bring about your downfall.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

What do you think is evil?
I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Horny Goat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Horny Goat »

Evil: serial killers. Rapists. Murderers. Child rapists. Child killers. Etc.They are small fry.

Evil on a larger scale: rich men who see the chance to get richer through war and lobby for it. The politicians whose strings they pull. So, that's oilmen, bankers, any type of dictator, pretty much the whole of the US government. So many die for their power and greed.

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

I dont curse people.

I draw a line in the sand and destroy all who arent welcome to cross it and do.

My posture alone prevents those who arent welcome from coming close.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”