mind and magick youtube channel

For difficult to define queries.

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

mind and magick youtube channel

Post by Desecrated »

I kinda like this guy. He talks very slow and laughs at his own jokes, but some of the stuff he says actually makes a lot of sense. (and some of it makes very little sense).
Give it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/user/mindandmagick/videos

Candy Ray
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: mind and magick youtube channel

Post by Candy Ray »

Someone recommended this on a Facebook group and I liked the first few lessons but I am still trying to do the mental exercise in lesson 1. I don't mind admitting it either because there's something special about this- it's a technique you do all the time rather than once a day like most of them. You are supposed to monitor all your thoughts and accept the positive ones and reject the negative ones. I've found that trying it causes mental strain because if I was doing it I would be in higher state of consciousness than my usual one, something like mindfulness. But I still feel it's a very important fundamental that most of us miss out, so I've been working on adapting it so that it more closely resembles standard positive thinking and is easier to do.

I did notice there were some eccentricities in the lessons further on and some quite extravagant claims but I'm being strict with myself and not listening to them till I get somewhere with this exercise. I'm sure every one of us would benefit by going back to the beginning and doing it.
See my blog for micro-fiction, poems, a few weird articles and links to my books: https://candyrayblog.wordpress.com

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Candy Ray wrote:Someone recommended this on a Facebook group and I liked the first few lessons but I am still trying to do the mental exercise in lesson 1. I don't mind admitting it either because there's something special about this- it's a technique you do all the time rather than once a day like most of them. You are supposed to monitor all your thoughts and accept the positive ones and reject the negative ones. I've found that trying it causes mental strain because if I was doing it I would be in higher state of consciousness than my usual one, something like mindfulness. But I still feel it's a very important fundamental that most of us miss out, so I've been working on adapting it so that it more closely resembles standard positive thinking and is easier to do.

I did notice there were some eccentricities in the lessons further on and some quite extravagant claims but I'm being strict with myself and not listening to them till I get somewhere with this exercise. I'm sure every one of us would benefit by going back to the beginning and doing it.
It's a good exorcise. You can actually listen to lesson number 2 and 3, because he explains a little bit more on why it is such a good exorcise.

And yes. It does take a lot of energy in the beginning.
It's like lifting weights = the first weeks is hard. The first months are harder. But that is how you get results.

Deathquota
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Deathquota »

I stumbled onto this guy a few weeks back. Mostly knew the majority of the things this guy says in the early lessons. Still incredibly useful, though, and I'm pretty sure it is easy to forget some of this.This is exactly what I am training myself to do right now, I am not even sure if it is possible to truly master your thoughts. Along the lines of what he says, I am now thoroughly convinced I need to remain completely disconnected from social media, I haven't ever received beneficial thoughts from it.
Studying tantra with my entire soul right now, If you mind.

Candy Ray
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Candy Ray »

Desecrated wrote: It's a good exorcise. You can actually listen to lesson number 2 and 3, because he explains a little bit more on why it is such a good exorcise.

And yes. It does take a lot of energy in the beginning.
It's like lifting weights = the first weeks is hard. The first months are harder. But that is how you get results.
I did listen to lessons 2 and 3, but no further. Frater Xavier is to be commended for putting an exercise like that right at the beginning, to 'sort the men from the boys' straight away. I haven't come across anyone else who does that, and if you post public lessons that anyone can access that's just what you should do. Experienced practitioners as well realize with a shock that they left out that stage!
See my blog for micro-fiction, poems, a few weird articles and links to my books: https://candyrayblog.wordpress.com

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Post by Desecrated »

Deathquota wrote:I am not even sure if it is possible to truly master your thoughts.
I know people who have practice zen buddhism for 40 years and still haven't achieved this yet.
But, that is why it's so important to start practicing it right now :D

Innerspace
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Innerspace »

Deathquota wrote:I stumbled onto this guy a few weeks back. Mostly knew the majority of the things this guy says in the early lessons. Still incredibly useful, though, and I'm pretty sure it is easy to forget some of this.This is exactly what I am training myself to do right now, I am not even sure if it is possible to truly master your thoughts. Along the lines of what he says, I am now thoroughly convinced I need to remain completely disconnected from social media, I haven't ever received beneficial thoughts from it.
There are great exercises out there that can give you the ability to shut down the mind at will. I know of a few.

antsubut
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by antsubut »

Innerspace wrote: There are great exercises out there that can give you the ability to shut down the mind at will. I know of a few.
Will you mind helping a person in need with those few exercise?

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”