Case of lost faith

For difficult to define queries.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Case of lost faith

Post by cyberdemon »

I've been extremely busy with life lately. I haven't had time to indulge in occult thoughts for a while, and the mundane is slowly eroding my faith. I'm trying to get a project started, an evocation experiment to be specific, but that's taking too long.

Anyway, how do ye of "faith" keep it when in a situation where you're just simply too busy to give it the thought it deserves/needs?
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Case of lost faith

Post by Shinichi »

Faith isn't an issue when metaphysics is a fact of daily life, whether I am distracted by mundane work or not. I don't believe in Magick, and I don't just practice it - I experience it.

~:Shin:~

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by cyberdemon »

If I compare current life to the rest of human civilization we're living in the midst of so much magick that magick itself's gotten mundane. Send help.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Sypheara
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Sypheara »

I see the opposite. Modern life is mostly composed of what the old gnostics would refer to as Hylics.

It probably is vastly different for you as you practice a very vastly different form of magic. For me, the sigil of my path is carved into my flesh, and from it the energy of that reinvigorates me every day.

As Shinichi says, once you are living it rather than it being a study or hobby, it doesn't really become a concern because it becomes a self evident reality you cant step back from.
'Flores noctis sumus atque alas pandimus, In profundis tenebrarum.'
Feel free to visit my blog at http://www.theluciferianrevolution.com
(admin approved link)

palindrom
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by palindrom »

cyberdemon wrote:If I compare current life to the rest of human civilization we're living in the midst of so much magick that magick itself's gotten mundane. Send help.
i think, what's getting more mundane is a lot of knowledge about magic.
the processes still have to be done almost completely alone, with your own person, personality. and this, i guess, will always be a mostly hidden, very personal thing, where you yourself just get about half of it, because the other half is happening in your sub- and superconscious.

so, to live a full, a distracted life is certainly still your path, in my opinion.
however, i for my part love to give space, lots of space and time for my "spiritual development" (if there is someting like that at all...).

...sometimes i wonder, if people who don't do this are actually the ones who, in another life or so, worked it all out, and now all they have to do is live... [tongue2]

pali [happyface]

Ušušur
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Ušušur »

cyberdemon wrote:I've been extremely busy with life lately. I haven't had time to indulge in occult thoughts for a while, and the mundane is slowly eroding my faith. I'm trying to get a project started, an evocation experiment to be specific, but that's taking too long.

Anyway, how do ye of "faith" keep it when in a situation where you're just simply too busy to give it the thought it deserves/needs?
I'm maintaining my spiritual hygiene. No 'big things' (such as your evocation experiment or similar). Just sort of staying in touch with myself with little daily rituals that help me remind myself what is important.

Even when I'm in a bad mood in the morning or feel lazy/depressed/uninspired, I do my regular ki-exercise and meditate. For example, I started going earlier to sleep just so I could wake up earlier and do all that stuff before I go to work. Time management is perhaps the core point here.

I would advise anyone to keep small daily rituals just to get rid of everyday trash that we unconsciously pick up during the day, whether it's the mind, body or spirit that gets contaminated. There's all sort of shit around us, just walking down the street and minding your own business is like walking through the overpopulated valley of mad vermin taking a piss everywhere they want. You can't avoid all the puddles along the way, you know?

Well, bad analogies aside [rofl] , I'd say my answer is a) time management and b) consistency.

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

The others have pretty much summed it up - have a regularly scheduled exercise which puts you in touch with the spiritual side of things, even if it's small. On my busiest days I still make a point of squeezing on a 20 minute chi kung session - it's a lot easier to remind yourself of the spiritual nature of reality when you're buzzing with tangible vital energy.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

magari
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by magari »

Set a goal. Challenge yourself.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

I think that what Cybernetic_Jazz have in signature is answer:
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.
You always choose on what you spent your energy and time. [grin]

Have fun and Praise Teh Sun \[T]/ [cool]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

palindrom wrote: ...sometimes i wonder, if people who don't do this are actually the ones who, in another life or so, worked it all out, and now all they have to do is live... [tongue2]

pali [happyface]
Haha, yeah, perhaps not everyone but I have met people with enough natural grace to make me wonder sometimes.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

777Sloan
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 777Sloan »

cyberdemon wrote:I've been extremely busy with life lately. I haven't had time to indulge in occult thoughts for a while, and the mundane is slowly eroding my faith. I'm trying to get a project started, an evocation experiment to be specific, but that's taking too long.

I suggest not viewing your life and occult thinking as needing to be separate. Find a way to blend the two. Such as: If you work some sort of 9-5 job, see if you can find minor ways to "magically" manipulate things such as the thought waves of others in a manner by which they will be unaware. This keeps interactions fresh and interesting. While I interact with folks, I appear to be a run of the mill fellow on the outside in their eyes, but am simultaneously subtly modifying the thought waves and emotions of them in a way they cannot know or understand. This is quite exhilarating and informative.

Keep in mind this form of magic might also be considered "telepathy" in some circles.

Magic pervades all that is regardless of if we be aware of it; the only meaningful difference is whether or not we *consciously* know this moment to moment. Hopefully deeper inspiration sparks within you.

If it's meant to be, it will be.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”