Slenderman Crime and Thoughtforms

For difficult to define queries.

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Slenderman Crime and Thoughtforms

Post by Frumens »

http://doubtfulnews.com/2014/06/slender ... ed-murder/

Hi friendly occultists. I recently read about these two twelve year old girls who attempted to murder another twelve year old girl as an offering to the spooky Internet meme Slenderman. The way the story went down, it sounds like these two girls made a cult out of Slenderman and took it to deadly levels. Very sad turn of events that reminds us of the dangers of overactive imagination and inattentive parenting. One of the girls was deemed mentally unstable.

The reason this thread is in Off-Topic (Occult) is that an exorcist wrote a book arguing that Slenderman has become a real psychic entity that's out to harm people. Is it possible that all the hype over this fictional character could create some type of sentient thoughtform that's really messing with people? Is it possible for individual people with active imaginations to put enough energy into an idea like this that it actually manifests? Imaginary friend on steroids? I wonder if this is how some religions/cults got started.

I don't know much about the occult, but this reminds me of Chaos magic groups that work with Cthulu and stuff like that. In theory, could a group of occultists to come together, create an entity based on Slenderman, and then send it out into the world, kind of like DKMU and Ellis?
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

manofsands
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Slenderman Crime and Thoughtforms

Post by manofsands »

Look up egregore... in the forum and/ or google.
YOU ARE
where your
ATTENTION IS

there is no need to push the river... it will flow on its own

Clockwork Ghost
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Clockwork Ghost »

Frumens wrote: I don't know much about the occult, but this reminds me of Chaos magic groups that work with Cthulu and stuff like that. In theory, could a group of occultists to come together, create an entity based on Slenderman, and then send it out into the world, kind of like DKMU and Ellis?
Sort of, yeah. Slenderman is what's called an 'egregore', which is when a person invents some spiritual being and gets a bunch of other people to give it belief and make it true. Ellis is sort of an egregore, but her purpose is to join things together, so she is more a 'node' - you don't need to believe in her for her to work. Cthulu is a 'god-form', which is like an egregore that has developed an existence of it's own outside of the groups belief.

manonthepath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by manonthepath »

Frumens wrote:http://doubtfulnews.com/2014/06/slender ... ed-murder/

Hi friendly occultists. I recently read about these two twelve year old girls who attempted to murder another twelve year old girl as an offering to the spooky Internet meme Slenderman. The way the story went down, it sounds like these two girls made a cult out of Slenderman and took it to deadly levels. Very sad turn of events that reminds us of the dangers of overactive imagination and inattentive parenting. One of the girls was deemed mentally unstable.

The reason this thread is in Off-Topic (Occult) is that an exorcist wrote a book arguing that Slenderman has become a real psychic entity that's out to harm people. Is it possible that all the hype over this fictional character could create some type of sentient thoughtform that's really messing with people? Is it possible for individual people with active imaginations to put enough energy into an idea like this that it actually manifests? Imaginary friend on steroids? I wonder if this is how some religions/cults got started.

I don't know much about the occult, but this reminds me of Chaos magic groups that work with Cthulu and stuff like that. In theory, could a group of occultists to come together, create an entity based on Slenderman, and then send it out into the world, kind of like DKMU and Ellis?
You don't need a group of occultists to create a thing like this. It is possible for any person to bring about an energetic manifestetion. It is also quite likely that this entity has been around for a long time and has assumed the identity you mention. If you want to learn more about this you might want to research the writings of Karl Jung and his theories on archetypes. These entities are brought into manifestation by focused attention and emotio-cognitive energy dynamics. Matter is energy and energy is an ever changing dynamic. We are the creators of many things in the cosmos, heck there are those out there, who feel we create the cosmos. On the other hand, there are entities out there that are much older than man. These are the things that lurked in the dark just outside of the light of early man's campfire, watching, lurking feeding, and learning. One can only deal effectively with these things through profound self-cultivation.

