Spirit called Geron

For difficult to define queries.

Belial
Benefactor
Benefactor

Spirit called Geron

Post by Belial »

The other day I was doing some magic work and had meditated up like usual. In the midst of this I was interrupted by a strange being. He was some manner of fish spirit, like an unattractive merman with a wide fish mouth. It identified itself as "Geron" to me, and it seemed oddly enthusiastic about working together. My wife meditated a couple days later and picked up on some fish guy presence supposed to be affiliated, and she got the sense of the name "Dagon". I've done some rudimentary research, Geron came back as something from Greek mythology, Dagon came back as something from Mesopotamia. Both seem to be fish related entities.

Normally I would just see what happens and act accordingly, but my work has taken a rather specific aim as of late, and I thought I'd reach out to the community and see if anybody could share information or thoughts on the matter. I'm wondering what if any relation these entities have, or if they fill a specific overlapping sort of archetype or something. Has anybody worked with these or something like this before, and how was the experience? Do you think they could be useful for anything?

I'm kind of on the line about what to do with fish man, and I was hoping I might get some insight from the magical community before deciding whether or not to do anything with them. If not I'll just have to sea what happens.

cyberdemon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Spirit called Geron

Post by cyberdemon »

Belial wrote:If not I'll just have to sea what happens.
I sea what you did there! Brilliant.

Anyway, working with upper-classmen have pros and cons. Find out what it wants versus what it's offering and if you believe it's worth it, go for it. If not, there's no need to entertain the beings further and license them to depart.
on hiatus. contact via elsewhere.

Stukov
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Stukov »

I am the Watcher.
I am the Wanderer.
I am the Whisper.
I am the Warden.
I am the Weaver.

Unesdala
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Unesdala »

I have no personal interactions with Geron, nor have I heard of them before. Though, I have had interactions with Dagon (limited as they have been.)

I don't know his motivations. And I would be hesitant to answer him, pending on what it is you want. From research, he is a God of agriculture. More specifically akin to fertility and reproduction. Due to this, he was seen as a patron amongst farmers.

From my experience, he has an interest in war. At the very least, when I first met him, he was clad in armour. Along with his body (built very heavy and muscular, akin to a body builder), that was my perception at the very least. I suppose it isn't indicative entirely of his motivations, but I've met few who show up in such who haven't had, at the very least, a small interest within such.

I haven't had enough interaction to vouch on how trustworthy he is. Nor have I had enough to be able to get a good read on his overall motivations on more of a whole (Short of historical stuff) but ...

I'd say if you do intend to interact, be hesitant. Eagerness doesn't sit well with me without both parties knowing the full ramifications of deals being offered.

Caerdon
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Caerdon »

Oh geez... when I first read the topic I read it as Goron and was going to suggest that it may have been too much Zelda-ing...
But hmm, two aquatic beings contacting you both is a weird coincidence.
Anyways, from some research that I've done, Geron is another name for Nereus, one of the Greek pantheon, son of Pontus and Gaia, and is known as the "Old Man of the Sea" (from the Illiad). From what i gather he was one of the Sea gods before Poseidon
Time is but an illusion in perception and is only perceived to pass by at the same moments together for us all... which is, quite frankly, me saying to not expect from me in a timely manner!
-I am but a simple wanderer... Though I may be gone for immeasurable time, always do I return.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”