Why are children afflicted with serious ailments?

For difficult to define queries.

Horny Goat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Why are children afflicted with serious ailments?

Post by Horny Goat »

Just read a very sad story in a magazine. A young girl born with a large, benign but i removable facial tumour. See pics of her at three (cute), eight (cute), and fifteen - how important are your looks at that age? All teen girls want to be beautiful. The pics are quite heartbreaking that a child should be so afflicted.

This has made me think of the many children born facially deformed and how it affects their lives. Also, of those who from an early age have serious illnesses. Why is this? Is it for a spiritual reason? Is it karma? A punishment, or a consequence of a previous incarnation? Or is it a cross they have chosen to bear in order to learn through being 'imperfect'?

With regards to this; there's a condition called autism which is a type of brain damage. It used to be the case that 1 in a 1000 were so afflicted, now it's 1 in 100. How can there be a karmic/spiritual reason

Stycks
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Why are children afflicted with serious ailments?

Post by Stycks »

It is called generational curses. If it is in some families blood line. I should be dealt with as soon as possible, to stop it;s
destructive nature.

Horny Goat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Horny Goat »

Thanks for your response. I'd never thought of such a thing. How would it come about? Would an enemy have placed it on them or did they bring it upon themselves?

Liberator
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Liberator »

Stycks wrote:It is called generational curses. If it is in some families blood line. I should be dealt with as soon as possible, to stop it;s
destructive nature.
How would you remove generational curses?

Horny Goat
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Horny Goat »

I believe that Josephine McCarthy's The Exorcist's Handbook has details on generational curses. I'll have to look it up.

Cybernetic_Jazz
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by Cybernetic_Jazz »

Someone told me an equally horrifying (when you really think about it) story in a different direction but equally telling of the personality of the game itself.

A guy who happened to be spiritual teacher and writer of considerable acumen was walking up a spiral staircase with a bunch of people and a man with severe cerebral palsy was about to collapse and cause everyone down the stairs to fall. The spiritual teacher's knee was already bothering him severely but nonetheless he told the man to climb on his back. He sprinted up the stairs, with the man on his back, feeling like his knee would burst. He got to the top and the long-term ailment he had in his knee was healed.

I remembered feeling a bit sick to my stomach when I heard that story and thinking in the back of my head "Wow - I'm screwed". The disturbing thing about that story - at least to me - he did the inverse of what most people would have considered to be the responsible thing to do. He could have had the man sit down, he could have tried to get someone else to help physically move him up the stairs. If his knee had given out, who knows, it could have been both of them falling down the stairs and yielding the same result - plus him having a blown knee.

Coming to think it from that position - think of movies like Meetings with Extraordinary Men and the strangeness of the litmus tests and priorities, think of a universe where the priority of incarnation is not at all making kindness among people expedient but rather making a LOT of people worms on the fishing hooks for bullies. If we're concealing our faults, not abrasing with each other enough, and our masks are holding up the universe seems like it will invent new ways to make us abrase against each other.

That's the kind of classroom that Buddha was talking about this being. It's where social darwinist, fascict, and other philosophies hoping to 'make the trains run on time' fall down - it's a universe that from that perspective frowns on convenience and expedience and esteems trial.

That's also why the magical path isn't particularly attractive to people who'd think that the sign of a thing's value is whether it helps make someone rich or keep them out of difficulties - more often than not I keep hearing that it speeds up the processes of tests. By the time a person has been in this 5 or 10 years and has no public show of extraordinary powers, has sometimes even more life problems, people will of course - with that attitude - look at them as living evidence that there's nothing to it when really it's perhaps the other way around that the Universe would consider there to be nothing to the measuring stick that they're holding up to reality on such terms. We hold efficiency and practicality with respect to comfort sacred, the universe seems to see that as a method of escaping the alchemy of evolution.
You don't have to do a thing perfect, just relentlessly.

Return to “Off-Topic (Occult)”