Cannabis Magick

For difficult to define queries.

SunLover
Forum Member
Forum Member

Cannabis Magick

Post by SunLover »

How does one use cannabis in a magickal way? Thanks for the help, I'm still new to Magick.

frackture
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Cannabis Magick

Post by frackture »

Don't take this wrong, and i might be projecting something on you that is totally wrong, but it seems you are trying to smoke a few more joints with the excuse of doing magic.

I'm a smoker and a novice in magic myself, so take my opinion as such.
From my experience I would say that you shouldn't rely on drugs for your magic practices. That said, some drugs might help you at some points of your journey (and if you search a bit you will find many rituals that evolve some type of drug, even Liber Null has a few pages about it).

That said, I would strongly advise against a regular practice under the influence of drugs. The path of a mage is not to create addictions, is to release them.

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

Don't take this wrong, and i might be projecting something on you that is totally wrong, but it seems you are trying to smoke a few more joints with the excuse of doing magic.
[wink]

I agree, if we are mistaken I am sorry. [tongue]

If you are new, let me give you a hint: Try to master basics sober. After you get comfortable with your knowledge and experiences then you should experiment with ideas like that. Drugs can help but often they will couse lot of problems for unprepared. [eg]

Have a good day and Praise teh Sun within Cloud \[T]/ [cool]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

I think you're definition of Cannabis is wrong. It's not a plant you use for magick. Cannabis and other psychedelics are sacred teaching plants used for expanding the mind, and shifting consciousness so that you can learn about yourself without preconceived Ego-definitions getting in the way.

So if you want to use Cannabis, use it ceremonially. Have respect for the Spirit of Cannabis and ask her/him to teach you what you need to know (not what you want to know). Smoke a very small amount (less then half of what you normally would smoke just to 'get high' and meditate on this intention.

Safe travels, brother Psychonaut
[cool]
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 420 »

frackture wrote: The path of a mage is not to create addictions, is to release them.
There is no physical addiction associated with marijuana.
Free or drug free? America can't be both!

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

Ignoring everything everyone else has said here, because it's mostly irrelevant;
Back in my budding days of sympathetic magick with poppets and other random fetishes, I would charge various charms with un-inhaled cannabis smoke, smoked from a hand made pipe dedicated to the Goddess.

Otherwise, the best ways of using cannabis is (unfortunately like many have said) to not use it. I'm an extremely heavy smoker, so I guess I'm always a little bit dulled out, but I generally like to be sober or at least stimulated when performing magick. I feel (after years of smoking) it closes your awareness and leaves you susceptible to outside forces when under the influence. From what I've read around here, a lot of people agree with me.

So, all in all, if you're working with the earth or with nature spirits in any way, Cannabis is definitely one of the most powerful herbs you can use (for reasons that should be obvious.) I have a tiny gris-gris bag that's still charged after one small breath of energy that went into it, enhanced with cannabis smoke.
Also, you don't always need to smoke it. That's probably the worst way to go, in reality. Cooking it is a better alternative if you want to still get the intoxicated effects. Otherwise, a lot of my buds have ended up under a tree, offered as a gift. The spirits are a lot more kind when you aren't destroying pieces of them for your own gain.

And otherwise, simply keep your party habits separate from your magickal ones. If you *EVER* smoke with friends or socially, you probably don't want to be using it in your magick. Find another herb to use. Smoke chamomile for magick, or blue lotus.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Haelos
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Haelos »

420 wrote:
frackture wrote: The path of a mage is not to create addictions, is to release them.
And while there is no physical addiction, there is a mental addiction, which is probably worse.
This is a tired argument that means absolutely nothing these days.
Addiction is addiction.
"God is an imprecise name for the only thing in the universe that actually exists."
Tell me what you know about darkness, and I will tell you about the light.
Selected Contributions;
Planetary Associations of Common Intoxicants
The Mysteries of Death

https://hdagaz.wordpress.com/

Maya The Generator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Maya The Generator »

Haelos wrote:
420 wrote:
And while there is no physical addiction, there is a mental addiction, which is probably worse.
This is a tired argument that means absolutely nothing these days.
Addiction is addiction.
Exactly [tongue]
Illusion is the first of the pleasures.
The bomb of entropic chaos.
If some assholes levels a twelve gauge your way, you drain him, skin him and bash in his skull. Self-preservation is vital part of humanity after all. My favorite part, in fact
My mind is telling me NOOO but my BODY, MY BODY is telling me YEAS

Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by 420 »

The difference is a physical need as opposed to a mental desire. That's a significant difference to me. What's tired is the same old brain dead war on drugs rhetoric.
Free or drug free? America can't be both!

Quyrm
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Quyrm »

I find the best time to use cannabis in ritual is after banishing and preforming a power-raising ritual such as a middle pillar ritual or elemental invocation. The apparent effect of doing so seems to be that it soaks up the intention of your magick similar to how a zucchini takes on the flavor of whatever it is cooked with.

Ingesting it first just makes you cloudy and detracts from your focus, in my experience. When used properly, it can be a very powerful catalyst in magick.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”