Apocalyptic dream

For difficult to define queries.

PoisonPen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Apocalyptic dream

Post by PoisonPen »

I'm an experienced lucid dreamer and I don't usually have difficulty interpreting my dreams, often with the help of the Anima (who personifies as Christina Applegate in my dreams). Every now and then, however, I have dreams which have a particularly strong effect on me and which I am not able to understand, probably because of the emotional freight attached. Often the meaning becomes clear in retrospect, when it's too late to benefit from what my subconscious has been trying to tell me.

I had a dream recently which has been playing in my mind for weeks. Perhaps someone here can assist in shedding some light on it.

I leave my house and look up, seeing the Moon coming over the horizon, and it looks enormous. I stare, fascinated, since I can see every crater and sharply-defined shadow on its surface. There is someone beside me, though I'm not sure who it is, and I say, "Look how beautiful the Moon is tonight."

My companion says, in a tone of mixed contempt and pity for my ignorance, "That's not beautiful. And it's not the Moon. That's the Moon."

I follow my companion's finger and realize the Moon is up in the sky, a tiny, bright ball of its usual size. And with dawning horror I realize that what I had been looking at must be some asteroid, moon, or planet which is so close to the Earth that it fills half the horizon and is likely to destroy the entire world at any moment. My shock and horror at the realization of what's about to happen is so strong that I haven't been able to stop thinking about this dream for weeks. The Anima is not being helpful, and since the Moon is an archetypal female figure, I have a suspicion that the reason she's silent on the meaning of this dream is that it involves her.

Any ideas?

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Apocalyptic dream

Post by corvidus »

Very interesting dream you've got there ;)

Have you been doing any Lunar rituals/meditations lately? It reminds me of the Khechari Mudra, which is the 'liquor of the gods' drank from the third eye/Lunar crown. This is sometimes considered a baptism by the holy spirit, which is metaphorically and literally, a washing away of the filfth from the earth.

So while you are seeing a gigantic Moon that is not the real Moon, I think it is suggesting this force operating in the background.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

PoisonPen
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by PoisonPen »

I had an unusual experience recently which may be connected. I hadn't seen the connection initially, but for some reason what you've written is causing my subconscious to draw my mind to it.

I was waiting for a bus and some guy I didn't know stopped and asked me if I was "that tarot guy." I told him I did, in fact, do tarot readings, and he told me I'd given one to his mother, and that he needed to talk to me. He offered to give me a lift wherever I was going, so I hopped in. He was a fundie christer and expressed concern at tarot as being supernatural, so I explained to him how tarot actually works (apophenia, subconscious archetypal connections, and cold reading) and he was relieved. He then explained to me that he'd seen me several times in the last couple of weeks walking down the street and each time felt compelled by God to talk to me. Tonight he had finally given in. I asked him if he had a message for me and he said he did.

He then explained to me that I needed to thank God for what I had been given, and that in order to do so, I need to create a personal relationship with God. I've never felt the need to draw an arbitrary human-shaped outline around the forces of the Universe and create a god. I understand that there is a pattern, a pattern too vast for me to truly see or understand in its entirety, but I can perceive there is a pattern, whether it's called Tao or the morphic field or the collective unconscious. He said that it's become important for me to begin seeing this force in a more personal way, so that I can be thankful to it. He went on to tell me that I had become close to God, for which he envied me, and that this was the next step in my journey. And then he said that I had some very difficult times ahead of me, but that if I remained strong and thankful, I would emerge successful.

For some reason I get the feeling that what you've explained and this encounter are connected, although I can't see it consciously right now. I think I'll do some dream work on it tonight and see what happens. Thanks.

corvidus
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by corvidus »

No problem.
PoisonPen wrote: He then explained to me that I needed to thank God for what I had been given, and that in order to do so, I need to create a personal relationship with God. I've never felt the need to draw an arbitrary human-shaped outline around the forces of the Universe and create a god. I understand that there is a pattern, a pattern too vast for me to truly see or understand in its entirety, but I can perceive there is a pattern, whether it's called Tao or the morphic field or the collective unconscious.
Wonderful to hear. If I could add one more thing... Speaking of the Tao, Laozi writes about embodying the Tao in Chapter 1 of the Tao Te Ching:

"The Tao that can be trodden is not the enduring and unchanging Tao. The name that can be named is not the enduring and unchanging name. (Conceived of as) having no name, it is the Originator of heaven and earth; (conceived of as) having a name, it is the Mother of all things."

Which interestingly enough, brings us back to the feminine forces of the Moon archetype.
Free yourself from the seduction of words.

Lucius
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Lucius »

This is very interesting, not gonna lie reading your description of your dream sent shivers down my spine. Only because, and I'm sure many of us here can relate to this, I can only imagine how real and terrifying that must have been for you.

What do you think the entity next to you was? Maybe it was your anima?

I have to be honest, I don't pay much attention to my dreams, I've been dreaming the same dream for the past 2 years like clockwork now and it's just something I've got used to, saying that it's a little different every night.

I wasn't going to write anything here as this seemed pretty much resolved, however I did get an impression from your description. Maybe rather than some apocalyptic event in your life, the dream is a sign to keep your eyes open for a guide to help you avoid this misfortune?

Anyways best of luck!

Lucius.
Lucius RavenCroft.
First Captain of the Dark Order and Consultant Exorcist.

"The man with the cat wearing the tin foil hat told me to go this way- where am I again?"

https://addictedtothememories.wordpress.com/

http://www.google.com/+LuciusRavenCroft

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”