Eremita
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Eremita »

[pop-geek]
There was an episode of Supernatural that explored that very question. Some kids broke into an abandoned house, spray-painted a bunch of meaningless occult looking symbols on the walls and then spread a rumour in town that the place had been the ritual site of a Satanic death cult and that it was now haunted by a restless spirit who would murder anyone who went near it. The rumour finds its way to the internet, and suddenly 100,000 people believe in the angry murderous spirit, so that he actually manifests and starts attacking people near the old house.
[/pop-geek]

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

Ha! And with the group of people who want to begin censoring Slenderman, the whole thing is almost like Nightmare on Elm Street. There was another 13-year-old girl who attacked her mother wearing a makeshift Slenderman costume. Fact is scarier than fiction. I don't wanna live in a horror movie... [bummed]
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Matrozs
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Matrozs »

I remember when I first heard about slender(' ')man back in 2010 , due to my excellent storytelling abilities I caused some of my friends a couple of restless nights. I never thought that people will take a few stories and edited images seriously, but if there are thousands of people concentrating so much negative energy , it may form something , especially if skilled magick practicioners have nothing better to do.
Most of it is bs anyway and what these kids did is probably the result of poor parenting and too much creepypastas before bed.
The idea of slender man is already creepy , and I heard that an entity can monopolize entire energy channels . What if there are more of them out there? slenderman and slender man ?? [oh] [oh]
Vjalár mekrum wyrd hrywn.

Candy Ray
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Candy Ray »

In theory, could a group of occultists to come together, create an entity based on Slenderman, and then send it out into the world, kind of like DKMU and Ellis?
I can give you a little update about this because I was in DKMU when all this furore broke out about the Slenderman related murders. They discussed it quite a bit and most of them believed Slenderman had turned into a real entity, and then Arjil (the guy who made Elllis) cast some spells to try and reprogram Slenderman as a more benevolant entity. Some of us helped him with that by writing Slenderman stories and charging them, or if anyone was not confident he charged them for us. So the Slenderman egregore has taken some knocks intended to reshape it as more friendly, and Arjil claims that after these workings someone who had an unhealthy interest in the evil Slenderman "couldn't find him."

I wrote two Slenderman stories which are on my Facebook page for my writings- I think my first story was best. (Let me know if you want to read them!) With the first story I had an incredibly interesting experience - I was dwelling on it afterwards,which I frequently do with stuff I write, and I sensed something or someone telling me not to and to forget it. Later I discovered that with hypersigils you are meant to dwell on them, so that means there are two kinds of story magick and with one kind you dwell on it and with the other you forget it, like a sigil.So that is something to look into, when it is appropriate to use one of them and when it is appropriate to use the other.
See my blog for micro-fiction, poems, a few weird articles and links to my books: https://candyrayblog.wordpress.com

Frumens
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Frumens »

Candy Ray wrote:

In theory, could a group of occultists to come together, create an entity based on Slenderman, and then send it out into the world, kind of like DKMU and Ellis?
I can give you a little update about this because I was in DKMU when all this furore broke out about the Slenderman related murders. They discussed it quite a bit and most of them believed Slenderman had turned into a real entity, and then Arjil (the guy who made Elllis) cast some spells to try and reprogram Slenderman as a more benevolant entity. Some of us helped him with that by writing Slenderman stories and charging them, or if anyone was not confident he charged them for us. So the Slenderman egregore has taken some knocks intended to reshape it as more friendly, and Arjil claims that after these workings someone who had an unhealthy interest in the evil Slenderman "couldn't find him."

I wrote two Slenderman stories which are on my Facebook page for my writings- I think my first story was best. (Let me know if you want to read them!) With the first story I had an incredibly interesting experience - I was dwelling on it afterwards,which I frequently do with stuff I write, and I sensed something or someone telling me not to and to forget it. Later I discovered that with hypersigils you are meant to dwell on them, so that means there are two kinds of story magick and with one kind you dwell on it and with the other you forget it, like a sigil.So that is something to look into, when it is appropriate to use one of them and when it is appropriate to use the other.
That's so awesome. Please send my thanks to all the people who prevented Nightmare on Elm Street from becoming a reality!
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”