question concerning a bardon-exercise

For difficult to define queries.

palindrom
Forum Member
Forum Member

question concerning a bardon-exercise

Post by palindrom »

hello [happyface]

i'm doing this exercise from bardon, where you go with your attention into an object, trying to sense how it is to be this object, eventually even see the world from this objects perspective.
now, lately i have become sidetracked; when i concentrate on the object, i always feel like i should ask for permission before entering it with my consciousness...
and then i start to debate with myself if that's needed now, and i doubt if i can do this right since i'm no shaman and not really trained in contacting spirits yet, and bardon didn't write anyting about asking for permission, but i like to be polite with everything, and the exercise is kind of lost for me... [tongue2]

...so, what is your experience with this, and your counsel for me?

greetings!

pali

Desecrated
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: question concerning a bardon-exercise

Post by Desecrated »

If you get an intuition to do something. Do it.
A book can only point you in a general direction, you yourself have to figure out the finer details.

(If it feels like you should be doing something, do it.
If you read a ritual and it feels like you can do without a certain part. skip it. *)

*obviously a dangerous advice that shouldn't be given to all beginners. Learning the basics is important. But following them slavishly is stupid.

Shinichi
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Shinichi »

You don't need to ask permission, but if you feel the urge to be polite, it's not going to hurt anything. Just do it and see if it makes your practice easier.

~:Shin:~

Rin
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Rin »

What Shin said.

What are you practicing on? If you're using living objects then I can understand (and would even recommend) asking permission, but it shouldn't be necessary for simple inanimate objects which I believe the exercise was intended for.
"The path of the Sage is called
'The Path of Illumination'
he who gives himself to this path
is like a block of wood
that gives itself to the chisel-
cut by cut it is honed to perfection"

- DDJ, Verse 27

"It's still magic even if you know how it's done." - Terry Pratchett

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”